Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Before I start, I want to say that everything I say about the staff team in this thread is satire, its not srs, so don't tell them to take any action against it. However, what I say about the server is srs suggestions.

Everyone reading this thread probably knows by now that Cube is dying. Its gone from having similar player counts to Hypixel to being on its knees so quickly. The chat filter being added to pchats with no toggle is one thing that contributed to that, but I'm not saying anything about that in this thread other than the fact that it caused the player count to decrease.

I played on Cube awhile ago and there was an absolutely game-breaking bug, the chat's completely disabled across the entire network!
no chat 1.jpg

no chat 2.jpg

no chat 3.jpg

All that shows up in the chat is the welcome message, the sentinel is always watching message and notifications about friends joining or leaving. I reported it and if this turns out to be intentional, then the management team needs to go back to school. How old are they? 5? If it is intentional and it turns out to be to make the server more kid friendly, why this before the removal of all PvP gamemodes on the server? Ok, that last question although not being about staff was a joke.

The most recent update is the bingo community suggestions update, and although that was a good thing, it alone is nowhere near enough to get this trainwreck of a server back on track. Bingo was released at the wrong time imo, especially with everyone complaining about how other games are broken and parkour has been in maintenance for 2 years and still not done.

Tbh the best thing that can happen to Cube this year is for the current management team to resign, and I mean all of them. They've ignored us and the sooner we have a fresh new management team the better. Scrap #MakeCubeGreatAgain, #MakeCubePlayableAgain.

Starting when I wake up on Sunday morning, I will be taking a month break from all of Cube, except the discord. Hopefully when I come back things will have improved, although they probably won't have. I may add more to this thread before I go.

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
Tbh the best thing that can happen to Cube this year is for the current management team to resign, and I mean all of them. They've ignored us and the sooner we have a fresh new management team the better. Scrap #MakeCubeGreatAgain, #MakeCubePlayableAgain.
lol, no
What makes you think that getting new staff will solve all of cubecraft's problems?
Unpopular opinion maybe but cubecraft isn't dead and management does listen to the community

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello, I should note that the issue with your chat is completely to do with your client. You have your chat set to "Hidden" or "Commands only" in your Minecraft settings. If you see a message saying "Cannot send chat message", thats a client issue, not a server issue :P

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I played on Cube awhile ago and there was an absolutely game-breaking bug, the chat's completely disabled across the entire network!

Game breaking bugs happen, I don't understand how you can use this as a point in your argument. We're a bad network because we have bugs? It's not as if game breaking bugs are common, every server has issues, ours are just as frequent as anyone elses.

Everyone reading this thread probably knows by now that Cube is dying. Its gone from having similar player counts to Hypixel to being on its knees so quickly. The chat filter being added to pchats with no toggle is one thing that contributed to that, but I'm not saying anything about that in this thread other than the fact that it caused the player count to decrease.
Less players <> dying.

A lot of things have changed in that time, including Sentinel and 1.9. You have to think logically about this, we are one of the so few 1.9 servers, the only other ones I could find that are fully 1.9 compatible have less than 100 players, so you have to think that for a 1.9 server we are doing pretty damn well by holding our place in the top 5 all the time as a network that mains the version that the entire community resents so badly. Sure 1.8 may boost the server somewhat back to it's 2016 popularity, but since when was that a necessity? CubeCraft has had considerably less than 25k players for a good 2 years now and it's still holding it's player count in the top 5 almost all the time.

Blaming the chat filter for "cubecraft dying" is absurd, being that the player count didn't even drop after that update happened, you have absolutely zero evidence that the chat filter update contributed to that whatsoever, people were complaining on the forums a whole lot, but that doesn't suggest anything to do with the network itself.

The most recent update is the bingo community suggestions update, and although that was a good thing, it alone is nowhere near enough to get this trainwreck of a server back on track. Bingo was released at the wrong time imo, especially with everyone complaining about how other games are broken and parkour has been in maintenance for 2 years and still not done.

Starting when I wake up on Sunday morning, I will be taking a month break from all of Cube, except the discord. Hopefully when I come back things will have improved, although they probably won't have. I may add more to this thread before I go.

Bingo has likely been in development for way longer than we've been receiving complaints on the forums, you don't really have any understanding of how long games are in development for. I'm also really confused by this whole "nobody asked for this" argument, not every update has to be a community suggestion, which seems to be what people think. Management regardless of their "management" tags are actually avid game developers, they still want to have their own creations. Players may think "this game is fun, surely it would be popular!" but it's always waaayy more complicated than that. There are so many more factors taken into account when publishing a new game and not every game will work as you may think. If someone suggested "Blockband" in great detail on the forums, it surely would get a lot of upvotes and support because it's a great concept, however it does not work in practice for many reasons that players may not have picked up on.

Finally I'd like to say that I'm not defending CubeCraft to my grave because of my staff position as most of you would assume, these are genuinely my beliefs and opinions about these situations. Hope this cleared a few things up for you.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
Game breaking bugs happen, I don't understand how you can use this as a point in your argument. We're a bad network because we have bugs? It's not as if game breaking bugs are common, every server has issues, ours are just as frequent as anyone elses.

Less players <> dying.

A lot of things have changed in that time, including Sentinel and 1.9. You have to think logically about this, we are one of the so few 1.9 servers, the only other ones I could find that are fully 1.9 compatible have less than 100 players, so you have to think that for a 1.9 server we are doing pretty damn well by holding our place in the top 5 all the time as a network that mains the version that the entire community resents so badly. Sure 1.8 may boost the server somewhat back to it's 2016 popularity, but since when was that a necessity? CubeCraft has had considerably less than 25k players for a good 2 years now and it's still holding it's player count in the top 5 almost all the time.

Blaming the chat filter for "cubecraft dying" is absurd, being that the player count didn't even drop after that update happened, you have absolutely zero evidence that the chat filter update contributed to that whatsoever, people were complaining on the forums a whole lot, but that doesn't suggest anything to do with the network itself.

Bingo has likely been in development for way longer than we've been receiving complaints on the forums, you don't really have any understanding of how long games are in development for. I'm also really confused by this whole "nobody asked for this" argument, not every update has to be a community suggestion, which seems to be what people think. Management regardless of their "management" tags are actually avid game developers, they still want to have their own creations. Players may think "this game is fun, surely it would be popular!" but it's always waaayy more complicated than that. There are so many more factors taken into account when publishing a new game and not every game will work as you may think. If someone suggested "Blockband" in great detail on the forums, it surely would get a lot of upvotes and support because it's a great concept, however it does not work in practice for many reasons that players may not have picked up on.

Finally I'd like to say that I'm not defending CubeCraft to my grave because of my staff position as most of you would assume, these are genuinely my beliefs and opinions about these situations. Hope this cleared a few things up for you.

giphy.gif
I'm sorry, but you are just deluded. If you don't see that there are more and more people complaining about stuff and the fact that Cube is getting less players is absurd.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I'm sorry, but you are just deluded. If you don't see that there are more and more people complaining about stuff and the fact that Cube is getting less players is absurd.
StorySays isn't saying that there isn't anyone complaining. A part of my job is to listen to the community, collect ideas/suggestions and make them become reality if possible. The past couple of months I've been working at CubeCraft I've been collecting ideas, feedback and opinions, and all of them will impact the future of CubeCraft. As much as I love to not upset the community, its challenging to add things people want to CubeCraft as some community members will hate them and some will like them. Communities have mixed opinions, and you simply cannot satisfy them completely, and especially not all at once.

I'm trying my hardest to satisfy everyone within the community if possible and if valuable, but its takes time. All I ask if for people to please be patient and continue to be civil and wonderful community members :) As Drew stated above, so ideas cannot be created in a week, they take months of planning, development, testing and releasing. I hope this clears up a few things. And feel free to pm me if you have any questions :P

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
To add to that. ^

CubeCraft is actually not losing players, I check Minetrack everyday, the player count naturally declines closer to exam times after December and rises again in Summer, this happens every year. Just because we've only really had one year of evidence of this doesn't mean it's not a thing. This happens everywhere else in the Minigame server community.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
lol, no
What makes you think that getting new staff will solve all of cubecraft's problems?
Unpopular opinion maybe but cubecraft isn't dead and management does listen to the community
giphy.gif

Hello, I should note that the issue with your chat is completely to do with your client. You have your chat set to "Hidden" or "Commands only" in your Minecraft settings. If you see a message saying "Cannot send chat message", thats a client issue, not a server issue :p
Ok I'll check that. I don't remember ever changing my chat settings though.

Less players <> dying.

giphy.gif
I didn't say having bugs makes a server automatically bad, I'm saying game-breakers need fixing asap. I was just getting word about what was going on out there, and said what I experienced should be reversed if intentional. However, I'll check my chat settings to see if what Cam said is right.
Ok bingo was indev before the complaints started coming in, but surely it could've waited to be released until the complaints were dealt with.
Anyway, thx for the info.
To add to that. ^

CubeCraft is actually not losing players, I check Minetrack everyday, the player count naturally declines closer to exam times after December and rises again in Summer, this happens every year. Just because we've only really had one year of evidence of this doesn't mean it's not a thing. This happens everywhere else in the Minigame server community.
What year saw the most players leave during this time? Also the time of year you said Cube always loses players at is three months after what it did this time.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Before I start, I want to say that everything I say about the staff team in this thread is satire, its not srs, so don't tell them to take any action against it. However, what I say about the server is srs suggestions.

View attachment 141988
View attachment 141989
View attachment 141990
All that shows up in the chat is the welcome message, the sentinel is always watching message and notifications about friends joining or leaving. I reported it and if this turns out to be intentional, then the management team needs to go back to school. How old are they? 5? If it is intentional and it turns out to be to make the server more kid friendly, why this before the removal of all PvP gamemodes on the server? Ok, that last question although not being about staff was a joke.

Every server has bugs and I bet this one is:
1. Not intentional
2. Cient side
Also dont be rude to the staff/managment team and say they are bad at their job and they should resign. They are here to help us if we need it! :)

Reactions: Camezonda

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
View attachment 141997
Sry I accidentally pressed post before adding this on the end.
Well then if it was that much of a joke, then you really should have made it more clear. Just be more clear next time :)
Also that "gif" if completely inaccurate for this situation. You would have to state that that is a joke, but you didn't. I couldn't find anything on that at least.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Also dont be rude to the staff/managment team and say they are bad at their job and they should resign. They are here to help us if we need it! :)
At this point I think Management is lucky they don't have a mob outside their houses protesting Cubecraft because of all the crappy things they've done.

If Management is really here to help us, they are doing a lousy job. It's impossible to go a day without seeing people rant about Cubecrafts HUUUGGGEEE problems. Don't say that those rants are only made because the player is toxic, those rants have legitimate reasons.

Unipotatoo

Jun 21, 2017
United States
aerosurvival.com

View attachment 141988
View attachment 141989
View attachment 141990

I can not agree more! Less then a few months ago all I played is cube, I never have liked 1.8 pvp but feel forced to play it as the only games on cube that are not super dead is eggwars and skywars **Really poor gamemodes** The only game i liked was removed and now tbh I think I might quit minecraft and go to a new game. The server is just not fun anymore :( less players means things full up slower. Today it took me 3 min to get into a duels match **was waiting in the queue for 3 min** :I and I didt even use the kit selector

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
At this point I think Management is lucky they don't have a mob outside their houses protesting Cubecraft because of all the crappy things they've done.

If Management is really here to help us, they are doing a lousy job. It's impossible to go a day without seeing people rant about Cubecrafts HUUUGGGEEE problems. Don't say that those rants are only made because the player is toxic, those rants have legitimate reasons.
Managment sure arent the best, but same with everyone. Everyone has flaws, the managment teams flaws are just in the way of annoying players by releasing things we didnt ask for.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Well then if it was that much of a joke, then you really should have made it more clear. Just be more clear next time :)
Also that "gif" if completely inaccurate for this situation. You would have to state that that is a joke, but you didn't. I couldn't find anything on that at least.
You ignored the opening paragraph? (below)
I can not agree more! Less then a few months ago all I played is cube, I never have liked 1.8 pvp but feel forced to play it as the only games on cube that are not super dead is eggwars and skywars **Really poor gamemodes** The only game i liked was removed and now tbh I think I might quit minecraft and go to a new game. The server is just not fun anymore :( less players means things full up slower. Today it took me 3 min to get into a duels match **was waiting in the queue for 3 min** :I and I didt even use the kit selector
Cube going downhill combined with me having my own idea for a minigame and the PvP community lead to me deciding to make my own server that runs 1.12 but has a vote between 1.8 and 1.9 PvP so anyone can have the PvP they like on the same server. Don't join it btw as its gonna be rly bad.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017

View attachment 141988
View attachment 141989
View attachment 141990

1) One of your main points is just a problem with your client, as said before by staff.
2) I get that you are calling all your rants about the staff jokes, but the problem is that half of your post are these rants. When you deliberately tell the reader that half of the entire post that you have written is a joke, it lowers the creditability of the post.
3)I would rather cube stay around it's current player count and keep its integrity as a server than become one of those many 1.8 servers that dozens of those obnoxious youtubers flock to make stupid, cringey clickbait videos of just to get thousands of dollars tricking gullible little kids. I would say more but you know who I'm talking about.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Bedankt voor alles cookie, ik wens je veel succes in de toekomst :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg, wish you good luck :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future Soul
Top Bottom