Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
You can't really defend yourself if 5 players keep sending them, your team don't help you and you don't have any coins and even if you survive, it's still not fun at all.
I don't really agree with that quote, but I still think that this strat should be dealt with to stop the win farming.

Reactions: Livvv

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Well the alternative would be to reduce health of lvl 0 pigmen, but my feeling is that another mob would just be subbed in its place.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I don't really agree with that quote, but I still think that this strat should be dealt with to stop the win farming.[/QU

i agree with it and i shall explain why: the night before last i had it done to me i was solo, no team i was teaching new players how to play the game (which i have been doing a lot of lately) anyway because there was 2 they over rides my double income , normal, wither vote, so now i found myself having to teach them how to defend against this nonsense, there was 3 the other side 2 obs and a lapis all trying to farm me! first off i thought the cheek of it!!! after they goes oh hiya hc lol anyway i can play this game cant i! but even i struggled with my new players ( i was trying to teach) i won the game but that was only because of my vast knowledge of this game and i used the wither to my advantage but let me say now, i myself had no coins to be able to kill our own wither successfully. and i did not use any attack strat because all my coins went into going into towers, because i knew the wither was coming.

Reactions: Kloska and Livvv

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I'm in favor of removing hardcore mode. It's not like the community wanted it in the first place and I also think that another mob would just take its place as Quetzi said. However, the players who have farmed wins have already moved up the leader-boards quite substantially. Even if hardcore is removed, I don't feel like new players could ever truly catch up at this point. Regardless of whether players can catch up or not, the game should at least be fun for players again. That said, I think that Tower Defence's community doesn't have a chance to grow competitively if players don't feel like they can get on the leader-boards. Despite my position and stats, I wouldn't mind seeing them rolled back for the sake of the community's future. Feel free to discuss whether you agree with me or not. Either way, hardcore mode should probably be removed.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I'm in favor of removing hardcore mode. It's not like the community wanted it in the first place and I also think that another mob would just take its place as Quetzi said. However, the players who have farmed wins have already moved up the leader-boards quite substantially. Even if hardcore is removed, I don't feel like new players could ever truly catch up at this point. Regardless of whether players can catch up or not, the game should at least be fun for players again. That said, I think that Tower Defence's community doesn't have a chance to grow competitively if players don't feel like they can get on the leader-boards. Despite my position and stats, I wouldn't mind seeing them rolled back for the sake of the community's future. Feel free to discuss whether you agree with me or not. Either way, hardcore mode should probably be removed.
Well, at least it's not like on lucky islands, duels, skywars, sg or similar when people got over 5k wins so people would probably be able to catch up if they wanted to.

Reactions: ymbmg

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Well, at least it's not like on lucky islands, duels, skywars, sg or similar when people got over 5k wins so people would probably be able to catch up if they wanted to.

Fgeto has something like 4,000+ wins. If hardcore is removed, then players won't be able to gain wins using his previous method in order to catch up. They'll still be behind substantially, and I don't think that this is good for the future of the game. If you ask me, it's hard to be competitively interested in Tower Defence right now. Most players that knew how to play either left when the 2017 update happened or stuck around to farm wins. Even if you can ignore the win gap, players still have to deal with the fact that during most games, at least one player on their team will misplace towers. I don't think that any new players will be able to develop a passion about Tower Defence as it is. I think that real renovations are necessary for a genuine increase of popularity, but I'll stay focused on the matters at hand for now.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Fgeto has something like 4,000+ wins. If hardcore is removed, then players won't be able to gain wins using his previous method in order to catch up. They'll still be behind substantially, and I don't think that this is good for the future of the game. If you ask me, it's hard to be competitively interested in Tower Defence right now. Most players that knew how to play either left when the 2017 update happened or stuck around to farm wins. Even if you can ignore the win gap, players still have to deal with the fact that during most games, at least one player on their team will misplace towers. I don't think that any new players will be able to develop a passion about Tower Defence as it is. I think that real renovations are necessary for a genuine increase of popularity, but I'll stay focused on the matters at hand for now.
I got around 400 wins, I almost never play TD but it took me just a few days to get around 100 wins and that was just fair playing, I think if someone really wanted to, they could catch up but it's hard to keep going it you notice how the leaderboard players keep getting wins so fast.

Reactions: Kloska and ymbmg

Shyry

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2017
At My Desk
www.cubecraft.net
Probably a thread about this already but... this gamemode have to be removed or at least change a bit.

I heard people talking about players with obsidian rank joining the game, voting for quick start and hardcore mode, I thought that it wasn't a that big problem since I haven't played Tower Defence for a while but I just played a game and some other people with obi rank voted for hardcore and jeez, it was so boring, lame and annoying.

A lot of people use this to farm wins now and it's so hard to defend your castle against this since if it's also quick start, then people can buy zombiepigmen and send them in the start which is impossible to defend against with towers because you don't have time to build because it take a bit longer to build when it's hardcore so you have to kill them with sword and you are not able to send monters to the other team, not able to build anything, not able to just enjoy the game.

So please do something about this so people can enjoy the game more.

My suggestion is to either remove this gamemode or maybe fix the time on the towerbuilding. Would also make the waiting time to be able to send monsters longer.

I see your points entirely about this, something should be done about it I'll not lie, however I am using this to get wins at the moment, and according to @Cynamooo this isn't win farming as, they said win farming is using alts to fill lobbies and beating them for easy wins, it is just using a element of the game that needs to be balanced to your own advantage as the majority of players including yourself are unsure how to defend against it. Which leads me to what Kloska said...

Just a tip how to easy defend it. And some of my thoughts.
Put a poison tower lvl 4, path 1 at the start of the game. Place it at the start of the 'line' (idk what it's called). The pigmen will be at 3 bars at the 3/4 of the 'line'. Just put a few artillery there to finish the pigmen. After a few games of td, playing both with and against those kind of players I've learned. It's not too hard to defend.
But I still agree. This way to farm wins should be stoped in some way. If removing hardcore is the right thing to balance it... idk. I'd rather see the pigmens nerfed in some way. Maybe removed from hardcore.

Using the level 4 poison, top path at the start of the mob route works well, accompany this with an ice tower at the start, and maybe some throughout the route (however this is not necessary), near your castle placing 2 level 4 artillery towers or 3 level 3 artillery towers will kill the pigmen easily. If they are then sent with witches, inferno AOE the witches like done in normal game-mode to kill the witches quickly and then the pigmen will die again. This would not work with level 5 pigmen with level 5 witches however most teams would usually switch to blazes or cave spiders if the initial pigmen rush did not work. If there is any other concerns you have about this rush I'd be willing to try and help with them as I know how to do this as well as defend it.

Furthermore, the hardcore game-mode does need to be redone, however so does most things in TD, for example pigmen only have the use which is stated above of the hardcore rush. However in normal it is easy to rush with level 4 skeletons and these are even harder to defend against than pigmen. I do not believe hardcore should be removed, but I do believe it should be changed, I like the idea that you can only send 5 mobs at the start and the castle guards are now in at the start. However the slow tower building doesn't need to be changed it is meant to make the game harder and if you didn't not prepare for certain mobs then players will use this against you, this is what makes hardcore fun, you need to work as a team and prepare for all types of mobs before it is too late. However working is a team helps in hardcore and this is hard to do when you have new players on your team, which is why I believe the ranking system stated above in @ymbmg 's post would be a good idea, or just add a feature which doesn't allow teammates to build off the 3x3 grid or place 5x5 towers on 3x3 spots as this is extremely infuriating for experienced players, or also make players watch the tutorial before playing a game this may possibly work and include a feature already in the game.

I could keep going on the issue of TD as the amount of problems are building up continuously due to lack of interest (seemingly) by developers and other staff.

Thank you for your time for reading this if you have any other problems message me on discord (found in my signature) or just message me via the website and I'll respond as soon as possible. - Sincerely, Shyry123

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I see your points entirely about this, something should be done about it I'll not lie, however I am using this to get wins at the moment, and according to @Cynamooo this isn't win farming as, they said win farming is using alts to fill lobbies and beating them for easy wins, it is just using a element of the game that needs to be balanced to your own advantage as the majority of players including yourself are unsure how to defend against it. Which leads me to what Kloska said...

Using the level 4 poison, top path at the start of the mob route works well, accompany this with an ice tower at the start, and maybe some throughout the route (however this is not necessary), near your castle placing 2 level 4 artillery towers or 3 level 3 artillery towers will kill the pigmen easily. If they are then sent with witches, inferno AOE the witches like done in normal game-mode to kill the witches quickly and then the pigmen will die again. This would not work with level 5 pigmen with level 5 witches however most teams would usually switch to blazes or cave spiders if the initial pigmen rush did not work. If there is any other concerns you have about this rush I'd be willing to try and help with them as I know how to do this as well as defend it.

Furthermore, the hardcore game-mode does need to be redone, however so does most things in TD, for example pigmen only have the use which is stated above of the hardcore rush. However in normal it is easy to rush with level 4 skeletons and these are even harder to defend against than pigmen. I do not believe hardcore should be removed, but I do believe it should be changed, I like the idea that you can only send 5 mobs at the start and the castle guards are now in at the start. However the slow tower building doesn't need to be changed it is meant to make the game harder and if you didn't not prepare for certain mobs then players will use this against you, this is what makes hardcore fun, you need to work as a team and prepare for all types of mobs before it is too late. However working is a team helps in hardcore and this is hard to do when you have new players on your team, which is why I believe the ranking system stated above in @ymbmg 's post would be a good idea, or just add a feature which doesn't allow teammates to build off the 3x3 grid or place 5x5 towers on 3x3 spots as this is extremely infuriating for experienced players, or also make players watch the tutorial before playing a game this may possibly work and include a feature already in the game.

I could keep going on the issue of TD as the amount of problems are building up continuously due to lack of interest (seemingly) by developers and other staff.

Thank you for your time for reading this if you have any other problems message me on discord (found in my signature) or just message me via the website and I'll respond as soon as possible. - Sincerely, Shyry123
Well, it's a way to get fast wins which I would count as farming even if you can't get punished for it.

I used to say that I farm wins on games when I was just tryharding and wanted more and more wins and tried to find fast ways to get it but I later notice that it's better to just enjoy the game and you don't get anything out from "farming".

It annoy me that TD have changed so much, they added new modes, new options for the income and new options for armageddon. That's things that didn't had to be added since the old TD was actually pretty good. I still don't think they should go back but a hardcore mode shouldn't be a option since this just make players mad and ranked players will get on the leaderboard without deserving it.

Reactions: Shyry

Shyry

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2017
At My Desk
www.cubecraft.net
Well, it's a way to get fast wins which I would count as farming even if you can't get punished for it.

I used to say that I farm wins on games when I was just tryharding and wanted more and more wins and tried to find fast ways to get it but I later notice that it's better to just enjoy the game and you don't get anything out from "farming".

It annoy me that TD have changed so much, they added new modes, new options for the income and new options for armageddon. That's things that didn't had to be added since the old TD was actually pretty good. I still don't think they should go back but a hardcore mode shouldn't be a option since this just make players mad and ranked players will get on the leaderboard without deserving it.

At least we have found something we both agree on. I think they should keep the hardcore mode, but maybe also add something like a classical mode. I previously stated why I like hardcore mode so I'll not go into that again.

I do believe most of the changes are okay I don't mind the new armageddon modes, however Horde should be changed for hardcore mode as it is practically impossible to defend and it is whoever speeds/freezes the opponents horde usually wins. Most of the players on the leaderboard got on there without using this rush technique however it does let them maintain their place on it, I'm aware everyone on the wins leaderboard has used this strategy at least once, as I've been in games with them all where it has been done, sadly Vossie doesn't play any more and that spot will likely be taken by someone who uses this technique or a similar one. However with these techniques around I do not see why players wouldn't use them as people, including myself, would rather end the game quicker and get the same income as if I were to spend an additional 10-20mins in the game, and the only benefit from this is the extra summons you get which is only useful if you are going for the summoners leaderboard.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
At least we have found something we both agree on. I think they should keep the hardcore mode, but maybe also add something like a classical mode. I previously stated why I like hardcore mode so I'll not go into that again.

I do believe most of the changes are okay I don't mind the new armageddon modes, however Horde should be changed for hardcore mode as it is practically impossible to defend and it is whoever speeds/freezes the opponents horde usually wins. Most of the players on the leaderboard got on there without using this rush technique however it does let them maintain their place on it, I'm aware everyone on the wins leaderboard has used this strategy at least once, as I've been in games with them all where it has been done, sadly Vossie doesn't play any more and that spot will likely be taken by someone who uses this technique or a similar one. However with these techniques around I do not see why players wouldn't use them as people, including myself, would rather end the game quicker and get the same income as if I were to spend an additional 10-20mins in the game, and the only benefit from this is the extra summons you get which is only useful if you are going for the summoners leaderboard.
If you agree with this being bad, why do you keep using it them? Play fair instead.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Like I just said I do not see the point in playing a long game for the same outcome, it is not beneficial.
It's still not fair for people without rank who can't even vote. And if you get on the leaderboard, you don't deserve it at all.

Shyry

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2017
At My Desk
www.cubecraft.net
It's still not fair for people without rank who can't even vote. And if you get on the leaderboard, you don't deserve it at all.

The majority of my wins aren't from this technique anyway I only started playing vanilla and cube like a month ago because I played modded for around 5-6 months I've got 1090 wins or so as if typing this, and I just said most aren't from this technique

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
The majority of my wins aren't from this technique anyway I only started playing vanilla and cube like a month ago because I played modded for around 5-6 months I've got 1090 wins or so as if typing this, and I just said most aren't from this technique
You said that most of your wins are from you being afk in parties with people who use this or other rush techniques.

Shyry

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2017
At My Desk
www.cubecraft.net
You said that most of your wins are from you being afk in parties with people who use this or other rush techniques.

When? and yes some of mine are but not most. I got most before I came back to vanilla

Also this becoming more of an argument and less relevant to the issues with TD so I'm not going to reply from here onwards, message me in a conversation or on discord if you would like to carry this on.

fgeto

Jun 27, 2014
its really easy to defend maybe play with a better team or learn how to play.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
its really easy to defend maybe play with a better team or learn how to play.
Fun how you just try to blame it on that, you just want to be able to keep farming, we all know that.

People don't enjoy the game at all now and you get nothing from farming wins like this. The leaderboard is not even worth it just by keep doing this since you ruin the game for other people, it's pretty selfish to even play like this,

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Top Bottom