Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
S

SmokingIsbadMkay

Look, I know the staff tries their hardest to take care of all rulebreakers and I'm really thankful for that. But I literally can't play a Skywars solo game without being killed by either a hacker or a team. I always try to report them but I sometimes feel like this is not that useful. I mean, the people get taken care of at some point but until then they can just continue ruining everyone's Cubecraft experience.

Even though there would be a lot of reports coming in and there would have to be an advanced system to prevent spam I think it would be handy to have a /report command or something that works in the same way. Maybe even make it so only one player can report a specific player in every match, if the player has already been reported by someone else the reporter will be notified and the report will not be submitted.

If the /report command would be added back more moderators would of course be needed to review these reports. Cubecraft is a huge server but I pretty much never see staff on. There is of course a big chance they are vanished but still, some more moderators wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.

Reactions: DanielSch
S

SmokingIsbadMkay

well if there was a /report command some players will spam the command with people that don't hack
Thats why I said there should be "an advanced system" that can detect spam. For example a cooldown and other checks. People should also be punished for abusing the command. Cubecraft has a big team of great developers, I'm sure they are able to make a spam safe /report system.

prince3lawii

Jul 16, 2016
UnderDaSea
Thats why I said there should be "an advanced system" that can detect spam. For example a cooldown and other checks. People should also be punished for abusing the command. Cubecraft has a big team of great developers, I'm sure they are able to make a spam safe /report system.
or cube should get a better anti cheat system!

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
/report was implemented a long time ago apparently. It was abused then and still could be abused now. I've gone days where every single game I play I'm called a hacker so I would be getting reports by the dozens everyday on me. Also with no evidence that they were really hacking the /report command would be useless as staff members will only ban with evidence. Honestly I think /report should be added and all it does is give the player the reports.cubecraft.net link

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
If you are adding /report ig people will spam it /make false reports with it and the system that wehave now is better because you need to logg in and etc

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
A new anti-cheat will hopefully decrease the amount of hackers. This anti-cheat is being worked on and who knows what it will include. Whilst I doubt a '/report' command will be added, we, the players, don't know anything about the features this anti-cheat will have.

If there would be a '/report' command, there would obviously have to be an advanced anti-spam system as well. If you have any suggestions about how this could be realised, don't hesitate to share them. :rolleyes:

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
The thing with these /report commands is that every server needs to be upgraded just so 2 extra people can join. Plus the mods don't really wanna watch people ingame in a spammed /report command which is likely to be abused anyway.

S

SmokingIsbadMkay

A new anti-cheat will hopefully decrease the amount of hackers. This anti-cheat is being worked on and who knows what it will include. Whilst I doubt a '/report' command will be added, we, the players, don't know anything about the features this anti-cheat will have.

If there would be a '/report' command, there would obviously have to be an advanced anti-spam system as well. If you have any suggestions about how this could be realised, don't hesitate to share them. :rolleyes:
I have a few suggestion to prevent spam:
- Cooldown, a player should only be able to use /report every x minutes.
- The system should only allow a player to be reported once x time. So if someone reports the player he can not be reported anymore until a specific amount of time has passed.
- The reason would need to be x characters long meaning players need to put efford in the report. People who want to make reports for no reason will probably not do so if it costs time.

Reactions: Buuuddy

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
They are already working on that. But /report would improve the moderation even more I think.
No its not even useful since except for the PVP server or lobbies staff cant join them due to being seerate servers

Also reports eventually will get gotten to they have the system on their end to be organized from the oldest first,

A new anticheat is coming soon thankfully

Also the system is set up that when a player is banned they dont get kicked, essentially if the hacker never leaves the server or gets kicked the ban has no effect, but once he does log out he cant get back in

I have a few suggestion to prevent spam:
- Cooldown, a player should only be able to use /report every x minutes.
- The system should only allow a player to be reported once x time. So if someone reports the player he can not be reported anymore until a specific amount of time has passed.
- The reason would need to be x characters long meaning players need to put efford in the report. People who want to make reports for no reason will probably not do so if it costs time.
Wont work theres still the weak point of false accusations, i dont think staff want to get on only to be getting 50 million reports only to find its just a pro pvper or lag or whatevs as i said above, staff cant join games. Anyway

S

SmokingIsbadMkay

The thing with these /report commands is that every server needs to be upgraded just so 2 extra people can join. Plus the mods don't really wanna watch people ingame in a spammed /report command which is likely to be abused anyway.
Again, thats why I said there needs to be an advanced anti spam form the command. Do people just post commets without reading my post? :confused1:

S

SmokingIsbadMkay

No its not even useful since except for the PVP server or lobbies staff cant join them due to being seerate servers

Also reports eventually will get gotten to they have the system on their end to be organized from the oldest first,

A new anticheat is coming soon thankfully

Also the system is set up that when a player is banned they dont get kicked, essentially if the hacker never leaves the server or gets kicked the ban has no effect, but once he does log out he cant get back in
Reports would be auto-deleted after a few hours if not reviewed and there would be a command like /spectate which mods can use to enter vanish-mode, go to the report players server, and teleport to them.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Reports would be auto-deleted after a few hours if not reviewed and there would be a command like /spectate which mods can use to enter vanish-mode, go to the report players server, and teleport to them.
Thats not possible currently staff have no way of even getting to the player because every game is unique this is nothing like minplex where you can join a lobby to spectate a game in progress

And yes im saying that simply because this server is set up different than most staff can not just do /tp or /spectate

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
Again, thats why I said there needs to be an advanced anti spam form the command. Do people just post commets without reading my post? :confused1:
No. Read what more I said. Every server has to be upgraded for 2 more player slots. That's about 3000 servers that need to be upgraded. That would have an insane impact on the performance.
Other than that:
-Cooldowns were already there.
-You had to put a reason for why you reported him.
-People still false reported people.
-(I already said this in my reply but I'll say it again)Mods don't want to join games to ban hackers, atleast from what I've heard. It would also be near to impossible to spectate everyone that gets reported.

TLDR: /report works on small servers, not big ones.

Also:
If the /report command would be added back more moderators would of course be needed to review these reports. Cubecraft is a huge server but I pretty much never see staff on. There is of course a big chance they are vanished but still, some more moderators wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.
Mods are either in vanish because they don't want to get focussed, or just want to read over chat without people being so nice because of them.
Also, Helper applications are currently open, link to that: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-2017-open.139999/
I've got some staff members in my friendlist, 6 or so, and it rarely happens that none are online. They also have lives and family outside of Cubecraft.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
No. Read what more I said. Every server has to be upgraded for 2 more player slots. That's about 3000 servers that need to be upgraded. That would have an insane impact on the performance.
Other than that:
-Cooldowns were already there.
-You had to put a reason for why you reported him.
-People still false reported people.
-(I already said this in my reply but I'll say it again)Mods don't want to join games to ban hackers, atleast from what I've heard. It would also be near to impossible to spectate everyone that gets reported.

TLDR: /report works on small servers, not big ones.
And insane impact on their bank account developing everything costs alot

Reactions: telegamer
S

SmokingIsbadMkay

Thats not possible currently staff have no way of even getting to the player because every game is unique this is nothing like minplex where you can join a lobby to spectate a game in progress

And yes im saying that simply because this server is set up different than most staff can not just do /tp or /spectate
I know Cubecraft is a network of servers, I have experience with that lol. However if they create the command on the Proxy server they can get which server the player is on and move them to it.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rocks1 wrote on Ivaann's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on Ivaann's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on _DrStrange_'s profile.
Happy Birthday I hope you have an awesome day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ivaann's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom