Introducing the Translator rank!

Discussion in 'News' started by Elenahh, May 5, 2020.

1. Blocky

Blocky Cam/Warz Content Director
    Staff Member Designer

blocky12
    Designer
    PLUS
    Can we get rid of the translator team then? We don't need it, Google translate can do the job

Meiske, Shallidor, Zuvi and 5 others like this.
  2. Anwar ENE

Anwar ENE Member

Anwar_GG
    Obsidian
    Epic idea, hopefully this idea helps players to be able to understand each other :D. I'm really exciting to see this new rank in games

hexxomc and Elenahh like this.
  3. TheZigbot9000

TheZigbot9000 Member

TheZigbot9000
    Obsidian
    I don’t understand why there is so much controversy around this rank. Perhaps @Elenahh didn’t explain all of the responsibilities of this role because there is so much more this rank will be responsible for than just answering questions and translating maybe a few sentences a week basically getting a free rank. That is so far from the truth.

Only *dedicated* members will get this rank, players who are willing to put in the time and effort and fluent language skills to the test. It’s not like you can learn a new language overnight and boom you’re good enough to be a Translator. With this rank you’ll be working with the more unfamiliar parts and dialects of a certain language requiring you to be fluent enough to translate effectively.

With the addition of this rank it’ll split the responsibilities shared by the staff team. Now there’s a team dedicated to only translations something CubeCraft has definitely been lacking. Do keep in mind that Helpers and Moderators are NOT “required” to speak a second language and as an Ex Moderator I kinda felt ashamed and discouraged that I never could speak a different language other than English. Leaving so many questions from a different language thrown at me left unanswered.

I think we should stick around and see what happens. Who knows what all we could achieve with a team like this. Fully dedicated, pure hearted, players that will work hard to make sure people all around the world feels comfortable here at CubeCraft. We’ll become better than Google Translate with this kind of team.

I see this as an Absolute Win!

4. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Uhmm, and what is this? I only said they shouldn't have access to /nick, rank and infinite friend slots. Obsidian rank + Plus isn't impossible, I never said is unnecessary.

5. Blocky

Blocky Cam/Warz Content Director
    Staff Member Designer

blocky12
    Designer
    PLUS
    This thread is about translators, i ask for a translator to translate something (might be sarcasm, you never know) because it's in a language i don't understand and you literally tell me to use Google translate. Why not use Google translate for every translation Cubecraft related then?

6. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Haha you're so funny, to be honest I detected your sarcasm and I don't mind xD, yes, of course, without translators we would not do anything, they're one of the most important pillars of cube (including designers {like you}, moderators, helpers, admins and of course developers). I reiterate, I've never said the opposite :p

PD: Ask for a translator if you want *sarcasm/no sarcasm, you'll never know* xD

7. ShapelessArchery

ShapelessArchery Member

Shapelessed
    Lapiz
    People with a translator rank will be obviously the most trusted ones. Helpers might not have as much "preks" as you called it because it's the first step for them to become moderators. That's why. Being a helper is a test for you to prove you're on the right place. Translators who'll get that rank have already proven they're worthy the reward.

To be honest, I don't care about the rank, it means nothing besides being a translator, which I already am. Having a red nick only proves you're dedicated to the comunity. Accusing somebody of being selfish, because that's how it sounds, is also nothing I care about. It's already enough for me to know many amazing staff members and helping them make the server better. Proofreading many amazing, and sometimes pathetic translations is a thing I do because I love helping those people.

8. Fesa

Fesa Member

Fesa
    Diamond
    Looking forward to seeing more colors in tab and chat!

Elenahh likes this.
  9. Nour :D

Nour :D Member

Nqouir
    Gold
    What a cool Idea! Nicee.

Elenahh likes this.
  10. Sergiio12

Sergiio12 Member

BenderPlays
    Diamond
    Not exactly, being a helper is a preparation before being a mod, isn't just a test.

11. Keanu

Keanu the person below me smells
    Staff Member Moderator Translator

Keanutjuhh
    Mod
    PLUS
    THANKS

Elenahh likes this.
  12. Nikoshka

Nikoshka Member

Nikoshka
    Diamond
    To be honest, the fact that the moderators didn't know about this change before it was introduced to the community kind of gives me the hint that communication within the staff team hasn't improved since I left. I'm quite disappointed.

From what I can tell, quite a few community members share the same opinion as me: Yes, the translators should be rewarded with a plus rank / obsidian rank, however, a translator rank is just pointless.

Smoothlyy, BeSleepy, Mivkeee and 9 others like this.
  13. Wauterrr

Wauterrr Member

Wauterrr
    Diamond
    Dropping a big bomb

14. TyTy2017

TyTy2017 Member

Very interesting and great addition! I think it's just another great addition to promote inclusion!

Elenahh likes this.
  15. Deeds

Deeds Member

Deedselele
    Emerald
    YO SOY CONTENTO. YO SOY EL RANKO DE TRANSLATO.

16. ShapelessArchery

ShapelessArchery Member

Shapelessed
    Lapiz
    Isn't that what I just said?

17. ShapelessArchery

ShapelessArchery Member

Shapelessed
    Lapiz
    As I said to many other people... Not every translator will be rewarded with the rank. Only the most of the most dedicated team members will get rewarded...
    Also this information was a surprise, and thus the staff team didn't really know about it.

18. SCP-079

SCP-079 Member

Catty__Cat
  19. Zaphly

Zaphly Member

Zaphly
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Awesome update! Wow!

Elenahh likes this.
  20. Mandieeee

Mandieeee Member