Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gunnar Horve

Aug 10, 2016
Getting Good (faking it)

There comes a point an EggWars player needs to ask themselves the hard questions. Questions like:

• “Should I fight this person now, or later?
  • “Can I beat this person in pvp?”
  • “Where do I fight this person?”
  • “When do I fight this person?”
  • “Am I actually bad at this game?”
  • “Why doesn’t cube’s anticheat $#@!ing work??”

Lucky for you, these questions all have an easy answer:

yB68DPS0Hx_9njX4YPjgYK6rz0rvA13vqqmjOxkWpblNFbzdUcFgbRwhvfqoGCjDc2dwAEAJntxL1054DrXjJ71Ka14uF95UFMF84XZqAFURGALB_22lov7Gap_nZeQN8qjY0eBd

Getting Good: the easiest way to win games​

Luckier for you, these questions also have a more useful answer: MATH

A Player’s skill level may be thought of as a normalized distribution. (a.k.a., fancy bell curves):
LR5GvS-ZeeoG4D17dMKlGbwjB-lRz0RdDhHB8R9nA4LBk7AQbl7tU6bQjPQ5DXzMOb59xz4KZfEgid5jg4tFJXcRi4lCznv0x8URQXBNxQuumc3CHVZyzY86__6uW-fRtJtiJ0HN

Example players red, blue​

In this drawing…
Red: average player, high variance. Sometimes plays great, sometimes plays terribly.
Blue: elite player, low variance. Almost always plays great, sometimes plays average.

If red were to fight blue, red would have a low chance of winning. It’s still possible, but not likely.

Unlikely win: Red does very good, blue does very bad​

In the case above, I would expect blue to win 19/20 fights. So, the question is: if I am red, do I almost always lose?

NO, you don’t. Lucky for us, eggwars isn’t a perfectly static game, like chess. If you want to win, you can do lots of things to change your chances of winning. In general, there are four ways to do this:

RRnkpfY.png

“But mystery post writer,” you object, “how is this useful?”

I’m glad you asked, disembodied dissenter. Knowing these 4 techniques allows you to improve your fighting strategy. Fighting isn’t the only part of eggwars, but it is a big part of it. After all: if no one else is alive, how can you lose?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timing is important

After reading the above 4 getting good techniques, you might be thinking to yourself: “this author is a genius. I’m going to do all of these things, every game. This will give me the best chance of winning.”

First: I am very smart, thank you
Second: Don’t do that, that is a bad idea

Everyone and their mother is trying to do at least some of those 4 techniques, every game. In order to win, you need to identify what techniques your opponent is using and kill them when you have an advantage. Some people call this cowardice. Some people are wrong.

Timing-Informed Strategy Examples:
-----------
You are randomly queued into a tea party game. There is a tryhard team on pink, and you have no teammates. You do not have the advantage right now. In this case I would suggest…
  • Getting an initial set of chain gear and diamond sword (increase your combat power)
  • Getting them to rush other people’s eggs (increasing their randomness)
Whenever pink would have enough people not at home, go for their egg. If you do it right, you’ve just made it so the pinks breaking eggs have to fight full teams, alone.
-----------
You are a very good player, and win almost all pvp fights. The game has just started. In this case I would suggest…
  • Rushing opponent’s bases (decreasing your opponent’s combat power)
  • Rushing any base that you saw get gems from mid (decrease your opponent’s combat power)
  • Getting gear when there are a few teams left (increasing your combat power)
-----------
There are two players left. You are in full iron, and a player in leather armour is hiding on a bridge. They are trying to increase your randomness in order to give themselves a chance of winning. In this case, I would suggest…
  • Buying TNT, or a bow to kill them (decrease your own randomness)
-----------

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-24_6-47-1.png
    upload_2019-6-24_6-47-1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 320
  • upload_2019-6-24_6-47-27.png
    upload_2019-6-24_6-47-27.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 334
  • upload_2019-6-24_6-48-10.png
    upload_2019-6-24_6-48-10.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I love the thread idea, but I'm confused on one point, how will installing hacks help ya, it'll most likely end up getting you banned. Edit: (Even though, you state "faking it", I don't think it'd be good to have that in there, judging how most people don't really read the information they'll probably end up overlooking this and end up using hacks because it was suggested by someone if they want to improve their combat skills.)

Reactions: Gunnar Horve

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I like this thread, I used to play Eggwars strategically in this way. Unfortunately the strategic aspect of the game seems to be disappearing in my opinion, most games are just OP items and half health and people rushing with leather and diamonds / strategic play is barely used.

Gunnar Horve

Aug 10, 2016
@Shallidor

You're right, that people mostly just rush mid now, and it limits strategy. There are some things you can still do, though.

When this happens to me, and I'm playing with a team, I like to grab 4-5 stacks of blocks, and lurk above the base of the team that rushed first. This usually freaks them out, and forces them to stall/slow down to kill me. I can usually last long enough for my teammates to grab gems/gear from mid.

Bonus points if you blow up the team's bridge that rushed, too

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
@Shallidor

You're right, that people mostly just rush mid now, and it limits strategy. There are some things you can still do, though.

When this happens to me, and I'm playing with a team, I like to grab 4-5 stacks of blocks, and lurk above the base of the team that rushed first. This usually freaks them out, and forces them to stall/slow down to kill me. I can usually last long enough for my teammates to grab gems/gear from mid.

Bonus points if you blow up the team's bridge that rushed, too

That's actually a great strategy to slow them down. I don't really have teammates to play with so it's usually just solo mode for me. My usual strategy is just don't care about my egg but invest in my gear, I go mid quickly to get some gear and a diamond sword and then either get more stacked or take out some threats first.

You can add me in game to play some eggwars together if you want, though I haven't been active on cubecraft lately (I just play a few hours a week).

Raam

Dec 25, 2017
Don't get the point. Getting better comes with playing. The more experience youve got, the better you are.
That is not really the truth. You know more of Minecraft, but if you are playing it for a long time... you are not instantly better.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom