Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blqde

Jul 22, 2020
USA
In the latest eggwars update I noticed that Gold Ore was implemented. I've seen a few players use it in game however it feels like its a waste of gold to buy. The only real advantage I see would be that it takes slightly longer to mine but if you have a diamond pickaxe, it doesn't matter whether its endstone or gold ore, it will break the blocks in under two seconds. Are there any other uses for it? If there aren't then should it be removed from the game?

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I think the point of it was to make iron pickaxes more useful. The thing is that even with a stone pickax, it only takes like 3 seconds to mine. That along with the fact that it requires 32 iron to buy makes the iron pickax pretty useless, which leads me to think that the goal of using gold ore to make iron pickaxes useful failed, so I dont think that gold ore has any real purpose.

I don’t think it need’s to be removed though, as it’s not doing any harm, and hey, some players actually do use gold ore for an egg defense.

Thanks,
Owl

Reactions: Blqde

iLuvDqcks

Aug 6, 2020
So, I do think that gold was a good try, but not the best way of going about making an iron pickaxe viable. However, if we are going to have gold ore in the game, I think there should be a use for it other than egg defense because you rarely see that. I think that when breaking gold ore you should have the chance to earn 2 ingots instead of 1. Yes, that would make gold farmable, but the generators do that anyway. I haven't thought enough of the chances to provide an answer to that, but I think that would add a little functionality, especially if you are waiting for something.

Reactions: Blqde and 404Owl
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Top Bottom