Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Quite a few people I have duelled the last few weeks have been asking me to spend time with them in custom duels to teach them how to PvP/how to get really good at PvP, so I thought I may as well make a tutorial type video and just post it on the forums as it is much easier that way.
This video is for mainly people who are new to 1.9 PvP and don't quite know the mechanics or strategies used so this may help them.
The video goes over only melee, specifically with the sword and not the axe, not sure if I will make an axe video soon or not.

Anyways, here is the link:

Make sure to tell me if I missed anything out, or ask me questions on either here or the comments section on the video itself. If you need any first hand tips, try to find me on the server, I'm usually in the lowest lobby of PvP.

nemsol

May 8, 2017
Amsterdam, Netherlands
If anyone has more questions that go further into pvp, I would be glad to teach jou. (Sorry if I'm stealing this from you, I just really like learning people how to pvp)

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
Amazing. I will definitely be using this "stutter step" in future PvP fights. Maybe we could spar sometime?

Aerlia

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2017
Quite a few people I have duelled the last few weeks have been asking me to spend time with them in custom duels to teach them how to PvP/how to get really good at PvP, so I thought I may as well make a tutorial type video and just post it on the forums as it is much easier that way.
This video is for mainly people who are new to 1.9 PvP and don't quite know the mechanics or strategies used so this may help them.
The video goes over only melee, specifically with the sword and not the axe, not sure if I will make an axe video soon or not.

Make sure to tell me if I missed anything out, or ask me questions on either here or the comments section on the video itself. If you need any first hand tips, try to find me on the server, I'm usually in the lowest lobby of PvP.
I know kinda everything from the video already, but still good for people who aren't that good in PvP.

__Slime__

Apr 9, 2017
Good video. Good work. But, I don't find PVP tutorial videos very useful tho, It's better to just practice by yourself make your own strategies and learn from people who killed you. Maybe it's just me. Still you made a great vid.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
-80% charge (correction)
-Cannot be sprinting (missing one)
Noted down, nice spot. Thanks.
If anyone has more questions that go further into pvp, I would be glad to teach jou. (Sorry if I'm stealing this from you, I just really like learning people how to pvp)
Just leave down your own tips on this thread, would make it more helpful for everyone.
Amazing. I will definitely be using this "stutter step" in future PvP fights. Maybe we could spar sometime?
My discord is SpankMeSanta#4728 add me on there if you want a few fights.
Good video. Good work. But, I don't find PVP tutorial videos very useful tho, It's better to just practice by yourself make your own strategies and learn from people who killed you. Maybe it's just me. Still you made a great vid.
Agreed, but some people don't learn from dying too well. They tend to just use the same strategies over and over again, if they look at a video they can see 1st person what other people do instead and they can copy/adapt their own methods.

SwiftySwoo

Sep 2, 2016

Post that video of our 1v1 ;p, gj with the video. Try using a different font for the explanatitons and also try showing some more fighting clips.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Here is a fight I had with @SwiftySwoo where I got humiliated.
Notice that not only is he stutter stepping for the extra reach effect, but his movement is extremely irregular too. This combination makes it almost impossible to even hit him at all.

GotSkills

Nov 20, 2016
I am a bit late but nice video and nice work, though I dont think It will help me, bcz I already know these things and have my own ways to pvp...
Btw there are very good pvpers who always jump and do a tone of damage and need too good strafe to handle them. :p
Still a nice video and keep up the work!

Last edited:
L

Lepzi

Here is a fight I had with @SwiftySwoo where I got humiliated.
Notice that not only is he stutter stepping for the extra reach effect, but his movement is extremely irregular too. This combination makes it almost impossible to even hit him at all.

Dang I've had fight with @SwiftySwoo it is extremely hard but great practice. Trick is to beat him don't miss.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Reach is 3.78 blocks. I assume you have tested the range of a player in single player, but MC comprises for lag on multiplayer.On single player is a little bit more as 3 blocks (3.1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom