• Once in ten games

• Very rarely

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
Hey, I love this server, but lately, it is so very bad.
Is your anti-cheat even on???
I meet a hacker in every other game of egg wars!
I have never seen anyone getting banned for hacks in the server, hell this day was the first that I saw an admin in the actual game (zDutchie).

The server is full of hackers and if somebody is unable to record his own games (as me) there is no way to report these hackers or teams.

How can you demand a video evidence when its Minecraft? I mean I'm sure half of the people on the server are glad that they can run the game itself and you want us to run some recording software as well?

I don't know who made this rule, but maybe you should reconsider. Like why isn't a picture of two other colours (in solo egg wars) on the same island shopping next to each other a sufficient evidence? Or why isn't a picture of a player who is flying sufficient evidence?

I did even write a staff application, so I could ban these nasty hackers myself, but nobody got back to me.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Pictures evidence can be easily faked.

And your application was rejected probably because you have barely any messages here.

Last edited:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
First @zDutchie isn't an admin, But a helper

Second, the anti-cheat works in waves and needs to learn a lot of things.

Third, you can also record them by yourself, and report them at https://reports.cubecraft.net

And What @CREAM said, your Staff application might be rejected because you haven't enough messages.

You need more than 100 messages to apply.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I did even write a staff application, so I could ban these nasty hackers myself, but nobody got back to me.
And your application was rejected probably because you have barely any messages here.
Q: I am not active on the forums, would that affect my chances?
A: This does affect your chances of becoming a helper. Being part of the team means you will have to monitor both forums and in-game, you will have duties on the forums such as: looking through suggestions, checking for bug reports and assisting players who are lost or have issues and questions that requires a staff member to look into. We generally do not accept helper applications from players with less than 100 messages on the forums.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Old example I've given players about wanting picture evidence when they can not get a video evidence:

Example:

I took out my paper bag and dropped it near some litter by accident, someone takes a picture and reports it to the police saying I littered cause it look as though I threw it. What he didn't capture with the picture is that I picked my rubbish up and threw it in the bin.
I get fined because "it's obvious" I was littering.

That's the same thing you're implying.
Without clear video evidence, staff wouldn't know the story behind the picture. They have to inspect the video making sure the player really is breaking the rules. It's precaution and they do not want to punish an innocent player.

Quote taken from: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/s...red-in-certain-situations.133157/#post-560171
-
To add on about the staff application regarding the messages, quality > quantity.
Commonly asked questions and FAQ here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-app-faq.187013/#post-805461
As the others have already stated, It could be due to not having much activities on the forums, try getting to know others, give opinions on threads or any contribution on that matter.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Neither of your messages doesn't answer my question :)

@CREAM read my message before replying total nonsense
@ItsDavey_ same

Well you did mention an application you made, so I made it clear to you why it got rejected. And you asked why pictures aren't acceptable, and I have you answer. Clear enough?

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
Old example I've given players about wanting picture evidence when they can not get a video evidence:

Example:

I took out my paper bag and dropped it near some litter by accident, someone takes a picture and reports it to the police saying I littered cause it look as though I threw it. What he didn't capture with the picture is that I picked my rubbish up and threw it in the bin.
I get fined because "it's obvious" I was littering.

That's the same thing you're implying.
Without clear video evidence, staff wouldn't know the story behind the picture. They have to inspect the video making sure the player really is breaking the rules. It's precaution and they do not want to punish an innocent player.

Quote taken from: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/s...red-in-certain-situations.133157/#post-560171
-
To add on about the staff application regarding the messages, quality > quantity.
Commonly asked questions and FAQ here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-app-faq.187013/#post-805461
As the others have already stated, It could be due to not having much activities on the forums, try getting to know others, give opinions on threads or any contribution on that matter.
Yeah, I got that, But how Am I supposed to report a hacker when I CANT record my games?

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hey, I love this server, but lately, it is so very bad.
Is your anti-cheat even on???
I meet a hacker in every other game of egg wars!
I have never seen anyone getting banned for hacks in the server, hell this day was the first that I saw an admin in the actual game (zDutchie).

The server is full of hackers and if somebody is unable to record his own games (as me) there is no way to report these hackers or teams.

How can you demand a video evidence when its Minecraft? I mean I'm sure half of the people on the server are glad that they can run the game itself and you want us to run some recording software as well?

I don't know who made this rule, but maybe you should reconsider. Like why isn't a picture of two other colours (in solo egg wars) on the same island shopping next to each other a sufficient evidence? Or why isn't a picture of a player who is flying sufficient evidence?

Hello

The reason Why you must to have a video evidence is because some people Will make fake reports. There are many people that report hacker, but the most of them (that I know) play skywars and If we see a hackers report we him/her. There are many teamers and we can use some help.

Good that you want to be a staff member for helping cubecraft. I don't think that you must to have a minimum messages.

I think that cc_sentinel does great work. Not all of the hackers can't he ban, but the most.

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
Lol, CREAM, you are slowly making my day funnier. My whole point is that I see hackers literary every other game and Sentinel is not picking it up. Also in some of the games, I had a lot of guys with ranks, do you think that they reported the Gold rank hacker? No, they did not! I even asked them if they would be so nice and recorded that and posted it here. The replies I got: nah, its my friend, and silence.

I have a piece of paper in front of me with like 20/30 names of hackers that I met in my games, but it's completely useless!

You see, when I was an admin on an unnamed Minecraft server (years ago) we had this little nice command - /admin - and this would list all the admins online and you would have an option to call an admin to yourself with a message about what's going on.

This way people could call out hackers live in the game. An admin would tp to the actual game server and see for himself if they are hacking, and if yes ban him on the spot.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Lol, CREAM, you are slowly making my day funnier. My whole point is that I see hackers literary every other game and Sentinel is not picking it up. Also in some of the games, I had a lot of guys with ranks, do you think that they reported the Gold rank hacker? No, they did not! I even asked them if they would be so nice and recorded that and posted it here. The replies I got: nah, its my friend, and silence.

I have a piece of paper in front of me with like 20/30 names of hackers that I met in my games, but it's completely useless!

You see, when I was an admin on an unnamed Minecraft server (years ago) we had this little nice command - /admin - and this would list all the admins online and you would have an option to call an admin to yourself with a message about what's going on.

This way people could call out hackers live in the game. An admin would tp to the actual game server and see for himself if they are hacking, and if yes ban him on the spot.

Glad I'm making your day funnier.

If you're asking for a /report, I'll tell you, it doesn't work. As staff can only go to games like FFA or Assassins to spectate the player, to my knowledge. So it's pretty pointless. Not to mention, how many people can't even identify hacks, or abuse the command to talk to staff. The command use to be a thing, but it's been removed with good reason. Also, Sentinel is improving over time, and I'm sure some of the names you wrote down are already banned. Just enjoy your game, do what you can to help, and relax.

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
Today, I have played a few Eggwars games. In every game, there was one (or more) hacker(s).
:(
See? The situation is very real! Thanks for posting this man :)
Aint it just horrible? Most of the time I clear my neighbours, get to mid first and stuff. Then when I'm fully equipped I get killed by a guy on a bridge because he can't be knocked off?!
Just ultra nice after playing like 15/20 game to lose in a single second cause of hacks!

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, I got that, But how Am I supposed to report a hacker when I CANT record my games?
Than do you have a Great problem and can't you report hackers/other rulebreakers. You can download a free recording program, as bandicam,OBS...
I think, But I am not sure that if you have much screenshots that Some staff members will Accept that.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium

That is bad to hear that There are so many hackers. I thought that cubecraft was a server with less hackers, But don't worry. We have many people that report them and Some extra help is always welcome;). It is already many times suggested for adding a command that you can say to a staff member that {player name} is hacking and that the staff member Will look, But staff members have also a life and Somethimes they also want to play for the fun.

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
Glad I'm making your day funnier.

If you're asking for a /report, I'll tell you, it doesn't work. As staff can only go to games like FFA or Assassins to spectate the player, to my knowledge. So it's pretty pointless. Not to mention, how many people can't even identify hacks, or abuse the command to talk to staff. The command use to be a thing, but it's been removed with good reason. Also, Sentinel is improving over time, and I'm sure some of the names you wrote down are already banned. Just enjoy your game, do what you can to help, and relax.

I guess I could take a while and chill out, but you need to understand how very frustrating is the fact that I played 5 games today, should have won all of them but didn't win single one cuz of anti/knockbacks and kill auras

And yeah the /report command seems to do the trick. Hey, I understand that this server is huge. And that a lot of new players start here with Minecraft online and stuff. But this only makes my point stronger. You see I think that this server doesn't have enough in-game administrators compared to the player base. So the command /report wouldn't work because there are so many players online compared to admins only at a given time.

But what if you would limit the use of the command to like twice per day? Then the players without the ability to record their games would have some way to get the hackers banned! And the server would become a LOT cleaner in literary days if the admins would do their job quickly enough.

Dan4k

Jun 4, 2017
That is bad to hear that There are so many hackers. I thought that cubecraft was a server with less hackers, But don't worry. We have many people that report them and Some extra help is always welcome;). It is already many times suggested for adding a command that you can say to a staff member that {player name} is hacking and that the staff member Will look, But staff members have also a life and Somethimes they also want to play for the fun.

I'm currently running the game on Acer TravelMate B115-M, if I would turn on OBS the laptop would explode :)

Reactions: GeldHaftige

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I guess I could take a while and chill out, but you need to understand how very frustrating is the fact that I played 5 games today, should have won all of them but didn't win single one cuz of anti/knockbacks and kill auras

And yeah the /report command seemed to do the trick. Hey, I understand that this server is huge. And that a lot of new players start here with Minecraft online and stuff. But this only makes my point stronger. You see I think that this server doesn't have enough in-game administrators compared to the player base. So the command /report would work, or it would just get spammed.

But what if you would limit the use of the command to like twice per day? Then the players without the ability to record their games would have some way to get the hackers banned! And the server would become a LOT cleaner in literary days if the admins would do their job quickly enough.

I understand how frustrating rule breakers are. It was the worst before Sentinel came along. The server's staff team is pretty small when compared to the player base, but good staffs are hard to come by. Personally, I rather have a staff member who knows what they are doing than a staff member simply for the sake of presence. But in the last few months, Cube has been hiring more staff. We've gotten like, 7 (?) helpers in the past few months. And several of them are already promoted to the moderator status. Dunno about the /report command still. If it was going to be added, I don't want to have a limit on the amount of reports I can make. But it's hard for staff to really spectate hackers when they join a game. Staff cannot spectate hackers in games that are currently progressing unless they are in the same game. So... Yea. It's a difficult and frustrating situation to be in, but let's hope Sentinel will become out savior.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Welcome to cubecraft. Sentinel has made it a little better but realistically this server is just too good of a target for hackers so they're gonna keep coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #60-
A jiffy is an actual unit of time, equal to 1/100th of a second.
2 months of facts, WE ALL DID IT! 🎉
I am not sure if I will continue writing facts or quit them, but yay 2 months!
I was tired of searching for facts manually, so I used Chat-gpt today.
I think that I broke chat-gpt-
1000082425.jpg
1000082426.jpg
Reesle wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Basketman's profile.
Late happy birthday! Hope it was very good! 🎉🏀
Top Bottom