Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
upload_2018-4-8_18-51-50.png

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I'm pretty dam sure the staff team would have implemented it if it was really worth the time it would take to develop.

Importance divided by Time = Priority.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Are you a developer? I am assuming not, this could be more complicated then you think, like I said above CubeCraft could be structured differently making this harder than you would think.
Please stop making fun of cubecraft devs. Yes, the codebase is probably messy, but they aren't that incompetent. They can do this!

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Please stop making fun of cubecraft devs. Yes, the codebase is probably messy, but they aren't that incompetent. They can do this!
I didn't mean it was messy, all I am saying is it could be different.
You really put that much faith in them?
They have more incentive than any of us to add things the people like, they get paid for it...

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I never particularly liked this idea however I also don't just disagree

U WOT M8? They added Bingo which everyone asked for!
so are we being sarcastic now
well then I want to join in on the fun

Nobody ever liked it anyways right?

just because you don't like a game doesn't mean the game is bad
Are you a developer? I am assuming not, this could be more complicated then you think, like I said above CubeCraft could be structured differently making this harder than you would think.
He says while making a fool of himself because they have started on it and are working on making it more complicated then necessary so it can be more unique

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
The funny thing about development work is that non developers will always under estimate the difficulty level of any given project.
No, there's absolutely nothing funny about that at all. Sure, non developers will underestimate the difficulty level. What a news.
But guess what, the development team consists of developers. And they should be able to estimate the difficulty of this project.

I might not be a developer, but I do know that this doesn't have to take 2 years when there are servers with a comparable size out that that have the exact same feature.

The sad reality just is that the management never prioritized this feature. After 2 years of waiting it's time to drop the whole "it's so hard to make"- excuse, and start working on this.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
(offtopic, but everybody was asking for the vanity update. There were hundreds of threads made about it from since I joined the forums up until the update actually happened)

Yeah... it's about time they take care of that backlog. It can't be that difficult, right?
I imagine the hardest part being how exactly it would take place, and how it would make combat logging a discouraged thing to do. There's lots of finicky logics that need to be worked with in order to make a flawless rejoin system.
For example: Lots of people have been saying that a death upon rejoin in Eggwars would be a great balancing feature (it just sends you back to your island, naked, assuming you have an egg), but this could prove difficult if you strategically trapped someone in an obsidian fort. The only way you'd be able to lock them in place somewhere, is by blocking off their spawn (which is easier said than done). If players would be able to leave and rejoin after I trapped them in mid with obsidian, I'd be pretty annoyed since it's a clever strategy (well, in my opinion). It'd make small things like that impossible to pull off unless the players don't know about the rejoining system.

And how would this work for games like Skywars? Killing you wouldn't make it a useful rejoin system, so how would that go down? Same question for UHC, SG, Lucky islands, Bingo (where deaths aren't really that important, but they could ruin an entire game), and other possible games.
A few games shouldn't have this feature in my opinion. Well, that is, if we don't use a system I have in mind.

A way to implement this feature into games where you have only one life, is simple: Upon disconnection, the server places a zombie (or something similar), with all of your gear equipped. This zombie has no AI, and can be knocked around, and can fall if spleefed or something similar. This zombie will be your placeholder, and once you log back in, you'll be spawned where the zombie was along with all of your items back (Important: Armor damage dealt to the zombie have to carry over to the player's armor too).
This system basically mimics a player standing AFK in your place, until you log back into the game.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
(offtopic, but everybody was asking for the vanity update. There were hundreds of threads made about it from since I joined the forums up until the update actually happened)

Yeah... it's about time they take care of that backlog. It can't be that difficult, right?
I imagine the hardest part being how exactly it would take place, and how it would make combat logging a discouraged thing to do. There's lots of finicky logics that need to be worked with in order to make a flawless rejoin system.
For example: Lots of people have been saying that a death upon rejoin in Eggwars would be a great balancing feature (it just sends you back to your island, naked, assuming you have an egg), but this could prove difficult if you strategically trapped someone in an obsidian fort. The only way you'd be able to lock them in place somewhere, is by blocking off their spawn (which is easier said than done). If players would be able to leave and rejoin after I trapped them in mid with obsidian, I'd be pretty annoyed since it's a clever strategy (well, in my opinion). It'd make small things like that impossible to pull off unless the players don't know about the rejoining system.

And how would this work for games like Skywars? Killing you wouldn't make it a useful rejoin system, so how would that go down? Same question for UHC, SG, Lucky islands, Bingo (where deaths aren't really that important, but they could ruin an entire game), and other possible games.
A few games shouldn't have this feature in my opinion. Well, that is, if we don't use a system I have in mind.

A way to implement this feature into games where you have only one life, is simple: Upon disconnection, the server places a zombie (or something similar), with all of your gear equipped. This zombie has no AI, and can be knocked around, and can fall if spleefed or something similar. This zombie will be your placeholder, and once you log back in, you'll be spawned where the zombie was along with all of your items back (Important: Armor damage dealt to the zombie have to carry over to the player's armor too).
This system basically mimics a player standing AFK in your place, until you log back into the game.
REJOIN as in AFTER YOU DIE, you click on something either in chat/in your inventory that sends you directly into a NEW GAME instead of going back to the lobby and doing it like that... NOT rejoin as in you can log off then join back

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
REJOIN as in AFTER YOU DIE, you click on something either in chat/in your inventory that sends you directly into a NEW GAME instead of going back to the lobby and doing it like that... NOT rejoin as in you can log off then join back
Wait did I just completely misunderstand the topic at hand? Guess so.
I thought the convo was about the much wanted rejoin system we see threads about once every so often...
Welp, guess I'll leave that paragraph to another future thread. I'll just refer to a comment I made about this topic recently:
This feature could be great and all, as long as there's some form of map selection too. Else I'd just go through the lobby instead of saving 8 seconds with the risk of playing a map I dislike.
In my opinion, this should be accessible to everyone, but iron+ should get a map selector feature just like the one in the lobby. It'd be a great convenience.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, hoping you'll celebrate a lot and have a wonderful day! ♥️🏀
Critly wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day! 🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #59-
Honey never spoils (not this one, atleast). Archaeologists have found pots of honey in ancient Egyptian tombs that are over 3,000 years old, and still perfectly edible!
Mintypie231 wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈🍰
Top Bottom