Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486292

The unforeseen release of mega skywars has in turn caused many players to flock to the game mode, and for what I believe to be a good reason. I should preface by stating I am actually very fond of this gamemode, I think its a great idea that can really go somewhere. However, of course, it still has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.

The first issue is the lag. It takes on many forms, and I have been able to identify several different causes. The first cause of the lag is the most obvious, albeit in a holistic sense. My framerate is halved in Mega skywars in comparison to other skywars modes. Optimizing 40 players in a single match may be an arduous task, but I contest that it is absolutely necessary to make the game fair and fun for all,on both old and new devices.
The other type of lag I wish to distinguish is TPS (server-side) lag (this is not the same as framerate lag). I have repeatedly noticed poor hit registration and knockback, along with random freezes for up to 5 seconds at a time (more commonly nearing the start of the game). I have reason to believe that chest skins are a major culprit of this, as I have noted that chest skins loading into the island are very strenuous on the game. The game freezing due to the chest skins lasts upwards of 6-7 seconds, which might not seem like a lot but can make the experience very unpleasant since looting and rushing at the start is largely centered around time and getting from point A to B in the fastest manner possible.
TNT is another problem that inadvertently ties into the lag complaint; the problems with exploding TNT are actually prevalent in all gamemodes that involve the item. When TNT explodes (particularly several at a time), it causes every player in the game to "freeze" in place in order to let the TNT explode BEFORE the players are permitted to move again. Given the labyrinthine and treacherous layout of the grass map in Mega SW, TNT exploding has resulted in many players, including myself, falling in between the gaps in the terrain and into the void. Velocity is not preserved if a player jumps and TNT explodes midair.

The next issue pertains to item and chest balancing. Chest loot at the spawn islands is way too generous when compared to loot that can be found at the middle or in the inner rings of the map. I find myself much better off by staying at my island and looting all the double chests that surround me. The loot anywhere else is way too sparse, and I argue that this makes the experience for a rusher very unpleasant.

Its strange for me to say that the change to cubecraft that I was most excited about was the recent server bandwidth and RAM upgrade, and not any of the new maps, features, and gamemodes. I think this server could still largely benefit from a better infrastructure. I hope the staff that read this can take my criticisms into consideration, as it is something I believe all staff should do upon releasing of a new feature on the server that is equally subject to support and disliking of the general populace (although, I should mention, lag is an objectively undesirable quality for any server to have).

Last edited by a moderator:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom