Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which kind of things would you like to get from reporting people?

• Experience points

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Vanity points

Votes: 1 20.0%
    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Another kind of points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

potato juice

Feb 14, 2016
belgium
Getting In-Game stuff from reports

I have an idea that would help everyone that likes reporting rule breakers...

We could get some XP on the server, like 100 XP for every person that you got banned or reported.
Maybe we could get Cubelets or (vanity) points. Maybe add another kind of points? If this idea would be added, it would encourage people to report unwanted players, and will also make CubeCraft a better place.

Hopefully you guys will like this idea, and will be added..

Thanks if you help this idea!

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
John-Krasinski-no.gif

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You shouldn't be rewarded for getting someone muted or banned. You report rule breakers for yourself and the community to make CubeCraft a rule breaker-less server. I don't agree.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
If you have enoug fantasy this is already ingame...(a lot of fantasy)
You report hackers so there are less hackers. Less Hackers means more matches won. More matches won equals more points. More points mean happy players...

Reactions: CommunistCactus

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
If people only reports, because they will be rewarded, they are pathetic.
I need not to be rewarded, you do it because you hate rule breakers, and you want to make cubecraft a better place!

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
This might be against the EULA @Younisco is it....
Parker, how many times have you tagged him. I mean, I think we've established giving points would be against the EULA. However, vanity points are totally different.
Either way, I completely disagree with this suggestion - I mean it would probably just drive up false reports if you ask me.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Rewarding Points: advantageous
Rewarding Vanity points: not advantageous
Rewarding Experience: not advantageous
Rewarding Cubelets: not advantageous

I don't see why people are disagreeing this heavily with this suggestion, as it's genuinely not a bad idea at all. Sure, it'd increase the posibility of false reports being made, increase the amounts of reports that don't have sufficient evidence, but it still encourages players somewhat to make reports.
If they make reports, they'd indirectly be helping the server. Why shouldn't they get a miniscule reward for it? I get it if it's not points, but why not some vanity related items, or experience? What's the harm in that?
I'm expecting people to say "well rewards for helping the server by way of reporting isn't good, because [insert opinion]!", and to that I say: Well, you help the server by buying ranks as well. In exchange, you get perks and permissions that regular players wouldn't get.
I can't find anything about rewarding players for reporting others being against the EULA, so you can link a specifically quoted selectiont to me if you've found it yourself.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I'd like to reiterate that this is against the EULA, and repeating that point isn't helping the idea if you're only saying that.

There are two problems that I have with this suggestion:

- Fake reporters will be more enticed to faking offences, such as people who use illegal modifications and swearing reports, to have their own personal advantage for points.
- Reporting a player and getting them banned should be a reward in itself. You have helped thousands of players not encounter those cheaters, and made the experience better for both yourself and for them.

If we move the idea to vanity points, although it doesn't coincide with the EULA's TOS, then it becomes unfair for donators who have spent money to get vanity points, where they could have gotten the same amount if they reported people.

This idea could be viable for some experience on the server? Experience doesn't really have a use until the higher levels where you get vanity items, as well as bragging rights.

A

A pigeon

I'd like to reiterate that this is against the EULA, and repeating that point isn't helping the idea if you're only saying that.

There are two problems that I have with this suggestion:

- Fake reporters will be more enticed to faking offences, such as people who use illegal modifications and swearing reports, to have their own personal advantage for points.
- Reporting a player and getting them banned should be a reward in itself. You have helped thousands of players not encounter those cheaters, and made the experience better for both yourself and for them.

If we move the idea to vanity points, although it doesn't coincide with the EULA's TOS, then it becomes unfair for donators who have spent money to get vanity points, where they could have gotten the same amount if they reported people.

This idea could be viable for some experience on the server? Experience doesn't really have a use until the higher levels where you get vanity items, as well as bragging rights.
So are you locking this or nah?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom