Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Introduction
Hey, I got this idea that Cubecraft should introduce a public roadmap. When Cubecraft revamped how suggestions are handled, they said they wanted to be more transparent with the community and a public roadmap would be perfect for that!

What is a public roadmap?
A public roadmap is a list of upcoming features, that Cubecraft is willing to share with us. It would have many different sections, such as coming soon, in progress and planned! Although it would be quite vague and wouldn't give many details, as details are always changing.

Planned suggestions would also go on the public roadmap. As the roadmap would be an overview, of everything Cubecraft is planning (exept for what they want to keep secret of course😉).

The roadmap would be split in to Java, Bedrock and with features for both appearing in all networks. This would generate a lot of hype in the community, and would allow people to give feedback on the features, for their planned release! The roadmap would also be on Cubecraft.net and not on a different website.

Overview
So what do people think about this suggestion, if you agree use the agree✅ reaction, if you disagree use the disagree❌ reaction! If this suggestion hits 25 agrees✅, it will get forwarded✨.

Last edited:

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I'm not sure if Cubecraft is willing to make something like this. But it will sure help with the hype, and I would love to see what Cubecraft has planned for us. So I agreed, and I hope this gets forwarded!

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not sure if Cubecraft is willing to make something like this. But it will sure help with the hype, and I would love to see what Cubecraft has planned for us. So I agreed, and I hope this gets forwarded!
Yeah, it would really get the community exited about the upcoming updates.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
This has been discussed before, even in one of my old complaint threads and other theirs. But this is simply not possible. Making these lists is growing hope for players, while that is sometimes unfair. Sometimes things aren’t even certain up until release, since features need endlessly tweaking or because it is just so hard to implement at that time, that the product team has to leave the idea for another day or time (or just never implement it since it is impossible). Also when creating hope, a lot of people will be disappointed. Priorities in the product team constantly switch, so your idea can take months, if not a year, to be implemented. I think that creating these lists are not fair towards the community as it will only end up in disappointment.
Also ps: you can select only planned prefixes on the suggestions subforum to look at so there’s your oversight.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This has been discussed before, even in one of my old complaint threads and other theirs. But this is simply not possible. Making these lists is growing hope for players, while that is sometimes unfair. Sometimes things aren’t even certain up until release, since features need endlessly tweaking or because it is just so hard to implement at that time, that the product team has to leave the idea for another day or time (or just never implement it since it is impossible). Also when creating hope, a lot of people will be disappointed. Priorities in the product team constantly switch, so your idea can take months, if not a year, to be implemented. I think that creating these lists are not fair towards the community as it will only end up in disappointment.
Also ps: you can select only planned prefixes on the suggestions subforum to look at so there’s your oversight.
This roadmap would have a coming next category, that things could be moved to when the product team is certain. Also the roadmap would be quite vague and also there would be disclaimers that not everything is final, as to avoid disappointment.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
You can kind of do something similar to see what's planned/forwarded, etc. by using filters under the suggestions subforum:
1619522647222.png

Not quite the same but at least it's something

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
You can kind of do something similar to see what's planned/forwarded, etc. by using filters under the suggestions subforum:
View attachment 192163
Not quite the same but at least it's something
But that only shows suggestions that come from the community, not suggestions that come from the team themselves. It also doesn't have the complexity of the public roadmap.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
does only staff get access to animated profile pictures?
groove_ wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
UncleSuSpect
Top Bottom