Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

GRACELY

Novice Member
Apr 9, 2020
The skin I made doesn't show on me, despite the same profile and skin working in single player. However on Cubecraft I am stuck as Steve. Even default Alex doesn't work.

How do I fix this? I see plenty of other non-Steve/Alex skins, surely they're not all purchased?

Last edited:

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Ok so I already wrote what the issue was in a another post but I’m now not entirely sure If this will fix. I know that skins with slim arms will NOT work. They NEED to be normal size arms. If this doesn’t work then tell me I’ll give a few more ideas.

Reactions: SweetPotato__

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok so I already wrote what the issue was in a another post but I’m now not entirely sure If this will fix. I know that skins with slim arms will NOT work. They NEED to be normal size arms. If this doesn’t work then tell me I’ll give a few more ideas.
I do have a skin with slim arms and that works for me, so that's probably not the issue. You gave this answer to a similar thread not too long ago:
All custom skins have been removed currently because people found a way to "hack" it and make things called "custom geometry" which would let you become basically anything from a giant, to sans, to spongebob.

Until they find out a way to stop custom geometry, custom skins are now disabled. I hope they fix this hack soon.
The classic formats which you can use on the Java platform as well should work, just not the custom skin formats on Bedrock.

GRACELY

Novice Member
Apr 9, 2020
So via what means are people running around on Cubecraft Bedrock with custom skins? I mean, I haven't noticed one way or another if they have the slim arms.

GRACELY

Novice Member
Apr 9, 2020
Changed to standard arms, no difference; still show as Steve in Cubecraft

AH-HAH. I should have confirmed earlier but this is a CUBECRAFT server issue only. The other 4 servers on Bedrock my custom skin shows fine.

So what's the deal guys?

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Changed to standard arms, no difference; still show as Steve in Cubecraft

AH-HAH. I should have confirmed earlier but this is a CUBECRAFT server issue only. The other 4 servers on Bedrock my custom skin shows fine.

So what's the deal guys?
What device do you play on?

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
XB1, tho I could try from mobile to see if it's device specific too

Edit: happens on mobile too.
Other servers = skin
Cubecraft only = always Steve
I should try to get rubik to explain exactly why this happens, I know it’s caused because they removed some custom skins for this thing people abused called “custom geometry”. What skin are you trying to use?

GRACELY

Novice Member
Apr 9, 2020
I should try to get rubik to explain exactly why this happens, I know it’s caused because they removed some custom skins for this thing people abused called “custom geometry”. What skin are you trying to use?

Just a self edited one from the base game.

But even default Alex will not load

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
RelatedNoobs Is right, Cubecraft removed custom skins for the moment because of custom geometry. Custom geometry made player able to edit the shape of their skins. This caused player with the right skills to be running around as a dinosaur or so. As far as I know, custom skins will not be used until the problem with custom geometry is solved.

Some skin with custom geometry also gave player an advantage in pvp, like the Yoda skins for example. You were smaller.

Reactions: Keanu

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
RelatedNoobs Is right, Cubecraft removed custom skins for the moment because of custom geometry. Custom geometry made player able to edit the shape of their skins. This caused player with the right skills to be running around as a dinosaur or so. As far as I know, custom skins will not be used until the problem with custom geometry is solved.

Some skin with custom geometry also gave player an advantage in pvp, like the Yoda skins for example. You were smaller.
^basically this. Thanks Fesa!

~ Locked

Reactions: RelatedNoobs
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom