Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey guys!

I really hate overpowered in EggWars (Java), and I just can't understand why people like it more than normal. I've asked a lot of OP voters in-game why they like it so much, but the only answer I get is 'because I like it' or something like that. I just really want to know the exact reasons as I just don't understand it.

So my question is: why do you like overpowered so much? And what makes it better than normal for you?

Thanks!

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Personally I also like normal more. Normal items are more balanced (I feel like overpowered always end in a golden apple eating contest) However, it OP does have one thing going for it: everything is a lot cheaper (mainly blocks, obsidian and food) making it much more rush friendly. Since rushing means a faster game, I can see were its popularity comes from. Like I said though, I personally thing normal items are way better suited for PvP, thus being superior.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Personally I also like normal more. Normal items are more balanced (I feel like overpowered always end in a golden apple eating contest) However, it OP does have one thing going for it: everything is a lot cheaper (mainly blocks, obsidian and food) making it much more rush friendly. Since rushing means a faster game, I can see were its popularity comes from. Like I said though, I personally thing normal items are way better suited for PvP, thus being superior.
Yeah, but with the obby, and easy acces to bows it makes the gameplay much slower.

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
Hey! I always vote for OP when I play eggwars (I don't play it a lot tho), I like it because of the amount of items you get for the same price (for example, iron). Also I like the enchanted items. Orrr maybe also because I'm used to overpowered! :)

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
Hey! I always vote for OP when I play eggwars (I don't play it a lot tho), I like it because of the amount of items you get for the same price (for example, iron). Also I like the enchanted items. Orrr maybe also because I'm used to overpowered! :)
Okay, I understand that.
What do you think about the protection IV armour tho? Don't you think fights take too long because of it? (even when it's half health)

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
Okay, I understand that.
What do you think about the protection IV armour tho? Don't you think fights take too long because of it? (even when it's half health)
I think fights with diamond armour take a little to long indeed. But since I'm more of a 'rush player', this is not common for me..

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
I’m an absolute OP player, I just want to rush as soon as possible. I don’t like to play 1 game for too long. I love how cheap everything is in OP, normal just takes way too long for me :rolleyes:

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I’m an absolute OP player, I just want to rush as soon as possible. I don’t like to play 1 game for too long. I love how cheap everything is in OP, normal just takes way too long for me :rolleyes:
I understand that blocks are cheaper so at the start you can rush quicker. But then you have 1 or maybe 2 neighboors down. The rest of the game (on average (speaking from own experience)) overall takes a lot longer because of campers, long fights, etc. Is it so bad to wait 5-10 more seconds on the iron generator in the beginning?

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
By the way I also consider myself quite as a 'rush player'. However I think having to wait a little longer for iron to craft blocks in the beginning of the game makes the games a lot quicker at the end and also doesn't mean you can't rush anymore.

And about steak: I fully agree that 5 iron for steak is just silly. They really need to change this to 3 or maybe just 1 iron per steak.

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
I'd say ''OP'' is better then ''Normal'' mode. Everything is cheaper instead of the Iron armour and maybe more stuff... But in my opinion, the armour is too strong maybe they need to make is PROT2?

Reactions: Ben5124

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Yeah, but with the obby, and easy acces to bows it makes the gameplay much slower.
I 100% agree to this, but protection IV armour just ruins everything
Yes, I so agree with this. Overall the game will be quicker early game, but will MASSIVELY decrease in the pace end game. There is always this one player camping with a bow in full diamond. I understand the appeal of early game rushing, but the annoyance of the prot IV armour is overlooked.

• Love

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Op items and normal/half health - this is because I mostly play my games in a rush mode so I need to have cheap items and stuff. also, just with op stuff is cheap and cheap stuff in Eggwars is just good things 👌

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I don't prefer overpowered to normal but here is what I like about overpowered: in overpowered you can often have bridge fights that will be fun cause you don't lose much health. With rushing I experience when trying to break an egg in normal I die fast when trying to run past people to get the egg that has no obsidian and in op I most of times get the egg and cause I don't die as quick. I like that you can run from fights since the first hits you take don't deal as much damage so you can run. I like how you knock people off often instead of pvping however I don't like being knocked off. I like taking 2v1s in overpowered by knocking people off as in normal I mostly get killed in a few hits.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I agree with you that I prefer normal game mode, but most players prefer overpowered game mode for these reasons:
- You can defend your egg fast with just 15 obsidians. (unlike normal, you need 50)
- You can get 12 steaks with just 12 irons. (unlike normal, you need an iron stack for 12 steaks)
- you get 1 blocks stack with just 22 irons. (unlike normal, you need 32 irons)
- You can get too many gaps and ensure winning any fights.
- You can get diamond armor & notch apple easily. (with just 10 diamonds for each apple)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom