Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y1j_

Aug 18, 2017
Today again, I met numerous laggers and ofcourse tried my best, but unfortunately this doesn't always work. At the end of the day I met a lagger called something like zNightmqre_BG. He had a ping of 500, yes you read that well, 500 ping. So, we start the game normally, and then we meet him. I hit him and hit him etc. And out of NOWHERE my guy teleports behind me, and now he is at a distance of 30 blocks. I attack him again and he teleports around me and has crits when not even jumping... so I died. This happens almost every game and I'm DONE with this insane abuse. Kb? NO. Let me give an example: I combo someone with a block, I even counted my hits. 50 full hits while running and guess how many blocks she moves? 2, let's look further at the abuse. The hits. It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone when they are around 100-200 ping. This is the perfect ping for them to hit from around 5 to 8 blocks. And you can say like 'yes but so many people lag and can't do anything about it', and 'You suck!'. When lagging THIS MUCH, consider choosing another hobby. Because this is absolutely insane and can't go further on, it RUINS every damn game. So, being this critic you can also expect a solution. And I have one. My idea is to make 2 different servers. One for below 100 ping and the other for everything above. Have a good day, and remember, think before act.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Unfortunately a lot of people get more than a hundred ping on the server. If we were to do this a significant chunk of the player base would be removed. Cubecraft isn’t a competitive server per se, so sacrificing so much just so the people with low ping are pleased would be a bad move. I found your post rather exaggerated as well, I get anywhere form 160 to 210 ping and I don’t think I can hit people from 8 blocks away. Laggers aren’t completely unbeatable, and they’re part of the game it’s just something you’d have to get used to

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
uPOQn8P.png

srpigglet

Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2019
Valorant
Definitely no, i have usually 200ms on cubecraft, and a loooot of people don't just have bad internet, It's also because they live in a country that is far from the host, that's it, as said above, I can't hit from 8 blocks away.

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Definitly no, This would decrease the amount of players so much. It just a thing where you have to get used to.

Y1j_

Aug 18, 2017
Unfortunately a lot of people get more than a hundred ping on the server. If we were to do this a significant chunk of the player base would be removed. Cubecraft isn’t a competitive server per se, so sacrificing so much just so the people with low ping are pleased would be a bad move. I found your post rather exaggerated as well, I get anywhere form 160 to 210 ping and I don’t think I can hit people from 8 blocks away. Laggers aren’t completely unbeatable, and they’re part of the game it’s just something you’d have to get used to
It is very simple for a lagger to say this. Play on good internet and you will see it yourself. Maybe for you it is 3 blocks and I believe that, but for non-laggers this can extend to 7 blocks. And I have 10ms

• Haha
Reactions: Wave Master7S

Y1j_

Aug 18, 2017
Definitely no, i have usually 200ms on cubecraft, and a loooot of people don't just have bad internet, It's also because they live in a country that is far from the host, that's it, as said above, I can't hit from 8 blocks away.
Ofcourse laggers want to keep their advantage, please don't act like a victim. I think my solution is optimal and should be used

• Haha

Y1j_

Aug 18, 2017
Definitly no, This would decrease the amount of players so much. It just a thing where you have to get used to.
A competitive server and non-competitive server, as far as I know there are enough competitive players who think the same.

• Haha

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I usually have good ping, but for those moments that it can spike, I don't think I should be kicked from the server. I've never heard of someone having 6-8 blocks of reach from a high ping. Sorry but this is just taking it too far, I would maybe understand kicking players with a 1000+ ping but besides that it's going to have to be a no from me.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I get that you think fighting laggers is extremely annoying, I used to think that too, but just imagine that you are that person for a second. How would you feel if you simply cannot do anything about it because you live far away from the host? It would be unfair for those people.
When lagging THIS MUCH, consider choosing another hobby.
So you are basically saying that they should just quit Minecraft, even though they really enjoy it and have paid for it? Besides that, there are plenty of players who have a decent connection. I personally do not really bother fighting laggers anymore, because I have figured out new strategies to fight them. Think about using lava for an example. That's a really effective way to decrease their health. And like others said before, your idea is honestly not a good solution. It wouldn't only mean that games would take forever to fill, but also that people wouldn't be able to play with others from different countries anymore, which would be very unfortunate.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It is very simple for a lagger to say this. Play on good internet and you will see it yourself. Maybe for you it is 3 blocks and I believe that, but for non-laggers this can extend to 7 blocks. And I have 10ms
So because my ping is 99% of the time under 50 and suddenly it racks up to 130 for a few second I should get kicked, because maybe i’ll have some increased range? Tbh I don’t think this is fair to any of our players. This would make people angry on the short team and it might even result in our server getting less players on the long term (means they’ll loose a lot of money since people wont buy a rank anymore). I really don’t think that this is a good solution to your problem.

EDIT: I also barely experience players that lag that bad. I noticed two cheaters today lagging really hard, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that was built-in to confuse people.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
You are over exaggerating. I mean, when I play a game of eggwars and after an hour I have internet problems for a few seconds I get kicked? That’s nonsense. Imo laggers are less annoying than hackers and there is just nothing to do about. And you get killed by a lagger every game as you said? That’s quite unique.

Reactions: B0tervlieg and East
D

Deleted member 469419

So you're meaning that if someone get 100 of ping it should be instantly kicked? Definitely no. I usually get +100 of ping on Cubecraft and I have a normal wifi, a lot of people play with more than 100 ping on Cubecraft, if this get finally added, then nobody would want to play on cubecraft because they wouldn't be able to play at any game and it would be really unfair.

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Ping is not something you can easily buy. "Buying better internet" can lower your ping. However It's important to know that the travel time (ping) increases when you're further away from the servers. Living in the UK gives you lower ping while people in Russia mostly have a higher ping. The only solution is putting more servers across the globe. But that's really expensive. Cubecraft is about having fun with everyone around the globe.

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
Erm this is racist to people who live on the other side of the world to the CubeCraft servers. So you just wanna ban all Americans and Australians. How about no. I know it can be annoying, because I never have over 10 ping and people with more ping can be annoying, but this is a stupid idea.

-1 for sure!

D

Deleted member 421664

Today again, I met numerous laggers and ofcourse tried my best, but unfortunately this doesn't always work. At the end of the day I met a lagger called something like zNightmqre_BG. He had a ping of 500, yes you read that well, 500 ping. So, we start the game normally, and then we meet him. I hit him and hit him etc. And out of NOWHERE my guy teleports behind me, and now he is at a distance of 30 blocks. I attack him again and he teleports around me and has crits when not even jumping... so I died. This happens almost every game and I'm DONE with this insane abuse. Kb? NO. Let me give an example: I combo someone with a block, I even counted my hits. 50 full hits while running and guess how many blocks she moves? 2, let's look further at the abuse. The hits. It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone when they are around 100-200 ping. This is the perfect ping for them to hit from around 5 to 8 blocks. And you can say like 'yes but so many people lag and can't do anything about it', and 'You suck!'. When lagging THIS MUCH, consider choosing another hobby. Because this is absolutely insane and can't go further on, it RUINS every damn game. So, being this critic you can also expect a solution. And I have one. My idea is to make 2 different servers. One for below 100 ping and the other for everything above. Have a good day, and remember, think before act.
No, because another country has bad wifi like Arabic and Americans they have 100+ actually we can't have more than big because of us century so far

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
You just delegtimized your entire thread, because you're under the impression that people with 100+ ping have potato routers when that's not true. I'm not a technician, I know barely anything about internet, connections and that kind of technology, but the concept of ping is rather simple,

A ping is a signal sent to a host that requests a response.

I researched what factors mess with ping, and the first and most important one is this one: Pure Physical Distance — every signal will attenuate, and thus weaken over distance. The farther you are the weaker it becomes. Ping, in players is mostly defined because of their location, the place they are playing from. I am fairly certain that it is impossible for me to ever get 50 ping from my house because I live approximately 8,000 kilometers away from the host. It's not about having good internet, it's about location. Perhaps you hadn't thought about it, but a side effect of blocking off people with more than 100 ping is rejecting players from various regions of the world, that are far enough to always have high levels of ping. My WiFi is not the issue, but it's not my fault I live on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. And it shouldn't be anyone's fault to live far from the host.

Just close this thread it is pointless to keep talking about it
No, closing threads is just as bad as making pointless suggestions, the idea of a forum is to have discussion, not to close topics whenever something is rejected.

D

Deleted member 421664

No, because another country has bad wifi like Arabic and Americans they have 100+ actually we can't have more than big because of us century so far
You just delegtimized your entire thread, because you're under the impression that people with 100+ ping have potato routers when that's not true. I'm not a technician, I know barely anything about internet, connections and that kind of technology, but the concept of ping is rather simple,

A ping is a signal sent to a host that requests a response.

I researched what factors mess with ping, and the first and most important one is this one: Pure Physical Distance — every signal will attenuate, and thus weaken over distance. The farther you are the weaker it becomes. Ping, in players is mostly defined because of their location, the place they are playing from. I am fairly certain that it is impossible for me to ever get 50 ping from my house because I live approximately 8,000 kilometers away from the host. It's not about having good internet, it's about location. Perhaps you hadn't thought about it, but a side effect of blocking off people with more than 100 ping is rejecting players from various regions of the world, that are far enough to always have high levels of ping. My WiFi is not the issue, but it's not my fault I live on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. And it shouldn't be anyone's fault to live far from the host.

No, closing threads is just as bad as making pointless suggestions, the idea of a forum is to have discussion, not to close topics whenever something is rejected.
I agree (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom