Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Recently people have been doing mass-mentions a lot on discord, and while I am active on discord and would love to receive updates on cubecraft, I really hate the spam.

I have a solution (which I'm sorry for that I was too lazy to post until now).

To solve the mass mention problems, I suggest the use of 4 discord bots, all of which I use on my own discord server, which help moderating duties greatly.

The first bot is named Salt (link: https://bots.discord.pw/bots/244533925408538624), and it helps do a lot of nice moderation things, including what is called a salt log. The log specifies a channel (which can be set to private and only visible to staff, just like any other channel), and logs all message edits and message deletions, as well as other useful information. When a mass mentioner deletes their message after a mass mention, it will be logged in the salt log, and the player can be caught and banned. This applies to any other chat offenses that the users can hide by deleting their message as well.
View attachment 141256
(the amount of commands available from any help category is more than I can show in one screenshot, but these are the categories of Salt's functions. Also note that the bot nicknamed "NaCl" is salt, I just have weird bot nicknames on my server xD)
View attachment 141258

Another bot, Vortex (link: https://bots.discord.pw/bots/240254129333731328) has a function that specifies a maximum number of unique non-bot mentions a user can send, and an anti-spam function, both customizable. This will almost completely stop the type of mention spam that is currently being done.

This bot is a very good moderation bot, and can be used to greatly reduce the number of mass mentions.

Another useful function of this bot is that certain roles can be specified to be ignored by the moderation, so staff can still mention as many people as they want, without being annoyed by the bot.

View attachment 141255

The 3rd bot I suggest is Mee6 (link: https://mee6.xyz/), which has a few useful moderation commands and some other features that the staff and members alike will find useful. It has a dashboard on its website through which the features can easily be manipulated.

The !clear command can clear a number of messages from either a certain user or a whole channel.
The !slowmode slows down chat to prevent spam.
There is a mute function, though I suggest using Vortex or Salt's mute feature.
There is a banned words feature, which is quite nice. It isn't as powerful as say, the anti-swear plugin on the cubecraft MC server, but still useful to have. The next bot I suggest has a more powerful profanity filter, but it is not as easy to customize.

On the left, you can probably see there are a lot more features, like chat levels and custom commands. These can be incorporated as staff members in charge wishes. There is even a music function, which is usually used with a music-only voice channel (everyone is voice muted in that channel except the bots) and a music commands text channel. It's quite fun.

View attachment 141257

The final bot I suggest is Utilibot (link: https://bots.discord.pw/bots/210800993380597760) Which has quite a powerful profanity filter.

The config is shown here, and can be modified in any channel by a moderator using the command !?edit <parameter> <value>

View attachment 141259

Of these bots, Vortex's features are the most important to our immediate issues, while the other bots all have usefull features as well. On a scale of 1 to 5 in terms of how much the discord server needs these bots, vortex would have a 5, salt would have a 4, and the other two bots would have a 3.

I suggest that these bots first be tested on a private testing discord server by a developer, to learn how to use them before they are added to the actual cubecraft discord, because it took me a little while to figure out how to use all the features of these bots.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
Top Bottom