Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I have about $900 saved and I will be getting a new PC that I can call my own. My mom has limited me to buying from BestBuy because that is the only computer store she feels safe with (because she is a paranoid old bat). I have already picked out a PC with the help of multiple friends.

The PC is on the BestBuy website labeled as: [CyberPowerPC - Gamer Ultra Desktop - AMD FX-Series - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 480 - 2TB Hard Drive - (the color it will be, and I want it to be black).]

Now I have to pick a monitor. Everyone is saying I should get the 27" monitor, but if I do I wouldn't have room for 2 monitors which is also being recommended by people. In the future my setup's location will change, but for now... I'm limited to a 3x3 ft. area. Upon searching [27" monitor] on BestBuy.com, I have come across multiple different company brands to chose from...

Which one is best? Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, ViewSonic, HP, BenQ, LG... It probably actually help to have the link. Here.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

I don't understand any of this nerd talk about resolutions and ms response time. Is a bigger or higher number better for both? Idk. Halp...

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
I don't understand any of this nerd talk about resolutions and ms response time. Is a bigger or higher number better for both? Idk. Halp...
people usually refer to resolution as the amount of pixels in a monitor. most are 1920x1080 (or 1080p) thats pretty much the standard. response time is the amount of time it takes for the image the computer sends to the monitor to appear on it. lower is better, but aslong as its 5ms or under the difference isn't really noticable unless you're into really competitive games.

also, if you don't have enough space for two 27" monitors you can get one big 27" one and a slightly smaller one as a secondary. I've had that setup for ages now and it's great.

As for monitor brand, it doesn't matter too much. I've heard samsung is pretty reliable, but I personally use an Asus and an iiyama monitor. Look up some reviews or get a less useless forum member to help you choose.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Give me $20 and you will get a GTX 1080..

Asus btw
people usually refer to resolution as the amount of pixels in a monitor. most are 1920x1080 (or 1080p) thats pretty much the standard. response time is the amount of time it takes for the image the computer sends to the monitor to appear on it. lower is better, but aslong as its 5ms or under the difference isn't really noticable unless you're into really competitive games.

also, if you don't have enough space for two 27" monitors you can get one big 27" one and a slightly smaller one as a secondary. I've had that setup for ages now and it's great.

As for monitor brand, it doesn't matter too much. I've heard samsung is pretty reliable, but I personally use an Asus and an iiyama monitor. Look up some reviews or get a less useless forum member to help you choose.

Wow thanks! Will do.

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
I wouldn't bother getting anything above a 24 inch monitor if you will be staying with 1080p. A 27 inch monitor with only 1920x1080 means you will easily be able to see the lower resolution. Only get bigger monitors if you are gonna get 1440p or higher.

Edit - Also this is a really good resource for picking monitors based on your budget - http://www.logicalincrements.com/#/monitors

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
I wouldn't bother getting anything above a 24 inch monitor if you will be staying with 1080p. A 27 inch monitor with only 1920x1080 means you will easily be able to see the lower resolution. Only get bigger monitors if you are gonna get 1440p or higher.

Edit - Also this is a really good resource for picking monitors based on your budget - http://www.logicalincrements.com/#/monitors
I have a 28" 1080p monitor, and as long as I turn on anti-aliasing or use supersampling I can barely notice the difference between my 28" and 24" in terms of resolution. It still looks great on the 28" one.
And even on a smaller monitor you shouldn't play without turning on some kind of anti-aliasing or your eyes might start to melt.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America

Oh god, you're scaring me... Is this okay? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/benq-gl2760h-27-led-hd-monitor-glossy-black/4648606.p?skuId=4648606 < This is the monitor I'm kind of favoring because it it has a 2 ms speed, a 5 star review, and is cheaper than the other ones I narrowed down (which was samsung and another BenQ 4 ms response speed monitor).

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
Oh god, you're scaring me... Is this okay? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/benq-gl2760h-27-led-hd-monitor-glossy-black/4648606.p?skuId=4648606 < This is the monitor I'm kind of favoring because it it has a 2 ms speed, a 5 star review, and is cheaper than the other ones I narrowed down (which was samsung and another BenQ 4 ms response speed monitor).
That monitor has a glossy finish on it which I personally do not like but that's all personal preference. It doesn't really affect the quality, it just becomes harder to see when there's light behind it.
And as I mentioned, with the right settings the slightly lower resolution of bigger monitor isn't an issue.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
As Mac said, a 27 inch monitor at 1080p means bigger pixels, and basically lower resolution.
That monitor has a glossy finish on it which I personally do not like but that's all personal preference. It doesn't really affect the quality, it just becomes harder to see when there's light behind it.
And as I mentioned, with the right settings the slightly lower resolution of bigger monitor isn't an issue.

Okay to be honest I didn't like the glossy either, but it has a lower response time... None of the other monitors at bestbuy have that low of a response time. I don't know... Maybe I should just buy the Samsung; it has a 4 ms response time but people be saying it's reliable.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
Okay to be honest I didn't like the glossy either, but it has a lower response time... None of the other monitors at bestbuy have that low of a response time. I don't know... Maybe I should just buy the Samsung; it has a 4 ms response time but people be saying it's reliable.
Unless you're planning on becomind a CS:GO esports god, 4ms isn't bad at all. My 24" monitor is 1ms but my 28" one is I think 6, and I can hardly tell the difference in 99% of games.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
Unless you're planning on becomind a CS:GO esports god, 4ms isn't bad at all. My 24" monitor is 1ms but my 28" one is I think 6, and I can hardly tell the difference in 99% of games.

Oh okay, lmao. What do you like better (not taking into consideration the ms): the 24" or the 27"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Reesle wrote on Maximal20's profile.
Happy Birthday!
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Muhh's profile.
MADRID ON TOP ???
Top Bottom