Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which system do you believe is better?

• The current spawn invincibility system.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No invincibility at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shortened amount of invincibility time.

• Fighting takes away invincibility.

• Invincibility zone.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Many people dislike the spawn invincibility in eggwars. Those who like to rush on smaller maps especially feel the pain when someone can respawn and punch you right off the edge without you being able to fight back. Worse, on smaller maps, enemies on adjacent islands can come to your island, get killed, and then come back to your island and fight you with a few seconds of their invincibility still left. I have lost to people doing that, and it is certainly not pleasant.

Some have suggested that we shorten the time of the invincibility, others have suggested that we remove it altogether. However, the spawn invincibility is a necessary part of the game, as it prevent spawn camping, especially on team gamemodes, where one teammate can repeatedly kill their enemies while they respawn, and the other teammate goes to kill the egg.

So, to find a solution, we have to take a look at the purpose of spawn invincibility and find a way to modify it so that it cannot be used unfairly.

I believe that the reason for spawn invincibility is as follows: the players who just respawned should have some time to, for example, buy gear, or escape, before they can be killed again.

One method that I have thought of is that a player would have the normal amount of spawn invincibility, maybe even longer, but as soon as they hit an enemy, if they still have more than 1 second of invincibility remaining, the invincibility duration decreased to 1 second. This still gives some chances to defend your island, but it prevents abuse. On 1.8, this could be lowered to 0.5 seconds, as pvp on 1.8 is much faster, and a player with even a gold pickaxe, for example, would be able to deal significant damage in a short amount of time, if they could not be hit themselves.

Another possibility, definitely harder to code and requires some customization for each map, is a invincibility zone. When a player spawns, they have an area in which they can move in without their invincibility being removed (the time limit still exists). Upon leaving the area, the player loses the invincibility until they die again. The zone should be a circular area positioned between the egg, the spawnpoint, and the shop, just big enough so that it includes all 3, and not the entire island. On smaller maps, it may be adjusted to just be a few blocks near the spawnpoint. Upon leaving the area or running out of invincibility time, the player should be notified of that. Just so that the invincibility zone is known to the player, there will be client-side particles indicating the boundaries of the zone. Those particles only appear for a player after they respawned and while they still have invincibility.

Both of these methods prevent some of the biggest issues with spawn invincibility. They especially prevent players going to another player's island while still having the invincibility and killing another player while they cannot be harmed. I have also seen hackers fly across the map to kill their enemies while they are invincible, and that is not fun either. An example of that is shown below (the video is by NEO_K4T4N4, the top solo eggwars winner):

Note that this can be done even without hacks if the islands are close enough. If the player had been better at pvp, one or more enemies could have been hit off, or he could have taken the enemy egg while the opposing team could do nothing to stop them.

Reactions: CommandantSlime
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
JokeKaedee wrote on HyperPal's profile.
AYYy you managed to get in ahhaha
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom