Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Some time ago Cube organised quite a lot of giveaways. Most of them were won by people that weren't active at all in the discord server, and people were unhappy about this. A lot of ways to fix this have been suggested such as only allowing linked people or people with a minimum amount of messages to join. Now for all these suggestions there were some weak points, so I came up with my own solution.

When you organise a giveaway don't tag @Everyone. Instead just post the message in the announcements channel. Like this only people that are actually active and look in the discord server see that there's a new announcement and will join the giveaway. You'd get rid of all the people that just look in there for once because they got a tag and therefore join the giveaway.

Bai! 👋

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I totally understand where you’re coming from, but I think most of the people in the discord server do play on CubeCraft or are active on the forums, they deserve a chance to win as well. These people who aren’t active in the discord server, but are active on another piece of the server should have the same chance of winning. It is possible that people have won a giveaway while they aren’t active in the discord, but maybe they are active somewhere else instead.

I think that pinging people for a giveaway could trigger them to send some messages in the server or become a bit more active, because of the giveaways. Which is absolutely something good and I think it doesn’t make sense to host giveaways without a chance of more people joining/becoming active in the discord server

I think you can say the same for giveaways on CubeCrafts instagram and twitter, where not everyone who participates are active users who see all stories and posts. They can participate too.

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Most of them were won by people that weren't active at all in the discord server, and people were unhappy about this.
I get where you are coming from, but there are almost 30.000 members on the discord server, and the majority of active members you see frequently in the channels is really low.

When you organise a giveaway don't tag @Everyone. Instead just post the message in the announcements channel. Like this only people that are actually active and look in the discord server see that there's a new announcement and will join the giveaway. You'd get rid of all the people that just look in there for once because they got a tag and therefore join the giveaway.
I highly doubt that only 'active' people will look in the announcement channel. As I said before, there are almost 30.000 members and there will always be a bunch of people just lurking and not actually participating in any of the conversations.

I'm gonna have to vote no since I don't think this is really necessary. Giveaways are luck after all, whether it's with 10.000 inactive members or with 1.000 active members.

Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Hi! I totally understand where you’re coming from, but I think most of the people in the discord server do play on CubeCraft or are active on the forums, they deserve a chance to win as well. These people who aren’t active in the discord server, but are active on another piece of the server should have the same chance of winning. It is possible that people have won a giveaway while they aren’t active in the discord, but maybe they are active on somewhere else instead.

I think that pinging people for a giveaway could trigger them to send some messages in the server or become a bit more active, because of the giveaways. Which is absolutely something good and I think it doesn’t make sense to host giveaways without a chance of more people joining/becoming active in the discord server

I think you can say the same for giveaways on CubeCrafts instagram and twitter, where not everyone who participates are active users who see all stories and posts. They can participate too.
Indeed they might be active on another platform, but there's just as much chance that they aren't and are just in the discord cuz they used to be active.
I get where you are coming from, but there are almost 30.000 members on the discord server, and the majority of active members you see frequently in the channels is really low.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-only-linked-people-be-able-to-enter-giveaways.273666/ you complained about inactive people winning yourself here?
I highly doubt that only 'active' people will look in the announcement channel. As I said before, there are almost 30.000 members and there will always be a bunch of people just lurking and not actually participating in any of the conversations.

I'm gonna have to vote no since I don't think this is really necessary. Giveaways are luck after all, whether it's with 10.000 inactive members or with 1.000 active members.
Not only active people, but people that at least look in the discord server sometimes and don't just get a tag and therefore see there's a giveaway and normally would never look at the discord.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
If you're in the discord server it's definitely because you play CubeCraft and are therefore part of the community and deserve a chance to win the giveaway. This happens with any type of giveaway, for example youtubers, I'm sure many people join youtuber giveaways without actually watching them or liking their content. It's just part of how it goes, but limiting people from participating just sounds unfair, and it's kinda selfish of the "active discord community" to want to keep all rewards to themselves when all users in our Discord server are as part of CubeCraft as anyone else 😛 - let us not forget CubeCraft is bigger than the Discord server!

Plus giveaways are a useful tool to increase community engagement, and growing the discord server, so excluding people from participating and being unwelcoming of new people just completely beats that purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Typicaaal

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
If you're in the discord server it's definitely because you play CubeCraft and are therefore part of the community and deserve a chance to win the giveaway. This happens with any type of giveaway, for example youtubers, I'm sure many people join youtuber giveaways without actually watching them or liking their content. It's just part of how it goes, but limiting people from participating just sounds unfair, and it's kinda selfish of the "active discord community" to want to keep all rewards to themselves when all users in our Discord server are as part of CubeCraft as anyone else 😛
I would say for what Eli said said is mostly true but YouTubers in discord servers when doing a giveaway restrictions are usually added like what level you are in the server. If they don't follow that the giveaway would be rerolled. But it is different for every server.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom