Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hello,
First of all, I would recommend you to practice your pvp on duels, FFA or any related game. Keep in mind that pvp plays a role in Skywars.
If you're not that good at pvp, and you don't want to practice it in other games, you can always use different strategies in order to kill other players. For example, you can void them, block their attacks with blocks, etc....
Try to outrun whenever you're low, and don't try to fight one player after you pvped with another one.

I hope this helps :)

Reactions: NightFury919

Muffin

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2014
The Barn
Something I found that helps is having key bindings for specific items, i.e., one binding for your building blocks, and another for your sword. That way you don't have to be fiddling around with your belt trying to find where stuff is. (I put my swords on R and my blocks on Q + a wildcard slot on X.) You can play around with bindings to see what fits your playstyle but that's what helped me a lot at least.
@HackersDontWin gives some pretty good tips regarding Skywars when he streams on the weekends, I'd give him a watch if you ever find the time! Good luck!

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I'm assuming you play 1.8. If you don't, give it a try, as it is nowhere near as difficult to learn.

First of all pvp. I will go through some tactics.

1. Sprint reset. The first hit of every sprint knocks them really far back, so if you reset your sprint after each hit, they will be knocked further back. The best reset imo is block hitting (press right click very briefly after each hit, only works with a sword), but you could also try w tapping, shift tapping or s tapping. This is necessary to pull off any kinds of combos.
2. Rodding. I had struggle learning this and still am by no means the best, but before you try to hit someone with a weapon, hit them with a rod (or any projectile). This stops their sprint, meaning they can reach slightly less far, and also their attacks won't knock you back far. If you're lucky, it will also knock them into the air, meaning they may not even be able to hit you. This helps get you combos very reliably when you manage to pull it off correctly.
3. Strafing. To make it harder for your opponent to rod you and even hit you, use your A and D keys to move left and right. Usually a zigzag pattern is enough.

Now, I will go over some skywars specific tips.
1. Try to get to mid. This is my main tactic, as there are very powerful items there, even more so in OP items. If you need to kill anyone on the way, then do.
2. Don't pick fights with people who have more gear unless they are on low health. It's common sense really. If they are the only person left, trying to hit them into the void or surprise attacks may be the only way of killing them if they are much more geared.
3. Don't chase people, or try to get to people across islands. It's not that smart really, they will bow you off or hit you off when you get close. Chasing gives opportunities for people to see you and come to clean. Let them come to you.
4. Take most stuff. Things like lava, xp and lapis, enderpearls, all projectiles and even just blocks can be incredibly useful.

If you would like to party me, please do! My ign is TechnoBoop, you can join in 1.8 and just party me and I will try to help.

I'm assuming you play 1.8. If you don't, give it a try, as it is nowhere near as difficult to learn.

First of all pvp. I will go through some tactics.

1. Sprint reset. The first hit of every sprint knocks them really far back, so if you reset your sprint after each hit, they will be knocked further back. The best reset imo is block hitting (press right click very briefly after each hit, only works with a sword), but you could also try w tapping, shift tapping or s tapping. This is necessary to pull off any kinds of combos.
2. Rodding. I had struggle learning this and still am by no means the best, but before you try to hit someone with a weapon, hit them with a rod (or any projectile). This stops their sprint, meaning they can reach slightly less far, and also their attacks won't knock you back far. If you're lucky, it will also knock them into the air, meaning they may not even be able to hit you. This helps get you combos very reliably when you manage to pull it off correctly.
3. Strafing. To make it harder for your opponent to rod you and even hit you, use your A and D keys to move left and right. Usually a zigzag pattern is enough.

Now, I will go over some skywars specific tips.
1. Try to get to mid. This is my main tactic, as there are very powerful items there, even more so in OP items. If you need to kill anyone on the way, then do.
2. Don't pick fights with people who have more gear unless they are on low health. It's common sense really. If they are the only person left, trying to hit them into the void or surprise attacks may be the only way of killing them if they are much more geared.
3. Don't chase people, or try to get to people across islands. It's not that smart really, they will bow you off or hit you off when you get close. Chasing gives opportunities for people to see you and come to clean. Let them come to you.
4. Take most stuff. Things like lava, xp and lapis, enderpearls, all projectiles and even just blocks can be incredibly useful.

If you would like to party me, please do! My ign is TechnoBoop, you can join in 1.8 and just party me and I will try to help.
Yeah we have partied before remember? My ign is nightfury919 and urs was technobeatsdream

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

grimyfrightz

Sep 19, 2020
Everyone's submissions are fantstic!

I would recommend like our fellow Jiivan said to practice pvp it really is very very crucial to be decent at pvp.
In addition tho I learned that knowing how to push someone far away helps a lot, remember you are in floating islands. If you are low health attempt to angle and push someone off. It isn't as easy tho, I'm practicing that as well.

Speed Bridging in my opinion is very important, you're less likely to fall off or be thrown off. It Can give opponents a hard time to prepare for you, or it may also intimidate some new players ;)

Hope it helped!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!
AnolTongi wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Happy Birthday
Frontlane wrote on Basketman's profile.
Gefeliciteerd :)
Top Bottom