Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
Remember the Easter rpg or the Magic and Mayhem rpg in 2021 yes I fell old and now almost 2 years later we are getting events that can't even have a hunt for a certain item for example this lunar new year event (witch is a stretch to call it an event due to the lack of content) but that's besides the point.

Now these days I am no longer intrested in cubecraft events because they just aren't enganing and this lunar new year even just feels like a release of already existing maps from the last year and the year before and the year before. Pretty much as old as the server started doing those events and it was the same for the Cristmas event of 2022 no present just maps from last year and mabey a hub and a few more different blocks.

I am not hating on cubecraft events but these evens are just lazzy in my opinion and ik people will mention snowman survival but that gamemode is again a reskin of slime survival that has get removed on java.

In other worlds I just want cubecraf to DO BETTER because as much as I look like I am raising standards I am rather just saying that cubecraft can make good seasonal events but there just not and that is dissapointing.

Sorry for any typos or spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
Mostly agree. A few years ago I was very excited about the Christmas update: the candy canes Santa Claus and presents, but the winter update this year and last year was really too boring for words. No nice maps and all nice maps were gone and a meh hub

Reactions: GlowGamerKSA

pekd

No nice maps and all nice maps were gone and a meh hub
i wouldnt say so, many loved maps like yuki came back and the hub was fine i guess, its not that important anyways.

like legendaryfox alredy said, they are working on the 1.19 update instead of seasonal events which will release very soon and in the "trailer" you could see a hub with 4 portals (no current gamemode has 4 portals which means they will propably add a new gamemode) and a new eggwars hub (which propably means the next eggwars season will happen soon)

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
Ik cubecraft were and are working on the 1.19 update witch keeps there hands full but think again and realise that cubecraft still had the ability to work on things like rpgs durning idk THE ENTIRE DURATION OF 2022 not to sound harsh.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
i wouldnt say so, many loved maps like yuki came back and the hub was fine i guess, its not that important anyways.

like legendaryfox alredy said, they are working on the 1.19 update instead of seasonal events which will release very soon and in the "trailer" you could see a hub with 4 portals (no current gamemode has 4 portals which means they will propably add a new gamemode) and a new eggwars hub (which propably means the next eggwars season will happen soon)
Yuki is the same map as Temple... just without snow, thats not a new or returning map, it was always there

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
D

Deleted member 347571

1674515025912.png

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
We genuinely apologise that this is how it comes across.
However we haven't had the resources to devote to big seasonal updates recently as we're all working very hard towards our 1.19 release update.

Whenever we bring back a seasonal game, there's nearly always something in it which has become outdated or incompatible with the current systems we're using. So they always require a dev to update the game to current standards and bugfix. But as I said, every dev we have right now is busy converting all the games to be compatible with the 1.19 codebase and our new backend systems (Some games have been completely re-written from the ground up).
Even the lobby hunts require dev time and testing, and our builders are working insanely hard overhauling maps.

So, rather than do nothing for the seasonal events, we decided to bring back what we could from previous years. We would love to do more, however until 1.19 is done, that's all we're focusing on.

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
We genuinely apologise that this is how it comes across.
However we haven't had the resources to devote to big seasonal updates recently as we're all working very hard towards our 1.19 release update.

Whenever we bring back a seasonal game, there's nearly always something in it which has become outdated or incompatible with the current systems we're using. So they always require a dev to update the game to current standards and bugfix. But as I said, every dev we have right now is busy converting all the games to be compatible with the 1.19 codebase and our new backend systems (Some games have been completely re-written from the ground up).
Even the lobby hunts require dev time and testing, and our builders are working insanely hard overhauling maps.

So, rather than do nothing for the seasonal events, we decided to bring back what we could from previous years. We would love to do more, however until 1.19 is done, that's all we're focusing on.
Understandable have a great day.

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
I dont care tbh. After 6 years of hunts, it became a bit repetitive. i'm happy they added Snowman Survival and will wonder what Easter will bring this year
Probaly more easter maps from last year and some boring easter hub and it will be lucky if they even have ann egg junt witch they sould have since easter is partially about egg hunts.

Top Bottom