Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Currently, leaving a duel by either typing /leave or closing the game does not count towards your deaths statistic. This makes sense, since it's not technically a death. But it is very annoying for the opponent, because only kills and not wins are displayed on the leaderboard.
I have seen many people leave the game when they are about to lose. This is very common with the OP Warror kit because it makes it easy to type /leave before getting killed, but some players even do it repeatedly with other kits.
I am not sure why they do it, but I can only think of two reasons: Either to avoid the death on their stats or to annoy their opponent by not giving them the kill on theirs.

My suggestion is to handle people leaving as in skywars and other games. The player would always get one death on their stats and if the opponent hit them shortly before, they would also get the kill.

Previously, multiple people have suggested a timeout for leaving a duel.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/p...houldnt-be-allowed-to-pvp-for-1-minute.185012
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/punish-rage-quitters-in-duels.186754
While I also support that idea, simply counting it as a death would have less impact on players that leave because they aren't happy with the kit/map, they experienct a bug (generating terrain :mad:) or because theit opponent is behaving unfairly.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I see what you mean, but then there's the many cases where people may leave the game due to an internet/game crash. At that point it depends on how much a death in the statistics matters to players. To certain it may be more important that to others.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I see what you mean, but then there's the many cases where people may leave the game due to an internet/game crash. At that point it depends on how much a death in the statistics matters to players. To certain it may be more important that to others.
In more than 10000 duels I played on cubecraft this has only happened a handful of times to me. And in those cases I think it's more fair to add a death to their stats than to substract a kill from their opponent's. What about people that care about their kills/wins ratio?

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Not to mention autodisconnect hacks. With or without killaura, a hacker would be "unkillable" if they have auto-disconnect. I've had those guys. The second I hit them for the last time, while they are clearly moving, not on the escape screen, they disconnect. Hackers are usually possible to kill, but this makes it impossible.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Words cannot describe how useful this would be.
I already dislike the dissatisfaction it leaves when they quit before you kill them, and guess what. They don't lose anything from it.
Why? Because no death = makes you look better. Resulting in people bragging about stuff they could've never gotten.
I really want this to be taken into consideration, so you have my support.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
damn, I shouldn't have used the reply box to test bb codes and I definitely shouldn't have clicked on 'post'

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I agree with this as well. It doesn't really make sense to me to not count it as a death if you leave the game. I think that if you leave the game within 30 seconds of the last time a player hit you then it should count as a death.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I agree with this as well. It doesn't really make sense to me to not count it as a death if you leave the game. I think that if you leave the game within 30 seconds of the last time a player hit you then it should count as a death.

Well, there will be those players who, when desperate, just build up and then quit. In a duel, leaving at any time should count as a death. In other games, there could be exceptions, but duels cannot have a combat tag system when it comes to disconnecting. For example, with the kit that gives people blindness, you can just find high ground, pillar up 3 blocks, destroy the 2 blocks below you, and camp. I have seen people hide like that, and it usually took me a while to find them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom