Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JonGamer16

Jun 12, 2016
Rogueport
Hello everyone, Jonagamer13 here, and I'm posting to talk about issues with the balance in some kits in the various types of FFA. Although the kits are already pretty fair in the normal and classic modes, they could still use a good rebalancing.

First off, I want to talk about the soup FFA. The soups add a very unique and fun aspect of gameplay, but they also dramatically increase the duration of fights. This causes kits with a limited amount of items (the Archer's arrows and the Alchemist's potions) to have a very short lifespan. They can only throw and shoot so much until they run out of their ability and become vulnerable. This makes them a poor choice for going on crazy killstreaks and limits the good options to just the other 3 kits (swordsman, tank, and ninja). I have come up with 2 ways of solving this problem: 1. increasing the archer's arrows and alchemist's potions so that they run out at about the same time as their inventory soups, or 2. replenishing those kits' inventories with more items for each kill they get.

Next, I'm gonna talk about OP mode. I feel like the kits with diamond armor are overpowered because of their "toughness" stat (an aspect of the 1.9 formula for calculating armor protection) and how they look compared to other kits like the Samurai. I'm not sure exactly how much they should be nerfed, but I do think they should be nerfed.

Lastly, the elytra maps. Because the elytra requires the chestplate slot of your armor, everyone takes more damage than normal. Combine that low armor with strength, critical hits, and iron swords, and you get cheap, 2-hit kills where the first hit decides the outcome of the fight. This is also a big issue because of how popular these maps are. I think the strength should be removed and replaced with resistance to make up for the massive armor loss.

Well, that's about everything I have to say on that topic. I hope this post will help improve the FFA servers and make them more popular. 'Til next time!

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm just going to comment on the Elytra maps, considering that's what I have the most experience with.
I disagree.
Sure, the armor is frail. A few hits and you're dead. But EVERYONE has this disadvantage. Getting off the first hit is with skill. And if you weren't paying attention to a behind stab, that's on you. The fights last like 30 seconds, because otherwise someone eventually figures out they can escape by flying away. Giving resistance just makes it easier to run.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Hello everyone, Jonagamer13 here, and I'm posting to talk about issues with the balance in some kits in the various types of FFA. Although the kits are already pretty fair in the normal and classic modes, they could still use a good rebalancing.

First off, I want to talk about the soup FFA. The soups add a very unique and fun aspect of gameplay, but they also dramatically increase the duration of fights. This causes kits with a limited amount of items (the Archer's arrows and the Alchemist's potions) to have a very short lifespan. They can only throw and shoot so much until they run out of their ability and become vulnerable. This makes them a poor choice for going on crazy killstreaks and limits the good options to just the other 3 kits (swordsman, tank, and ninja). I have come up with 2 ways of solving this problem: 1. increasing the archer's arrows and alchemist's potions so that they run out at about the same time as their inventory soups, or 2. replenishing those kits' inventories with more items for each kill they get.

Next, I'm gonna talk about OP mode. I feel like the kits with diamond armor are overpowered because of their "toughness" stat (an aspect of the 1.9 formula for calculating armor protection) and how they look compared to other kits like the Samurai. I'm not sure exactly how much they should be nerfed, but I do think they should be nerfed.

Lastly, the elytra maps. Because the elytra requires the chestplate slot of your armor, everyone takes more damage than normal. Combine that low armor with strength, critical hits, and iron swords, and you get cheap, 2-hit kills where the first hit decides the outcome of the fight. This is also a big issue because of how popular these maps are. I think the strength should be removed and replaced with resistance to make up for the massive armor loss.

Well, that's about everything I have to say on that topic. I hope this post will help improve the FFA servers and make them more popular. 'Til next time!
The kits are fine the way they are. Really, there is nothing wrong with the kits as everyone can kill everyone and/or run away.

Reactions: Rinbunri

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
Agreed with ^
It is fine as it is, I don't really see a need to change it since all the kits have their pro's and cons.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016

Agreed. Also there is a massive imbalance in op, it takes around 30 ish sharp 1 hits from the warrior to kill a tank, yet a tank can kill a warrior in 20 ish hits. So not only does it have better defensive capabilities, it can also kill warrior quicker.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Velocidad wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Velocidad wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicitaciones! ;)
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LESSGOOOOOOOOOOOO
Eli wrote on Fisktratt's profile.
Caaaaaalva
Loskol wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom