Should this be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Daphantom76

Sep 11, 2020
Alright, so I was playing assasins for a few weeks and I noticed a few prominent problems that need some balancing. Some of these problems are so bad, I've stopped playing due to players abusing some of the problems in this post.

Potions
-Remove/nerf instant damage potions. They cost way too cheap and negate most armor. Considering that they deal three hearts to someone in full diamond, 120 seems like a price way too low when an instant kill (negating all armor) costs 480 coins and 360 coins is enough to bring anyone down to one heart. What's worse about this is that there is no counterto it except dodging, which can be hard if caught off-gaurd. While nerfing the price seems like a good idea, as long as the potions are in the game there is always a chance for the most infuriating insta kill in the game, and that's not even mentioning pairing this with the invisibility pot, which is borderline game-breaking.

-Remove fire resistance pots. not much to say here, they are 100% useless. you can't buy anything to light someone in fire so idk why you would buy this potion other than to chill in the colloseum fire in the desert map.

Other general problems.

-have at least 2 servers up at a time. When on someone's bad side, it's way too easy for them to target you and spawn camp. This is due to a combonation of there usually only being one server up at a time as well as how small the map is.

-Add in more progression. Assassins is a lot longer than most cubecraft games, so it feels underwhelming when you spend hours grinding for something and end up dying and starting on square one. a possible solution is maybe adding in perks that you can unlock with points. some examples might be a perk where only half of your coins are lost on death, spawning with a diamond chestplate, permenent speed 1, or no fall damage.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
You brought up some very good points! I do say that the addressed issues are in fact true and the solutions listed sound great! Please add a poll so I can vote on this topic! :))

Reactions: MythicalGod909

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I have mixed feelings about this. I don’t play assassins as much as i used to, but it was always super hard to get any gear because of full diamond people killing you. Potions were an actually viable way to kill someone in full diamond if you still had iron armor. On the other hand, its really annoying to have full diamond, and be killed by some noob in leather armor who is spamming potions everywhere.

Overall, I think I will have to say no. Timing your potions to hit the other players, and not hit yourself does actually require a fair bit of skill, and i think that potions are pretty much ok the way they are.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
Hey, I don't feel like the harming potions are overpowered, they aren't used that much and in order to kill someone with 4 harming potions you need to direct hit 3 of them which is harder as it sounds. The fire resistance potions are indeed pretty useless they could be removed. About the servers I mostly see 2 servers online for assassination and if there is a bad player you can spawn on the other side of the map. I'm very against the things you suggested to add more progression. The game is about looting coins buying gear and free for all killing and not about getting full diamond and killing people. It's part of the game to lose everything you worked so hard for to begin from scratch. Spawning with a diamond chestplate would make it more about ffa and less about coins collecting since you already have a diamond chestplate. Permanent speed 1 would only be useful if you die so your first spawn is useless. Giving everyone speed 1 doesn't make the game faster you walk faster but so is everyone else in the game. And last the fall damage, the fall damage is almost nothing if you press shift when you fall that reduces the fall damage

MythicalGod909

Novice Member
May 27, 2020
Alright, so I was playing assasins for a few weeks and I noticed a few prominent problems that need some balancing. Some of these problems are so bad, I've stopped playing due to players abusing some of the problems in this post.

Potions
-Remove/nerf instant damage potions. They cost way too cheap and negate most armor. Considering that they deal three hearts to someone in full diamond, 120 seems like a price way too low when an instant kill (negating all armor) costs 480 coins and 360 coins is enough to bring anyone down to one heart. What's worse about this is that there is no counterto it except dodging, which can be hard if caught off-gaurd. While nerfing the price seems like a good idea, as long as the potions are in the game there is always a chance for the most infuriating insta kill in the game, and that's not even mentioning pairing this with the invisibility pot, which is borderline game-breaking.

-Remove fire resistance pots. not much to say here, they are 100% useless. you can't buy anything to light someone in fire so idk why you would buy this potion other than to chill in the colloseum fire in the desert map.

Other general problems.

-have at least 2 servers up at a time. When on someone's bad side, it's way too easy for them to target you and spawn camp. This is due to a combonation of there usually only being one server up at a time as well as how small the map is.

-Add in more progression. Assassins is a lot longer than most cubecraft games, so it feels underwhelming when you spend hours grinding for something and end up dying and starting on square one. a possible solution is maybe adding in perks that you can unlock with points. some examples might be a perk where only half of your coins are lost on death, spawning with a diamond chestplate, permenent speed 1, or no fall damage.
Good Idea, and sadly I don't know what assasins is so can't be emphatic with you. 🙁

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom