Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 469419

Hello everyone, today I was asking a question, especially all CubeCraft Developers, because I'm impressed by how well they develop, especially (rubik_cube_man) I've been looking at their profile and such, and the spigot and according to the records ... etc Rubik started developing with 14-15 years! WoW! I would like to know how you learned it or what kind of classes you gave ...etc

@rubik_cube_man
@GingerGeek

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Btw, developers don't tend to be too active on the forums so if you want to contact them, it's recommended you do so elsewhere.

Reactions: God.

inazumark

Sep 12, 2015
Netherlands
I would like to know how you learned it

A great way to start is to watch a YouTube video about (Minecraft Plugin or Mods) coding and just try to follow a tutorial. DO NOT stop if something doesn't work, find a solution yourself or try to find it online. If you manage to 'fix a problem in the code', then I am almost certain that you can learn a lot, just from following online (YouTube) tutorials.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
A great way to start is to watch a YouTube video about (Minecraft Plugin or Mods) coding and just try to follow a tutorial. DO NOT stop if something doesn't work, find a solution yourself or try to find it online. If you manage to 'fix a problem in the code', then I am almost certain that you can learn a lot, just from following online (YouTube) tutorials.
No. Learn Java using a proper course (eg https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-java/ , https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/index.html , https://www.learnjavaonline.org/ ) or by reading a proper book (eg https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Java-W...ds=learn+java&qid=1560186422&s=gateway&sr=8-1 ). Olny then, when you've a deep knowledge in Java, start making plugins, which should be easy to get into using Spigot Docs.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Actually just working with trying things as you go along helps you remember things much better than just reading courses. Most people don't hall the will to go through those long boring things

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Actually just working with trying things as you go along helps you remember things much better than just reading courses. Most people don't hall the will to go through those long boring things
Actually, starting from scratch with a spigot YouTube tutorial is a bad idea. Programming is the same as maths, you must memorise some things, but you need to reason everything else.

Reactions: Max ♠

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
The only thing you learn from those crappy tutorials is how to copy someones code. If you have experience with other languages similair-ish to java starting with these tutorials might work for you (though if you already know a decent language you'd likely know you shouldnt start with making a plugin to learn the language), but if you're just starting out with programming, you won't be able to organize your code, you'll forget what your code does a million times, you won't know how to do simple stuff like loops etc properly.

Its like learning advanced Russian grammar, without knowing Russian

Actually, starting from scratch with a spigot YouTube tutorial is a bad idea. Programming is the same as maths, you must memorise some things, but you need to reason everything else.
Code:
<plugin>
    <minigame type="skywars">
        <ol>
            <li type="player">
            <li type="player">
            <li type="player">
            <li type="player">
        </ol>
    </minigame>
</plugin>

Reactions: DrHam

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
The only thing you learn from those crappy tutorials is how to copy someones code. If you have experience with other languages similair-ish to java starting with these tutorials might work for you (though if you already know a decent language you'd likely know you shouldnt start with making a plugin to learn the language), but if you're just starting out with programming, you won't be able to organize your code, you'll forget what your code does a million times, you won't know how to do simple stuff like loops etc properly.

Its like learning advanced Russian grammar, without knowing Russian

That's why many school start off by teaching their students languages like python because it reads much like English. In that language it's a lot easier to just mess around and learn with some goal in mind. Obviously this wouldn't work so well on java as that is notoriously confusing but once you learn those other languages first, you have a baseline understanding.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom