Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hiya! :]

I am here to suggest a way to stop spam. Simply said, especially with the release of Freebuild, spam is running rampant in there. A way to stop this is simple - disallow a message (or similar) to be sent until 30 second to 1 minute has passed. There is a flaw in the anti-spam, which after more than three of one character/punctuation is sent, the system still recognises it as "not spam", and sends it, though it sends the same message.

I do not see the use of sending the same message twice within a short time span (if there is, be sure to comment it), as 99% of the time, it would be for blatant spam.

Thank you for reading.

- Youn. :]

Reactions: BlueMoon475

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I don't like this idea most of the time when I'm talking with someone in the lobby or even in game it only takes about 10 secs between messages and this cool down would become very annoying
I don't think you understand. As in, if I were to send a message, I won't be able to send a message similar to it.

RynezDev

Forum Professional
Dec 1, 2015
test
Well...
You can just disable global chat... (Like i do xD)

But I agree. +1

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Its a good idea.
The only problems are that legit players may get affected (e.g: friends having fun with who can say more of the same word)
And people may still be able to bypass it by changing their post, spamming something like:
"Join MIneShart, Its really cool!"
and
"MineShart is cool so join!"

If you can figure out how to solve those issues, +1!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom