Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi!
I seem to remember this question being asked recently but I cannot find the thread anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been (hopefully!)

❓How did you come up with/decide on your name?

I was talking with @Hoshi who was telling me how she got her name, and I am wondering how you all came up with yours, and any stories surrounding it!
You might be like me and have completely no idea where your bizarre name came from, but for a lot of people there might be a history around it, and I would love to hear about them. :D

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!
I seem to remember this question being asked recently but I cannot find the thread anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been (hopefully!)

❓How did you come up with/decide on your name?

I was talking with @Hoshi who was telling me how she got her name, and I am wondering how you all came up with yours, and any stories surrounding it!
You might be like me and have completely no idea where your bizarre name came from, but for a lot of people there might be a history around it, and I would love to hear about them. :D
Instead of normal brown teddy bears I had polar teddy bears when I grew up. I also loved the snow so I ended up really like polar bears.

I meant to right casual original in my forum account to show I'm basically just here to have fun but I'm misspelled polar. Instead of correcting it I figured misspelling a word kinda shows how casual I am and figured it fits so I kept it.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Instead of normal brown teddy bears I had polar teddy bears when I grew up. I also loved the snow so I ended up really like polar bears.

I meant to right casual original in my forum account to show I'm basically just here to have fun but I'm misspelled polar. Instead of correcting it I figured misspelling a word kinda shows how casual I am and figured it fits so I kept it.
thats so cool! so nice how it links back to when you were younger too

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
That's a good question.

I used to play with a bunch of friends, we used to play daily, day in & out so we kinda created a CCG group. At that time I went by the name of 'ImTedHD' but I didn't like that name. We came with an idea of starting a sort of 'group name', after arguing endlessly about a bunch of names, a friend of mine came with the idea of 'DontWin', since we played tons of Skywars games for fun, made traps, tried speedbuilding without shifting, etc. (so we most likely didn't win because we died of doing stupid things xd). At first I didn't knew what name would fit & simply just added words in front of DontWin, and boom..CheatersDontWin was created. We all changed our names to something that fitted with DontWin & our group was created. Sadly, I am the only one who stayed.

A fun fact: most people thought I stole my name from @HackersDontWin but at that time I didn't even knew that name existed. He wasn't even in the main group that I mentioned above. But I still think Hackers is a legend tho & he - for sure - was the first one holding the DontWin name. :)

pekd

my first username was "CAPITAIN HP" because i loved Harry Potter and thought captain was a cool title (i misspelled it tho). some years later i bought java where captain hp was alredy taken, so i chose "pekd". it doesnt even mean anything, i just like short usernames. after playing java for about 6 months, i went back to bedrock where i still had that old name i didnt even like anymore, so i tried changing it to pekd. since it was alredy taken, it automatically put numbers behind my name making me "pekd2934" and i still have that name since i dont want to pay money to change my name.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
my first username was "CAPITAIN HP" because i loved Harry Potter and thought captain was a cool title (i misspelled it tho). some years later i bought java where captain hp was alredy taken, so i chose "pekd". it doesnt even mean anything, i just like short usernames. after playing java for about 6 months, i went back to bedrock where i still had that old name i didnt even like anymore, so i tried changing it to pekd. since it was alredy taken, it automatically put numbers behind my name making me "pekd2934" and i still have that name since i dont want to pay money to change my name.
That is fair enough. Short names are so much better than long ones in my opinion. And I love Harry Potter too so I love your original :D

DressingBro

Jun 22, 2020
My first username used to be "VampyEal550897" because it was an Xbox auto generated name. My brother's name was "DressingMean" I am pretty sure it was also an Xbox generated name. So when I was going to make my own username, I decided to go with "DressingBro" Bro is short for brother.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
You gotta love xbox generated names :D
That's awesome though how you changed them a bit to fit you more!

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
I mean, according to my good old friends from the time when I used to play on Hypixel, the name LukaG_ is just a shorter version of my real name, LookaGeeUnderscore.🤣 I'm not sure if @Kualdir was around when that name was cooked up, but he might remember it...

In reality, it's just a mix and match of my real name (Luka/Lukas), the G cuz I needed another letter and an underscore, because I simply wanted an underscore in my name, ever since I wanted to buy a Minecraft account. The Bedrock edition sadly made me drop the _ (I am sad), but I also didn't want to use the LookaGeeUnderscore name, since that was just too long. But yeah, I've been Mr LukaG_ ever since 2016, so I don't think that's ever-changing...

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
My username is an Xbox generated name, but I had it since I created my Xbox 360 account in 2011. At first I didn't like the name but I grew up with it. I planned to change my name but keep "Slinky" in the name but decided against it due to memories, people could remember me from the past, and possible save corruptions could occur

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
My online alias has been Lyra for a long time. I have had some very long usernames in the past, so when I was choosing my current username I decided to go for a short one. It was inspired by another player's username, Valiie, as I thought that ending would work perfectly with my own name! On Bedrock, my username is Lyriieee because Lyriie was already taken.

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
My name used to be FunnyBunny, as I was (and still kinda am hehe) obsessed with rabbits. I came up with it so many years ago and didn't really put much thought into it at the time tbh.. I hadn't expected to get so attached to Minecraft, as it was still quite new at the time :)
Younger me realised that funny rhymed with bunny and thought that was very cool, so went with it! xD
More recently, (in the last couple of years) I've used the online name caraMel, based on the name Mel that most people know me as online. Side point.. I also really love caramel 😍
I've slowly been changing everything to be consistent, but there are a few platforms where I haven't yet because I enjoy the nostalgia of funnybunny.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
My username is an Xbox generated name, but I had it since I created my Xbox 360 account in 2011. At first I didn't like the name but I grew up with it. I planned to change my name but keep "Slinky" in the name but decided against it due to memories, people could remember me from the past, and possible save corruptions could occur
your name did seem like an xbox generated one first time we talked in game. But it definitely works and I dont really see it as that anymore :D

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
My name isn't much interesting in any way. But it's username I have since I was 2 years old when my parents wanted to create an email for me and used dvodany in it, so I'm not even the original author of this username. But I like it as I have it bassicaly for my whole life and it stays for my real name DVOrak DANY.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
My name isn't much interesting in any way. But it's username I have since I was 2 years old when my parents wanted to create an email for me and used dvodany in it, so I'm not even the original author of this username. But I like it as I have it bassicaly for my whole life and it stays for my real name DVOrak DANY.
That's cool though how you have had it so long!

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I used to go by the name SuperGekko for years, even before I got into Minecraft, it was a name that I randomly came up with when I was younger. At some point I got bored of it and it started to sound a bit childish, the name didn't really represent who I was anymore, so I figured it was time to change it. I wasn't quite sure what username to choose as I'm not very creative with usernames. I went by the name xSanneee for a while but I didn't really feel that one either. I ended up asking a friend who's very good at coming up with usernames, I told her I wanted something simple and it had to include my first name, which is Sanne. She gave me a few options, and S4nne was one of those, I really liked it so I chose this name, and I've been using it for over 4 years now. At some point people even started calling me Sforne or Sfournne (or Sviernne in Dutch), which sounds quite funny, although I'd rather have people pronouncing it as Sanne. Unfortunately, this name was already taken on Bedrock, so I went with Sanne0811 there, which is just my name and my birthday, nothing too special 😛

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I used to go by the name SuperGekko for years, even before I got into Minecraft, it was a name that I randomly came up with when I was younger. At some....
I love the evolution from SuperGekko (which I love btw) to S4nne
I mean you can't really go wrong with having your name as your username too :D

Reactions: S4nne
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom