Status
Not open for further replies.

da egg war lover

Feb 1, 2016
efclukes gingerbread house
look let me tell u a simple fact
if ur not so good in pvp?
why wouldn't u train to become better?
because this so calles game company needs to clean the shit for people who cant pvp??

and i dont know what u like about 2 seconds of delay when switching items or hitting?

Blocking/hitting is indeed a feature that blocks 0.5 damage so i dont know who told u that it was never an inplemented feature.

good evening.
guys why is he fighting with people who don't agree with him?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Ever used a fishing rod? I can easily switch 5 times per second and use my fishing rod on EU servers. I'm slow doing this,.some people can do this way faster.1.9 just completely removes the use of a fishing rod in pvp unless you're not using a shield in your off-hand.
Posting on thus forum sucks on my phone..
The fishing rod cannot even reach about 2 pixels from your face in 0.1 seconds, it takes about 0.7 seconds for it to reach player, this means that the cooldown would've reset 7 times and that's you only using it once. It doesn't matter how fast you are, the fishing rod cannot be used in 0.1 seconds. Simple as that.

da egg war lover

Feb 1, 2016
efclukes gingerbread house
The fishing rod cannot even reach about 2 pixels from your face in 0.1 seconds, it takes about 0.7 seconds for it to reach player, this means that the cooldown would've reset 7 times and that's you only using it once. It doesn't matter how fast you are, the fishing rod cannot be used in 0.1 seconds. Simple as that.
did u guys notice p_assasin fights with whoever dosent agree

Felipea2

Aug 21, 2015
Looking for you
IMO at least 60% of the people that support 1.9 are people that are not very good with PvP in 1.8
Why do we want to keep 1.8? Because we´ve been using it for months, we like it a lot, IT DOES have strategy (If you say 1.8 is just spamming clicks then you´re just a noob... How about strafing, w-tapping, block hitting, lava placement (where available), rodding before hitting...)
The 1.9 just slows the pace of a game that we (the 1.8 pvpers) have loved for many months. In terms of PvP, its a different game.
EDIT: "1.8 is all about ping" lol, I have 200 ping as a MINIMUM on a famous PvP server yet my ELO is decent. Why? Because I know how to control the other PvP factors mentioned above.

Last edited:

Felipea2

Aug 21, 2015
Looking for you
The cooldown time, when switching items (For example, going from a rod to a fully charged sword) is of around 0.5 seconds. In this time you can currently, at best situations, do 2 criticals in minecraft 1.8. In 1.9 you would do half of that in the same time.
The cooldown time between 2 hits (between the time where you click, until the sword is fully charged) is of around 0.7 seconds. With this time, and in ideal conditions, you could hit around 3 times a player currently. (Minecraft registers around 4 hits per second)

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
QpIzt2S.jpg

@p_assassin

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Without expressing all of my opinions for 1.9 (and believe me, I have a lot of them), I will say this:
(PS this is coming from someone who absolutely can't stand 1.9)
Some generally good things for minigames:
- Elytra Wings
- Spectral arrows (will be cool for pvp)
The good thing Mojang added for backwards compatibility:
- generic.attackSpeed attribute so plugins / map makers can choose how long a player should wait between clicks (therefore they can make it 0)
The thing that is gone forever (R.I.P.):
- Blocking with a sword
The 'what... y???' thing Mojang added:
- Saturation points give you a regen like affect on your health -- why?????
- Can't craft OP golden apples / Notch apples anymore - why?????
-
You take damage when hitting with a hoe - why?????

* note some information based off http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9 as of 2/24/16
Another thing I miss: op'ness of enchanted golden apples, crafting recipe for enchanted golden apples.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
IMO at least 60% of the people that support 1.9 are people that are not very good with PvP in 1.8
Why do we want to keep 1.8? Because we´ve been using it for months, we like it a lot, IT DOES have strategy (If you say 1.8 is just spamming clicks then you´re just a noob... How about strafing, w-tapping, block hitting, lava placement (where available), rodding before hitting...)
The 1.9 just slows the pace of a game that we (the 1.8 pvpers) have loved for many months. In terms of PvP, its a different game.
EDIT: "1.8 is all about ping" lol, I have 200 ping as a MINIMUM on a famous PvP server yet my ELO is decent. Why? Because I know how to control the other PvP factors mentioned above.

Jesus Christ xD I can beat you Inside out in any PvP game ! Really the only thing you guys do is running after another and spam clicking Swords. At least 1.9 will bring some Smart PVP people who can spam a sword!

Instead of running after another try to think where to other one is trying to run off to so you can get him/her from surprise. Instead of spamming try to make only Criticals by walking behind or something. Use the environment till the cooldown is over and then beat the crap out of your opponent. Now there where some nice 1.9 PvP tricks <- And that's how you smart think PvP really.

Bye.

Felipea2

Aug 21, 2015
Looking for you
Jesus Christ xD I can beat you Inside out in any PvP game ! Really the only thing you guys do is running after another and spam clicking Swords. At least 1.9 will bring some Smart PVP people who can spam a sword!

Instead of running after another try to think where to other one is trying to run off to so you can get him/her from surprise. Instead of spamming try to make only Criticals by walking behind or something. Use the environment till the cooldown is over and then beat the crap out of your opponent. Now there where some nice 1.9 PvP tricks <- And that's how you smart think PvP really.

Bye.
Really? Did you even read my post? If 1.8 is all about spamming clicks then I guess you are not an expert on 1.8/1.7 PvP.
If you believe you're so "good" in PvP, then duel me on a 1v1 server, I can give the IP to you through a private conversation. :D
IKR Eggwars is going to be awesome!
erhmm you can't craft in eggwars, you buy the God apples from the villager :)

Felipea2

Aug 21, 2015
Looking for you
Kill aura doesnt work more .
☺☺
Hahaha yeah that's true
Ohh... Wait... How about the Knockback in skywars?
EDIT: ohh wait...(again xD)
Now we will killed with guys with a reach of 15 blocks and they'll just kill us slowly.
Plus, hackers will still manage to develop a 1.9 kill aura I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom