Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should "ghosting" be treated as cross teaming?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
When you "ghost" (type in chat information that helps other players win such as player location, chest location, and item location) in global chat you are essentially cross teaming by helping other players win a game that are not on your team. So I think we should be able to report people who "ghost" in global chat for cross teaming. This would be treated exactly like cross teaming and require a warning and result in a teaming punishment.

Tell me what you guys think ♡ It just makes a lot of sense to me that "ghosting" be considered cross teaming ♡

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
This cant be punished simply because cubecraft would have to invade the homes of 30k players

Its not even cross teaming if its to your own team

U

Unipotato

There are so many other ways that people can ghost, like if they are on a Skype call, Discord, etc. This would mean that not a lot of players would be punished, because of all the other ways of communication.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
There are so many other ways that people can ghost, like if they are on a Skype call, Discord, etc. This would mean that not a lot of players would be punished, because of all the other ways of communication.
This would only be for players who ghost in global chat or players who /tell players that previously weren't on their team. ♡ Right now 0 players are being punished for ghosting so I don't think that's a problem :3

U

Unipotato

I don't hunk that's a problem :3

Wahahahahahah
This would only be for players who ghost in global chat or players who /tell players that previously weren't on their team. ♡ Right now 0 players are being punished for ghosting so I don't hunk that's a problem :3

This would mean that some players would be punished and others wouldn't, which would be unfair.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Wahahahahahah

This would mean that some players would be punished and others wouldn't, which would be unfair.
I blame auto correct :P

Anyway currently many players who commit targeted chat offenses go unpunished as well :P If someone were to get on cubecraft teamspeak right now and swear and insult someone even with a warning they would not be punished unless a moderator was in the call so I think, in a way, the same applies to ghosting.

U

Unipotato

I blame auto correct :p

Anyway currently many players who commit targeted chat offenses go unpunished as well :p If someone were to get on cubecraft teamspeak right now and swear and insult someone even with a warning they would not be punished unless a moderator was in the call so I think, in a way, the same applies to ghosting.

Yeah... Lemme go change my vote xD

Reactions: Power Ranger

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Tough one. What CubeCraft could do is make it so people who have died can't type in global chat at all, therefore they can't ghost. But the problem with that is that people who just skype each other will have an advantage. That is why I think ghosting shouldn't be punishable, so people who call each other don't have an advantage.
Also, people who ghost are likely to just type stuff like "he's camping on the tree" so in a way it reduces the numbers of those annoying campers which is pretty cool IMO.

Reactions: Power Ranger

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
That seems way to complicated
How is this complicated?
If someone gets salty and starts helping another team because you killed them, it's not fair and should absolutely be reported. If you miss some ghosting through /tell and say "oh its unfair because they can get away", consider the fact that not all hackers are punished, which could also be considered "unfair".

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
by helping other players win a game that are not on your team.
who ever said we were helping other teams
So I think we should be able to report people who "ghost"
the problem with that is what that let's say somebody is hiding without ghosting chances are nobody will find them without it

other contexts make this flawed plus there are already a LOT of reports which makes it harder to accept them

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
How is this complicated?
If someone gets salty and starts helping another team because you killed them, it's not fair and should absolutely be reported. If you miss some ghosting through /tell and say "oh its unfair because they can get away", consider the fact that not all hackers are punished, which could also be considered "unfair".
That makes sense in chat but dosent it seem unfair that if you ghost in chat you get punished but if you skype or yell across the room you dont? That dosent seem practical its way to easy to bypass

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
you are not only helping your team but others as well
Well, if you start helping the OTHER teams by ghosting or just help your team in solo gamemodes, sure I'd like to get them punished BUT;
It's hard to prove as you can also ghost over Skype / TS / Discord / etc.
+ I feel like it's not worth reporting ghosters as they most likely receive a one day ban aswell.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Let me join Team Blue and call some people on Discord. Because Team Blue is full each one of my friends join a different Team. If one dies he helps the other.
No one would never know we were ghosting...... ;D

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Hello! How much xp still needed for level 315?
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Top Bottom