Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Hello, this is a suggestion that's especially important for Sr.Mods, the recruitment manager and helper mentors. This is something that happens every new helper wave and it's quite a problem, as soon as members have been promoted to helper they start doing their duties after a few hours, like answering questions in staff-help and that's the problem here because after every single helper wave I see incorrect answers on the questions in staff-help the first few days which isn't good at all in my opinion.

I have been staff a year ago so I know the process a bit and without sharing too much staff information I can tell that helpers are getting thrown in the deep after they got promoted, they start answering questions without having the knowledge, this is something that happens every helper wave (it happened to myself as well). This is not something personal but something common and the victims are the community members who get incorrect information.

Helpers get helper training once they received their pink role (this is public information). They learn and get to know how everything works before getting their mod rank. My suggestion is that helpers get a basic training about answering questions in staff-help before they get their helper role. This is in my opinion very important to prevent helpers from giving community members incorrect information.

Once again, this is a suggestion mainly for staff members involved in helper training and I would like to hear their opinions. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think there should be a rule that staff can't answer staff help questions without being certain about the answer. It should be treated as a formal support channel, not a guessing game. I have noticed the same thing in the last two helper waves and some of the wrong answers stirred up confusion among the community which shouldn't happen.

It needs to be treated as a formal support channel

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Hoi! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your frustration is understandable as we don't like confusion either. It seems like this discussion appeared a lot today. We talked internally about this as well. We have indeed noticed #staff-help can bring some uncertainty from time to time. I'll happily work on this to make sure helpers are more prepared next wave. I quickly want to say that none of this is on anyone! Mistakes can happen, and helpers are here to learn. With that said, thank you once again for forwarding this! We'll make work of it towards the next wave! 😄

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Hello, this is a suggestion that's especially important for Sr.Mods, the recruitment manager and helper mentors. This is something that happens every new helper wave and it's quite a problem, as soon as members have been promoted to helper they start doing their duties after a few hours, like answering questions in staff-help and that's the problem here because after every single helper wave I see incorrect answers on the questions in staff-help the first few days which isn't good at all in my opinion.

I have been staff a year ago so I know the process a bit and without sharing too much staff information I can tell that helpers are getting thrown in the deep after they got promoted, they start answering questions without having the knowledge, this is something that happens every helper wave (it happened to myself as well). This is not something personal but something common and the victims are the community members who get incorrect information.

Helpers get helper training once they received their pink role (this is public information). They learn and get to know how everything works before getting their mod rank. My suggestion is that helpers get a basic training about answering questions in staff-help before they get their helper role. This is in my opinion very important to prevent helpers from giving community members incorrect information.

Once again, this is a suggestion mainly for staff members involved in helper training and I would like to hear their opinions. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Same with moderators not having any idea how to ban players. or how to look at reports correctly!

Training should be in the staff team because they are very inconsistent and horribly wrong a lot of the time(specifically macros and double clicking, as well as drag clicking). Some staff even have blatant biases towards other players as well and should not have been staff.

Reactions: Matriox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom