Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

NateDawg10187

Nov 30, 2016
Hi CubeCraft. I've been playing on your server for a while now, and I enjoy it quite a lot, and I particularly like playing on the Survival Games server. But lately, I've experienced a lot of players that are teaming on solo mode, and when players warn the teamers not to, they continue to do so. This has become a regular occurrence on pretty much every solo game I play, and it is getting very annoying, seriously ridiculous, and it is infuriating to players like myself and makes me not want to play on your server any longer. Another huge issue I experience regularly, although less often, are hackers. Hackers are playing with so many different mods and hacks that they win every time, and there is no way that you can win against such an impossible force. Cheaters, teamers, and hackers are swarming the Hunger Games solo mode, and something needs to be changed to stop this insanity and out of control behavior. Hunger Games is no longer enjoyable or fun by any means when you have no chance to win because you just simply can't.

I have a great solution however, that from my personal experience works seriously well. You should set up a new reporting system where you can report players in-game with a simple command, such as /report [player] reason..., and this could be automatically sent to an active, online staff member, who can read the report and do some investigating for themselves, sort of undercover. But, if there are no active staff members for whatever reason, reports can load onto a staff member's feed when they do happen to log on to the sever. Now, you may be thinking of another issue, and that is what if players start to abuse the command. Well, that's simple, if anyone abuses it just dish out some sort of punishment for their actions, such as a temporary ban. This new reporting system will benefit players and the enjoyment quality of your server by a lot because it works to ensure that hackers and cheaters are dealt with quickly and smoothly, versus the long and difficult process you must go through currently to report someone.

There are many problems with your current way to report a player, and I'm going to lay it all down. The first thing is that to report someone, you must have some kind of recording software handy. Well, newsflash, not everyone has one, and not everyone's computers are capable enough to use them. Secondly, not every single person has a YouTube account. Some people who do however have one may not even be permitted to upload videos by their parents/guardians. And even more, some people may not have capable enough internet to even upload a video. And lastly, the length of the video itself, once a player has defied the low odds of meeting all of these outrageous requirements, is much too long. There's a possibility a player may realize he's being recorded for an offense and leave before the required video length is actually met. This is an AWFUL way of reporting players and it is seems to me like it is rarely ever, if at all, effective. This needs to be changed at once.

I hope that you consider this proposition with a lot of thought, because there are real issues that need fixed. I hope deeply you can make changes to your broken system and put in the time for not only me, but the CubeCraft community.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The /report has been available before and it sounds like a great system on paper but it's really not when put into action. Staff members can't get into game servers, if you're in a skywars game, they cant get into that specific server to see if someone is hacking, plus there were many false reports all the time so even if they did manage to get into a game there was a large chance that the person wasn't even hacking but instead was just false reported.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
okay first off, you are over reacting. Yes there a lot of teamers and hackers, but even with them there it isn't "impossible to win" i still win quite a lot 50% maybe more. Secondly While your command idea would allow more players to send in reports, it would take the staff A LOT longer. Already it can take hours and days for a report to go through. If they had to personally go and investigate each time someone typed a command it would take them even longer and 3/4 of the time it would be a wasted time. Your argument about not everyone having recording software or able to post videos is valid, but i would like to suggest the software of bandicam. It takes very little cpu and is free. They are working on a new anti-cheat and you just need to be patient. Hope it goes better and you continue to play. Have a good day.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
If /report was added, staff would be temp banning more people for abuse than for actually hacking. This did work in the past when they had it, and will not work now. So that is one reason it won't be added, but now lets talk about another, ineffeciency. /report would absolutely horrible response time. The staff would have to teleport to the person (which you can't do because you can't join games in progress), watch them until they hack, and then report them. If its a false report (which there will be thousands daily), that is about 5 minutes wasted watching the person run around. Time that by thousands of false reports and you have days of time lost to salty people. It is way faster just to record and report. Staff have said that they can solve a report in less than 5 minutes.
As for the current report system, it works awesome. You don't need to have your recording software constantly running, just open it up when you see someone hacking, then record them, and then close it. That way you don't lag the entire game. For what you said about people not being able to have a youtube account, that is fine, just don't worry about the hacker, because someone else will record and report them. To what you said about having bad internet, if you have that bad of internet that you can't even upload a short video, there is no way you could play on the server, let alone tell hacks. So that is not a valid reason.
Now for requirements for the video. The video must be less than five minutes long. For fly hackers, you could report them with a 3 second long video. Easy. For kill aura, you can usually get enough evidence in under a minute. Nothing impossible there.
To conclude, the current system is awesome. The response time is awesome, it is efficient, no temp bans for abuse, it is fast, and best of all, the staff aren't spammed with a bunch of false reports.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
To conclude, the current system is awesome. The response time is awesome, it is efficient, no temp bans for abuse, it is fast, and best of all, the staff aren't spammed with a bunch of false reports.

Response time isn't that awesome tbh. It sometimes takes 3 days for a report to get reviewed based on my reports :/

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
to be fair, 3 days compared to the 2 months people have been waiting using the old system is a v good improvement.

I wouldn't know since I didn't really bother taking part in the community when I joined :P But if so, I guess it's a good improvement.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Response time isn't that awesome tbh. It sometimes takes 3 days for a report to get reviewed based on my reports :/
It depends on how backed up they are. Like over christmas break, they had a huge backlog of reports, and they just recently caught up. A coupe days ago, I had quite a few reports backed up, and I decided to go through and report them all. Literally as soon as a video finished uploading, the report before that one had been handled. So they were being handled in under 2 minutes. Awesome. :)
to be fair, 3 days compared to the 2 months people have been waiting using the old system is a v good improvement.
Exactly. I remember I had reported someone and it literally did not get answered. I don't think it was even handled before the switched to the new report system, so it was open a couple months. XD

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom