Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Layer Spleef as permanent game?

• Yes, it's the superior gamemode.

• No, it sucks.

• Different arcade game would be better.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Yes this is another change a featured game into a permanent one. But hear me out.
Currently, the gamemode list (Not counting featured games) is:
Tower Defence, Lucky Islands, Skywars, Eggwars, PvP, Mineware & Parkour.
Notice how none of these games are arcade games. That's why I suggest making Layer Spleef a permanent game. If not Layer Spleef, at least an arcade game. Because there are no arcade games atm.
And, bonus points! If you permanently add Layer Spleef, there's a spot open for a new Featured Game, which could perhaps be bingo? Many people really want Bingo to come back, so not only will you make arcade players happy, players who used to play Bingo will also be happy!
It's a win win situation really.

D

Deleted member 436996

Deffinately gonna vote no. Not cause it sucks, but rather cause Arcade as a whole didnt go too well, almost every gamemode was dead and the only that could hit a considerable amount of players was Slime Survival, and it didnt get that many players anyways. Yes it may look like arcade games can be semi popular but they are not, being only avaliable for a short time is what makes them appealing and it should stay that way if we dont want to have a dead game.
And also you kinda base your opinion on "There are not enough non pvp games" which is actually false, we have 7 permanent games 3 of those are non pvp gamemodes so its clearly balanced since PvP appeals more to the public, and also we have featured games, where there are more non pvp games than pvp games, so yea, nothing wrong with balancing between pvp and chill.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Problem with arcade games is that they are so simple that there is very little replayability for most people so most people end up playing them once or twice and end up getting bored

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Let’s be logical here please, firstly Minerware is already an “arcade’’ themed game. We don’t need more of those, also could we take a second to look at the numbers:
IVo5jKT.jpg

Layer Spleef is... surprisingly very unpopular, other games get over 100 players when the server is at 1k players in total. This is not viable at all, if we were being reasonal (pls don’t hate me for this) and we mandatorily had to make a game permanent (which isn’t the case, we don’t need more permanent games), the game that deserves the most to be set as permanent would be BlockWars (now again, I’m not saying it should be permanent... that’d be a bad idea as well).
But if you insist on adding an arcade game because why not while there are other much more popular games, then it would be Line Dash or Quakecraft. 20 players out of 1k is just shockingly low. But again Minerware is already an arcade game, the most arcade-ish of them all may I add.

Reactions: Shallidor

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Let’s be logical here please, firstly Minerware is already an “arcade’’ themed game. We don’t need more of those, also could we take a second to look at the numbers:
IVo5jKT.jpg

Layer Spleef is... surprisingly very unpopular, other games get over 100 players when the server is at 1k players in total. This is not viable at all, if we were being reasonal (pls don’t hate me for this) and we mandatorily had to make a game permanent (which isn’t the case, we don’t need more permanent games), the game that deserves the most to be set as permanent would be BlockWars (now again, I’m not saying it should be permanent... that’d be a bad idea as well).
But if you insist on adding an arcade game because why not while there are other much more popular games, then it would be Line Dash or Quakecraft. 20 players out of 1k is just shockingly low. But again Minerware is already an arcade game, the most arcade-ish of them all may I add.
Calm down

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
IVo5jKT.jpg

Blockwars being a permanent game is a discussion for another time.
Mineware is not an arcade game. There is no way I would ever say or agree or even think about Mineware being an arcade game. No. It's not.
Last but not least, I said in my thread "If not Layer Spleef, then another arcade game" so if they think LS is unpopular, then they should add another arcade game. But there is no arcade game atm.

I'd prefer to add smash bros or paintball
Doubt Super Smash Bros will get added. If they add OG games,Parkour Minigame ;)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Blockwars being a permanent game is a discussion for another time.
and we mandatorily had to make a game permanent (which isn’t the case, we don’t need more permanent games)

(now again, I’m not saying it should be permanent... that’d be a bad idea as well).
It’s funny how many times I emphasized I was saying that BlockWars should be permanent, yet you didn’t understand.

Mineware is not an arcade game. There is no way I would ever say or agree or even think about Mineware being an arcade game. No. It's not.
How is it not an arcade game? Just because it wasn’t put together with the “official” arcade games, it doesn’t mean it isn’t an arcade themed game itself. You want layer Spleef? You got mini Spleef in MW! You want Wing Rush? You got Fly Through Hoops!
Arcade games are meant to be simple and short. MinerWare is 16 simple and short mini games put together. How is it not an arcade game?

Last but not least, I said in my thread "If not Layer Spleef, then another arcade game" so if they think LS is unpopular, then they should add another arcade game. But there is no arcade game atm.

But if you insist on adding an arcade game because why not while there are other much more popular games, then it would be Line Dash or Quakecraft. 20 players out of 1k is just shockingly low.
Yeah ik xd

Not because there isn’t an arcade game as permanent it means we need one, they aren’t the most popular games in the server. Considering that most people play PvP-related games in this server, any arcade game would serve the same function as MinerWare, it’s some sort of “escape” from PvP. We already have MinerWare we don’t need more.
Plus, if Layer Spleef has such a low amount of players while it’s featured, then imagine it being permanent, no hype, no excitement, no players, dead game in two weeks or so.

If management ever considers setting as permanent an Arcade game, they should be Linedash or Quakecraft.

Reactions: Shallidor

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Maybe there should 2 rotation systems: one for featured games and the other one for arcade
I think that proposal is too risky, CubeCraft’s player base hasn’t grown significantly, then why should we divide it even more.
If CubeCraft’s player base grew by 100-200 players, then this could be viable in the future. But not right now.

D

Deleted member 352903

I think that proposal is too risky, CubeCraft’s player base hasn’t grown significantly, then why should we divide it even more.
If CubeCraft’s player base grew by 100-200 players, then this could be viable in the future. But not right now.
Its not like we need 100 players to start a paintball game

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
How is it not an arcade game? Just because it wasn’t put together with the “official” arcade games, it doesn’t mean it isn’t an arcade themed game itself. You want layer Spleef? You got mini Spleef in MW! You want Wing Rush? You got Fly Through Hoops!
Arcade games are meant to be simple and short. MinerWare is 16 simple and short mini games put together. How is it not an arcade game?
You can't choose which microgame you play. With Arcade you can. Mixed Arcade would show you which game was playing.
The games took quite some time but you could leave pretty much anytime, yes you can leave Mineware but you won't get points (or as many) for winning a Microgame.
Mineware is one big game that exists out of multiple microgames that you can't really leave. You can't just play a Microgame making it a non-arcade game.
Plus, if Layer Spleef has such a low amount of players while it’s featured, then imagine it being permanent, no hype, no excitement, no players, dead game in two weeks or so.

If management ever considers setting as permanent an Arcade game, they should be Linedash or Quakecraft.
I'm 100% fine with having LD or QC as permanent game. Tho I enjoy LS more so I suggested LS.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
You can't choose which microgame you play. With Arcade you can. Mixed Arcade would show you which game was playing.
The games took quite some time but you could leave pretty much anytime, yes you can leave Mineware but you won't get points (or as many) for winning a Microgame.
Mineware is one big game that exists out of multiple microgames that you can't really leave. You can't just play a Microgame making it a non-arcade game.

I'm 100% fine with having LD or QC as permanent game. Tho I enjoy LS more so I suggested LS.
Ooo then the permanent game should be mixed arcade. Problem solved lol.

zFqcus

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2018
IVo5jKT.jpg

But this is the same with Tower Defence, That feeling never exceeds 100 :o

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom