Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Ever wondered why builders continue to introduce new Minerware maps despite them being completely aesthetic and having no effect on gameplay? I sure have. It just makes no sense; why spend time making an entire map when nobody is going to care about it? Here is what I propose:

Suggestion one - Outer ring waiting lobby
Of all the waiting lobbies, Minerware is the worst because there's no map to explore, you've just on a flat, tiny platform running in circles and losing your mind for ninety seconds. Why not spawn players on the outer ring, making Minerware the only game to have a different waiting lobby for every map? Players will be moved to the centre five seconds before the game begins.

Suggestion two - Varying boss battles
Why not have boss battles vary depending on the map? Below are the four boss battles that I can remember, and an idea for how they could make use of the map:

Deathmatch
During the Deathmatch boss battle, the centre should be doubled in size and spawning should be less predictable (say goodbye to spamming lava all over the spawn, you nasty farm animal!) The extra space should be used to add decorations that compliment the theme of the map. For example, on the City map you may have two buildings adjacent to one another with interior and an upper floor, giving archers somewhat of a chance. Perhaps there's also a ladder leading to the roofs, making victory with a bow a physical possibility. Likewise, lose the silly walls that enclose everybody and replace them with roadblocks, rubble and buildings.

If you'd like another example, the Western map could have a great big train in the middle and a couple of carts lying around. The walls could be replaced with towering cliffs, and the ground with a mixture of gravel, clay and red sand. This map would probably not have any sniping opportunities, adding an element of diversity in the kits you use that depend on the map you're playing. Variety is Minerware's greatest selling point; the boss battles shouldn't be as uninspired as they currently are.

Wing Dash
Flying over a void through rings that may as well be in a straight line? If you've played this game more than twice then you're probably aware that it provides only an illusion of difficulty. You don't need to do any sharp turns or slip through tight spaces, you just fly straight and adjust your verticality according to the height of the upcoming ring. Why not do away with this, and instead have the player fly laps around the map? There would be more creative liberty in ring placement that could further challenge the player. This way, you're not just observing the map; you're embracing every part of it.

Spleef & Lava Floor

Picture this: You've been dragged into a large replica of a child's bedroom, the words 'BOSS ROUND' flashing in the middle of your screen. You're sweating all over your mouse as both you and two other players have nineteen points; this is the tiebreaker. You're handed an assortment of tools, each of which having Efficiency XX. You've got beds made of wool and wood, a floor made of carpet and cobblestone and planks, perhaps even a shelf or two, or a wardrobe. Your job is to destroy the floor and all furniture beneath your opponents' feet and be the last player standing. The timer counts down, 3... 2... 1... You begin to break all that's in sight, skillfully switching between your axe and pickaxe according to the blocks beneath your enemies' feet, but you mistime your tool and are sent below. You're now inside a kitchen, with tiles made of snow and coal. There's a refrigerator made of iron, and a stove of cobblestone. Lastly, a table of the finest oak there is. same scenario; be the last noob standing. Sent below again? You're in a basement, cobblestone all around. This is the final floor; fall again, and it's over. You now realise that the arena is a family's house, and you've bloody trashed the place. I've just described to you what Spleef could look like on the 'City' map, and Lava Floor too if you subtract the arsenal of Efficiency XX tools.

Suggestion three - Map-based microgames
We've not seen any new microgames in a while, so why not add a few that make use of the outer layer? Here are a few ideas of mine:

Relic Hunter

Coming soon to Minerware: The Relic Hunter lobby game. You and your fellow noobs all spawn in the centre, and must locate a relic that's randomly spawned on the outer layer. Find it within the allotted time to win.
Combat is disabled.

Parkour to freedom
You know the Parkour and Eat Cake microgame? Yeah, it's pretty stupid how once you've eaten the cake, you can get in people's way and sabotage the competition just by standing still. Well in this microgame, the middle is themed like a prison, and a single path to freedom is created in the form of a few blocks, which fill the gap between the centre and outer ring. Traverse this dangerous path in the allotted time to win. Once you reach the other side, you're teleported to the glass cage above the centre until the next microgame begins.
Combat is disabled.

Dodgeball

A team-based game, with Red Team occupying the centre and Blue Team occupying a very exposed region of the outer ring. Equipped with infinite snowballs, Red Team must gun down Blue Team in the allotted time to win.
Combat is enabled.

Tank Test
"But Soapy, Mineplex already has this ga-"
*Gunshot*

Players are to be placed in an enclosed section of the outer ring, whereupon a wither will spawn and begin to bomb the floor (walls will be made of bedrock, dw about escapees!) Death will occur either from explosive damage, or from the void as the wither rapidly eats through the floor. Last noobs standing wins. An example of the map could be the Spleef & Lava Floor section of Suggestion 2.
Combat is disabled.

Into the Light

Four beacons have fallen to earth, their light curing any and all illness with a prolonged touch. Inflicted with Nausea I, players must reach these beacons and step into their light to cure themselves. However, a single touch simply won't suffice; you must stand in the light for two seconds to be cured. Cure yourself within the allotted time to win.
Combat is enabled.

Boss Battle - Leviathan

*Gunshot*

A glorified Tank Test, where players are given the entire outer ring to survive on. Instead of a Wither coming to nomnomnom you, it's two Enderdragons. Death will occur either from a direct hit from the dragon, or from the void as the dragon devours everything in its path. As always, last noobs standing wins.

Boss Battle - Survival Games

A short-lived, fast-paced game of Survival Games, localised entirely within the Minerware map (+1 meme point). You and your fellow players spawn above the void between the centre and outer ring, which has been replaced with an environment that matches the rest of the map. The centre has been given a cornucopia, meaning you can choose to either run towards it and gather up some loot, or retreat to the outer ring and hope to find something of use there instead. There's only one difference: PvP is enabled from the get-go. You have one life only, so try not to lose it right away.
Combat is enabled.

Boss Battle - Skywars
This is a good old map-exclusive boss battle, limited only to the 'Arcade' map. The arcade machines serve as your island, two chests being given on each and a handful of natural resources that you can harvest. Bows will be provided in chests but arrows won't be, meaning if you want to camp you've got to craft those arrows yourself. Last noob standing loses wins.
Combat is enabled.

Boss Battle - Relic Hunter

The Relic Hunter microgame, but expanded. This time you're looking for three relics, and the relic tracker is much less responsive. Find all three, and you go home victorious. But wait, these are heavy relics; you'll never be able to carry more than one at a time. Once you've found a relic, you must return it to the centre to reactivate your relic tracker.
Combat is disabled.

Last edited:

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Suggestion 1 would be problematic with the Arcade map as it's very slim and has no dedicated space to spawn players at.
arcade-mw-jpg.141812

As you can see, not a lot of space.

Suggestion 2, this one, I like - a lot. I really like the Deathmatch idea, would show that it's been thought out and gives a chance to the archers. It also adds more tension. Imagine you're in a house and someone just pops out from the closet or from under the bed and you begin to fight. A lot more fun than being in the one 10x10 area where you can see everyone who's still not been burned to death by the Troll kit. (and of course, everyone who has)
The flying around the map is an absolutely brilliant idea. You get to explore the map, possibly find an Easter Egg or too! Whizzing around the map would be a lot more fun than going through up to 50 hoops that are more or less in a straight line, sometimes going to the left or the right, sometimes up or down. Not much excitement after playing it more than twice. Gets too familiar.
Spleef and Lava floor? Cool idea. But may take too long and end up with a lot of ties due to the short amount of time given. I'd much prefer this for the actual Spleef minigame.

Suggestion 3 is actually pretty neat. I myself have wondered why so many of these maps are made. Giving purpose to the outer ring would be a great addition. Though, I can see it being a problem for the current themes and games we have. Not many themes, if any, I believe have any actual relation to any of the micro-games we currently have. So either the games would have to be completely revamped, or the current maps would have to be scrapped and new ones built to match at least 16 games. (if you want the final micro-game to be themed too)

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Ever wondered why builders continue to introduce new Minerware maps despite them being completely aesthetic and having no effect on gameplay? I sure have. It just makes no sense; why spend time making an entire map when nobody is going to care about it? Here is what I propose:

Suggestion one - Outer ring waiting lobby
Of all the waiting lobbies, Minerware is the worst because there's no map to explore, you've just on a flat, tiny platform running in circles and losing your mind for ninety seconds. Why not spawn players on the outer ring, making Minerware the only game to have a different waiting lobby for every map? Players will be moved to the centre five seconds before the game begins.

Suggestion two - Varying boss battles
Why not have boss battles vary depending on the map? Below are the four boss battles that I can remember, and an idea for how they could make use of the map:

Deathmatch
During the Deathmatch boss battle, the centre should be doubled in size and spawning should be less predictable (say goodbye to spamming lava all over the spawn, you nasty farm animal!) The extra space should be used to add decorations that compliment the theme of the map. For example, on the City map you may have two buildings adjacent to one another with interior and an upper floor, giving archers somewhat of a chance. Perhaps there's also a ladder leading to the roofs, making victory with a bow a physical possibility. Likewise, lose the silly walls that enclose everybody and replace them with roadblocks, rubble and buildings.

If you'd like another example, the Western map could have a great big train in the middle and a couple of carts lying around. The walls could be replaced with towering cliffs, and the ground with a mixture of gravel, clay and red sand. This map would probably not have any sniping opportunities, adding an element of diversity in the kits you use that depend on the map you're playing. Variety is Minerware's greatest selling point; the boss battles shouldn't be as uninspired as they currently are.

Wing Dash
Flying over a void through rings that may as well be in a straight line? If you've played this game more than twice then you're probably aware that it provides only an illusion of difficulty. You don't need to do any sharp turns or slip through tight spaces, you just fly straight and adjust your verticality according to the height of the upcoming ring. Why not do away with this, and instead have the player fly laps around the map? There would be more creative liberty in ring placement that could further challenge the player. This way, you're not just observing the map; you're embracing every part of it.

Spleef & Lava Floor

Picture this: You've been dragged into a large replica of a child's bedroom, the words 'BOSS ROUND' flashing in the middle of your screen. You're sweating all over your mouse as both you and two other players have nineteen points; this is the tiebreaker. You're handed an assortment of tools, each of which having Efficiency XX. You've got beds made of wool and wood, a floor made of carpet and cobblestone and planks, perhaps even a shelf or two, or a wardrobe. Your job is to destroy the floor and all furniture beneath your opponents' feet and be the last player standing. The timer counts down, 3... 2... 1... You begin to break all that's in sight, skillfully switching between your axe and pickaxe according to the blocks beneath your enemies' feet, but you mistime your tool and are sent below. You're now inside a kitchen, with tiles made of snow and coal. There's a refrigerator made of iron, and a stove of cobblestone. Lastly, a table of the finest oak there is. same scenario; be the last noob standing. Sent below again? You're in a basement, cobblestone all around. This is the final floor; fall again, and it's over. You now realise that the arena is a family's house, and you've bloody trashed the place. I've just described to you what Spleef could look like on the 'City' map, and Lava Floor too if you subtract the arsenal of Efficiency XX tools.

Suggestion three - Map-based microgames
We've not seen any new microgames in a while, so why not add a few that make use of the outer layer? Here are a few ideas of mine:

Relic Hunter

Coming soon to Minerware: The Relic Hunter lobby game. You and your fellow noobs all spawn in the centre, and must locate a relic that's randomly spawned on the outer layer. Find it within the allotted time to win.
Combat is disabled.

Parkour to freedom
You know the Parkour and Eat Cake microgame? Yeah, it's pretty stupid how once you've eaten the cake, you can get in people's way and sabotage the competition just by standing still. Well in this microgame, the middle is themed like a prison, and a single path to freedom is created in the form of a few blocks, which fill the gap between the centre and outer ring. Traverse this dangerous path in the allotted time to win. Once you reach the other side, you're teleported to the glass cage above the centre until the next microgame begins.
Combat is disabled.

Dodgeball

A team-based game, with Red Team occupying the centre and Blue Team occupying a very exposed region of the outer ring. Equipped with infinite snowballs, Red Team must gun down Blue Team in the allotted time to win.
Combat is enabled.

Tank Test
*Gunshot*

Players are to be placed in an enclosed section of the outer ring, whereupon a wither will spawn and begin to bomb the floor (walls will be made of bedrock, dw about escapees!) Death will occur either from explosive damage, or from the void as the wither rapidly eats through the floor. Last noobs standing wins. An example of the map could be the Spleef & Lava Floor section of Suggestion 2.
Combat is disabled.

Into the Light

Four beacons have fallen to earth, their light curing any and all illness with a prolonged touch. Inflicted with Nausea I, players must reach these beacons and step into their light to cure themselves. However, a single touch simply won't suffice; you must stand in the light for two seconds to be cured. Cure yourself within the allotted time to win.
Combat is enabled.

Boss Battle - Leviathan

*Gunshot*

A glorified Tank Test, where players are given the entire outer ring to survive on. Instead of a Wither coming to nomnomnom you, it's two Enderdragons. Death will occur either from a direct hit from the dragon, or from the void as the dragon devours everything in its path. As always, last noobs standing wins.

Boss Battle - Survival Games

A short-lived, fast-paced game of Survival Games, localised entirely within the Minerware map (+1 meme point). You and your fellow players spawn above the void between the centre and outer ring, which has been replaced with an environment that matches the rest of the map. The centre has been given a cornucopia, meaning you can choose to either run towards it and gather up some loot, or retreat to the outer ring and hope to find something of use there instead. There's only one difference: PvP is enabled from the get-go. You have one life only, so try not to lose it right away.
Combat is enabled.

Boss Battle - Relic Hunter
The Relic Hunter microgame, but expanded. This time you're looking for three relics, and the relic tracker is much less responsive. Find all three, and you go home victorious. But wait, these are heavy relics; you'll never be able to carry more than one at a time. Once you've found a relic, you must return it to the centre to reactivate your relic tracker.
Combat is disabled.
I love all these ideas. I say the same thing about the maps in minerware to my friends. They should definitely do something with the maps rather than having players be concentrating in the game and actualy use the maps and microgames together!
+1

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Suggestion 1 would be problematic with the Arcade map as it's very slim and has no dedicated space to spawn players at.
arcade-mw-jpg.141812

As you can see, not a lot of space.

Suggestion 2, this one, I like - a lot. I really like the Deathmatch idea, would show that it's been thought out and gives a chance to the archers. It also adds more tension. Imagine you're in a house and someone just pops out from the closet or from under the bed and you begin to fight. A lot more fun than being in the one 10x10 area where you can see everyone who's still not been burned to death by the Troll kit. (and of course, everyone who has)
The flying around the map is an absolutely brilliant idea. You get to explore the map, possibly find an Easter Egg or too! Whizzing around the map would be a lot more fun than going through up to 50 hoops that are more or less in a straight line, sometimes going to the left or the right, sometimes up or down. Not much excitement after playing it more than twice. Gets too familiar.
Spleef and Lava floor? Cool idea. But may take too long and end up with a lot of ties due to the short amount of time given. I'd much prefer this for the actual Spleef minigame.

Suggestion 3 is actually pretty neat. I myself have wondered why so many of these maps are made. Giving purpose to the outer ring would be a great addition. Though, I can see it being a problem for the current themes and games we have. Not many themes, if any, I believe have any actual relation to any of the micro-games we currently have. So either the games would have to be completely revamped, or the current maps would have to be scrapped and new ones built to match at least 16 games. (if you want the final micro-game to be themed too)
Thanks for the decent response, and sorry I didn't see it earlier.

Forgot that Arcade was a map... how does a Skywars boss battle sound? :)

Revamping maps shouldn't be too difficult since you'd only need to edit a few small portions, where the games are being played. Having microgames in mind when making new maps would be an excellent idea, but only if new maps are going to be added anyways.

Will think of a few Arcade-exclusive microgames and edit the thread accordingly, because that map design is just stunning.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Forgot that Arcade was a map... how does a Skywars boss battle sound? :)
Does sound cool, just the time limit. I believe it's 3 minutes? Not sure. Would have to be increased for this.

Revamping maps shouldn't be too difficult since you'd only need to edit a few small portions, where the games are being played. Having microgames in mind when making new maps would be an excellent idea, but only if new maps are going to be added anyways.
I still think it's too big of a project to revamp. As I said in my first response, there aren't many, if any games that have any relation to the maps. Even doing small parts wouldn't work too well.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I agree with suggestion 1.

They don’t really need to run everywhere. They an add a parkour at the outer ring. Enough space.
Maybe, but everything wants most of the times to just run freedomly without having to parkour. If you want to move you need to parkour. Plus not many people are good at parkour.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Minerware maps are the easiest maps to make for the team as they require very little thought and next to no map config. We don't need to think about gameplay and how a player approaches certain elements of the map. Personally I'd like to keep it like that.

I do like the idea of map related microgames, when I created Jungle I always pictured a dropper type game off the birds beak.

One concept I came up with during the creation of Minerware was having unique platforms for each map. However it was shot down cri
2018-02-15_13.11.35.png

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Minerware maps are the easiest maps to make for the team as they require very little thought and next to no map config. We don't need to think about gameplay and how a player approaches certain elements of the map. Personally I'd like to keep it like that.

I do like the idea of map related microgames, when I created Jungle I always pictured a dropper type game off the birds beak.

One concept I came up with during the creation of Minerware was having unique platforms for each map. However it was shot down cri
View attachment 142453
Awh, that would've been so fun though :( I'm intrigued by the map design on the left, that looks very funky :0

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom