Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

FunnyLucky

Feb 21, 2020
Before playing Skyblock, I played on CubeCraft, and versions above 1.8 for that matter, for around an hour, so my expectations were set rather low. But after playing for ~2 hours, I'm pleasantly suprised by how actually enjoyable collecting different kinds of resources is.
So here's my nice and ugly list of things I encountered:
The nice
1) The gradual rollout of the shop. You can't buy items that are unaccessible on your current quest line, meaning the progression is quite linear. Although some might not like it, I believe it makes the Skyblock experience way more natural.
2) You barely spend time in the hub. It doesn't make sense to call a game 'Skyblock' when most of it is just grinding for marginally better items. Although, considering there's not that much content at the time of writing, this could change, but please don't.
3) The crop/generator system. Love it. Never before was I so happy obtaining a new tree sapling. Thank you for making me feel emotions I have never felt before.
The ugleey
1) It's hard to begin playing. Took me some solid time to understand what things the villager does. I'd combat this issue by not spawning the Skyblock Menu in your hotbar and not showing the Buy/Sell buttons until you clear the first quests.
2) The starter quests aren't that fun. The 3 types of quests I've seen are: Gather this, Craft this, Enchant this. Even if there are solid quests down the line, I hope there will be more variety for those who are not sure if they want to continue after the first session.
3) No way to store cash. Every time I run the gap between islands I have the anxiety of falling and losing coins. Granted, it's only 10%, but I would love to put my cash money in some secure place.
That's all I could come up with.
Oh! And a suggestion! Please allow me to break growing crops without having the open their menu and clicking Remove Plant. When harvesting, this menu appearing 10 times is very annoying!!
Thank you for reading!!

iSniper27

Novice Member
Jun 21, 2018
https://Youtube.com/iSniper
Nice:
2) The hub is going to be more useful in the future, because there are coming end and nether portals which (i think) you cant create yourself.

Ugleey(???):
2) there isn't but that's the grinding part of skyblock

I totally agree with the rest

Reactions: Dokter

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
1) The gradual rollout of the shop. You can't buy items that are unaccessible on your current quest line, meaning the progression is quite linear. Although some might not like it, I believe it makes the Skyblock experience way more natural.

Or just full access to a complete shop, but items you buy from the shop don't progress your quests. Much like you can't just drop the some log over and over to get 500 jungle logs.

2) You barely spend time in the hub. It doesn't make sense to call a game 'Skyblock' when most of it is just grinding for marginally better items. Although, considering there's not that much content at the time of writing, this could change, but please don't.

I actually would like to see more content in the hub. Could be some community farming spots, fighting pots, a trading market, etc There is a lot of grinding and thus a lot of waiting, having (community) content int he Skyblock hub would be great.

2) The starter quests aren't that fun. The 3 types of quests I've seen are: Gather this, Craft this, Enchant this. Even if there are solid quests down the line, I hope there will be more variety for those who are not sure if they want to continue after the first session.

Any ideas? The quests indeed aren't much beyond grind this or that item, but I wouldn't personally know what interesting other things they could do with quests on the player island themselves.

3) No way to store cash. Every time I run the gap between islands I have the anxiety of falling and losing coins. Granted, it's only 10%, but I would love to put my cash money in some secure place.

It's a must if you ask me, but right now I will just make sure I either keep my money low or don't die ;)

FunnyLucky

Feb 21, 2020
I actually would like to see more content in the hub. Could be some community farming spots, fighting pots, a trading market, etc There is a lot of grinding and thus a lot of waiting, having (community) content int he Skyblock hub would be great.
I was mainly comparing to the Hypixel's take on Skyblock, where you spend an unhealthy amount of time on public islands. Having community events though sounds very fun!

Dokter

Dec 8, 2019
The Netherlands
I disagree with the starter quests aren’t that fun, I mean it’s not fun but at that point there isn’t a lot to do besides cutting down trees and getting beetroots and cobblestone (what bothered me the most was that I already made a crafting table for example and then I had to make another one for a quest). I partly agree with the storing coins, because storing coins would save you from losing them I think a “bank” should also have a negative side effect, for example when you deposit your money to the bank it automatically takes a 5% cut. I’m sure there are better solutions to this but it was just an idea. I agree with the other ones :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom