Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
🧱😁MinerWare

Hey guys! Remember me? Doesn't matter. What does matter is that we lost a very big game that made CubeCraft unique and awesome. I'm not mad, upset or even disappointed in the slightest anymore, I moved far past that point and I hope y'all got to process the loss of half the server as well. BUT: That doesn't mean I haven't thought about my big love: MinerWare. What is it, and why make this suggestion now? Let's dive into it!

🤔 What even are you talking about?

You don't know MinerWare? Maybe you forgot about it, that's possible. If you never played MinerWare, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to play it one day!
MinerWare is a game filled with minigames. The concept of the game is very simple: CubeCraft will give you a simple task, which can be from picking a specific flower to bouncing on a slime block, from getting to the top of a tower to avoid some falling anvils and literally anything in between. For every task you complete successfully, you will be awarded a point. After 15 exercises, a boss game with a value of 3 points will be played. These games are longer and most of the time harder for a lot of people to win. This can be a big tie breaker! When I talk about a boss game, you can think about a elytra parkour where you have to fly through rings or having to collect weapons from lucky blocks to have a showdown until one player remains alive.
After 15 games and a boss game, the top 3 players will be awarded a win and points / experience based on their placement.
The game of MinerWare was a true test of fast thinking, quick movement, funny and dumb challenges and a lot of laughing with friends. I most certainly think this game deserves to be in the CubeCraft game selection and I will explain and hopefully convince you why.

1693775695046.png
😇 If the game is as good as you state it is, why was it removed in the first place?

Well, it's quite a shame. I'll talk you through the history of CubeCraft really quick. This might bring up some trauma to some people, to others it will be boring. In both cases, be warned:
It all started back in July 2016, when MinerWare wasreleased. Yes, I went back to get that announcement, and found it was older than a ton of games played a lot by the community, such as almost all arcade games, BlockWars Core and Speed EggWars, but also like common features like '/nick' for partners and even Sentinel, CubeCraft's anti-cheat system. Hard to comprehend, I know, but show must go on. MinerWare grew out from 35ish microgames to at least double that amount, a ton of updates with cool features and a solid playerbase, being easy for new players to hop in and learn, but still being a ton of fun for the CubeCraft veterans. However, during The Big Change in October 2018, we unexpectedly had to say goodbye to MinerWare. Uproaring the community with this change, CubeCraft realised how much MinerWare did for their server, even when it wasn't the biggest scorer, it had a much bigger function. You can't play a game of EggWars in between your Tower Defense games to calm down a bit, you can't hop in a Team SkyWars lobby to have a good laugh with your friends and you most certainly could not play a PvP game without having to sweat until it was dripping of your forehead to have a shot of winning. Luckily, we could see MinerWare as the first ever this news post) it was added back to the roster. The community spoke and Cube heard it! And they lived happily ever after...
... Well, not really. In the rather recent changes to the Java network, MinerWare got patched once again. A lot of people were flabberghasted, not having a clue what happened or what to do. I will not talk in depth about The Big Change 2.0, as I like to call it, as we've done that plenty of times, but the decisions made were not reversible and more a final judgement. That's why I make this post, as it doesn't have to be a FINAL judgement. To be precise, I hope to revert the changes with immediate effect (even though that's wishful thinking), but even a consideration would be great!

😍 What a fantastic idea (absolutely everyone's opinion now, unbiased)! But, why now and what for?

(Note: until the enter there is some personal stuff, not too interesting) I quit playing CubeCraft almost directly after The Big Change 2.0. I liked the non-combat games, and with SkyBlock close to finished and almost all parkour levels done, only speedrunning is what kept me in the community. With real life and other servers being more attractive, I left. However, a big hole in my heart could not be filled. I still sleep in my CubeCraft EggWars shirt and my laptop is covered in the stickers from the original sticker packs CubeCraft used to sell. I wanted to return home, so I stayed in touch with some familiar faces and recently came online more and more. I like certain work done on the games that are still in the roster, but the overload on PvP games make it hard for me to enjoy the server like I used to, specifically with the 1.19 combat changes which I do not enjoy. I kept thinking of the amazingness of MinerWare, how I used to host tournament and play with friends until it was 2 a.m. and I should've gone to bed for work only 5 hours later. So, time to just undertake action!

As I thought about reasons why it should return, I would like to go in-depth with the statistics posted by CubeCraft and the reasoning they took.
This was the player count of MinerWare right before it was removed.
1693778450335.png

Looking at the graph, you can clearly see a big peak in European afternoon / evening hours. However, during the time CubeCraft hit the lowest player counts, MinerWare sometimes had not enough players to start games. The reasoning CubeCraft took to remove MinerWare was quite narrowed in my opinion, and should be adressed.

The amount of games CubeCraft had to offer before TBC2.0 was way too much, and I suppose everyone agreed with that matter. With games like Team Lucky Islands, Team SkyWars, Solo EggWars, a lot of duel gamemodes, a featured gamemode and Tower Defense all having a small amount of players, I think it indeed would be beneficial to remove those (TD being a case of doubt). MinerWare, in contrast to the other games, managed to get an average player count of 40 during european day hours (equalling at least 3 games). With all the smaller games gone, the player count is most likely to rise a little bit (Featured Game players or Among Slime players will hop over to another non-combat game, which would've been MinerWare as it was the only option). MinerWare would be most likely to start games at least 90% of the time and having a high playercount on the day hours.

By removing so many games at the same time, we can barely predict what the players of a specific game will do if their game ceases to exist. we now have seen that, without any non combat option, players will depart from the server with the idea not to return. The only game to keep players close would be MinerWare, an all-round game for every level of players. Honestly, another reason I don't like SkyWars for example is the amount of players tryharding the game because they are better than I am. I think I speak for a lot of players that my fun also comes from little achievements, and I don't feel like achieving anything with the current game roster.

Thirdly, after going through all sorts of pages on the forums of TBC2.0 and other suggestions/feedback/etc., MinerWare is one of the key components to be missed around the community. The only game to come close to the success by new and experienced CubeCraft players is Among Slimes, which would also be a considerable option. MinerWare just has a little bit of a bigger reach, which is why I feel like it is a good addition and should be chosen over Among Slimes in 80% of the cases.

I think the argument to not add games when the playercount is too low right now is a unbased one. I am sure to get at least 10 friends back playing by just having this game reinstated, set aside all the other players that will return or be retained by having this amazing game back on the server. The game is so simple yet effective in generating a fun and little to no toxicity area, which is pretty rare nowadays.

‼️ So, in conclusion:

Please please pleaseeeee, give this a try. When you are at the bottom you can only go up, and I am sure MinerWare would be not one or two, but at least 5 steps up in the right direction. lets make the server what it used to be: an environment for all kind of players with a game roster with games for everyone to enjoy. Any questions regarding the topic I would be honored to answer. If you have something to add, also make sure to state it in the comments

(im gonna be honest, I have no idea how suggestions work anymore, but upvote this thread please? :agree: 👍 )

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
Completely in agreement with your post, let's hope and the next way to return is Minerware, today due to the great peak of users that CC reached, an admin within the server responded to that question with the following:

"i sadly cant make that decision but we are reviewing bringing games back as the java server updates are completed"

Since the launch of the party event I have seen a slow but steady increase in the number of users, so this is becoming more likely.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
Cubecraft Java died out for me because as you said all the gamemodes are PVP + I'm a Bedrock main so I'm more used to Bedrock / 1.8 PVP mechanics. I would only ever log onto java to play minerware or non - pvp featured games. The whole server is PVP focused and not fun for me anymore. So, let's add back minerware (and possibly a featured games rotation featuring TD and Among Slimes :bluesus: ).

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
(and possibly a featured games rotation featuring TD and Among Slimes :bluesus: ).
Thanks for supporting my post!! However, a featured game cycle would defeat the point of reinstating the game. It is so popular because it takes a short amount of time and is available at any given moment. Even though I like the games you mentioned a lot, I don’t think it’s a good idea to return to the featured game cycle ever again if it is not for arcade games and arcade games only

Bit biased here
Absolutely. Earlier I talked about bringing back games as Bingo and Barn Brawl (posts I made before TBC2.0, names are similar to this post in case you are curious), which I wouldn’t have talked about if I didn’t like the game myself. Obviously, it is not the only reason of wanting the games back, but a personal bias is almost necessary to make suggestions like these. Thanks for supporting the post anyhow though!❤️

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for supporting my post!! However, a featured game cycle would defeat the point of reinstating the game. It is so popular because it takes a short amount of time and is available at any given moment. Even though I like the games you mentioned a lot, I don’t think it’s a good idea to return to the featured game cycle ever again if it is not for arcade games and arcade games only

Absolutely. Earlier I talked about bringing back games as Bingo and Barn Brawl (posts I made before TBC2.0, names are similar to this post in case you are curious), which I wouldn’t have talked about if I didn’t like the game myself. Obviously, it is not the only reason of wanting the games back, but a personal bias is almost necessary to make suggestions like these. Thanks for supporting the post anyhow though!❤️
Nah I meant my agreement was biased too lol. Nothing wrong with having biases though. It pretty much impossible not to have one.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town

I understand, I just want to play among slimes one more time... :redsus:

• Love
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
With a Minerware update in the works for bedrock, it would be the perfect time for Minerware to return on Java. Minerware is what got me into CubeCraft, back when it was 1 of 4 games available on Bedrock. There is currently no multiplayer, casual game on Java and I think Minerware would be perfect for that spot.

Reactions: Hoshi and Blom
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom