Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Hey, I noticed that a lot of the time in Infection if a player gets infected they leave instantly. I have a solution:

If a player is infected and leaves within the 3 seconds of respawn they will be punished. Now, for what the "punishment" should be I was thinking they could get a message explaining that they still have a big chance of winning the game.
Not exactly a punishment more like a tip.

Now I know people will say, "Oh, what if they have connection problems!?"
That's an issue but the chance that someone gets infected THEN leaves instantly because of a connection issue is very unlikely.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilleh__

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I don't think they should get punished because they left. What happens if they genuinely have to leave?

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Why should someone be punished if they leave a game when they don't want to play it anymore?
The infected usually never really have the disadvantage since every survivor kill results in a new infected.
I don't see why we should punish them for leaving.
I see your point but if infected are AFK..

Their choice if they leave

@hgbf
add this to the list :D
List of?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Why should someone be punished if they leave a game when they don't want to play it anymore?
The infected usually never really have the disadvantage since every survivor kill results in a new infected.
I don't see why we should punish them for leaving.
To incentivise players to stay in the game so it is more fun for others. I generally don't see a problem with that. It would only be an in-game punishment, not something like a full network ban.
One way to deal with people leaving would be to remove the /leave command from running games. People could still log out and back in if they really need to join a different game for some reason. I don't think leaving a running game should be something normal. In games that have voting options, the voting should be moved to the pre-game lobby allowing players to leave before the game starts.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hey, I noticed that a lot of the time in Infection if a player gets infected they leave instantly. I have a solution:

If a player is infected and leaves within the 3 seconds of respawn they will be punished. Now, for what the "punishment" should be I was thinking they could get a message explaining that they still have a big chance of winning the game.
Not exactly a punishment more like a tip.

Now I know people will say, "Oh, what if they have connection problems!?"
That's an issue but the chance that someone gets infected THEN leaves instantly because of a connection issue is very unlikely.

Yes I understand it happens to me but to make it better is if infected leaves in less than a 1 min 3 seconds its not that much and the punishment should maybe be something more serious maybe -50 points I don't know this is just my opinion. Thanks! :) :) :P :P

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
You do have a point, but as its a minigame, there are players who think that if you die once, you are eliminated from the game.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
To incentivise players to stay in the game so it is more fun for others. I generally don't see a problem with that. It would only be an in-game punishment, not something like a full network ban.
One way to deal with people leaving would be to remove the /leave command from running games. People could still log out and back in if they really need to join a different game for some reason. I don't think leaving a running game should be something normal. In games that have voting options, the voting should be moved to the pre-game lobby allowing players to leave before the game starts.

But what if Combat Logging after 10 seconds of dieing...

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Sorry but I have to disagree, I am sure they do not feel like playing as the infected and they leave because they love being a survivor. I like being an infected so I kill my self at the start of the game if I am not :). Not sure if a message will do anything. Good luck though and have a wonderful day :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
If a player is infected and leaves within the 3 seconds of respawn they will be punished
I'll be sure to leave four seconds after being infected from now on ;)

The reason so many infected players leave right away, is because it's in their best interest to do so. Too many players hide either underground or in the sky, or are so good at avoiding other players in general that the game becomes unwinnable before it's even started. May as well just save yourself five minutes of wasted time by leaving :p

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I'll be sure to leave four seconds after being infected from now on ;)

The reason so many infected players leave right away, is because it's in their best interest to do so. Too many players hide either underground or in the sky, or are so good at avoiding other players in general that the game becomes unwinnable before it's even started. May as well just save yourself five minutes of wasted time by leaving :p
That's why the Human Finder buff exists. And the enderman kit.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
Top Bottom