Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 347571

Hello everyone

Maybe most people think this is a stupid question / suggestion but in my view it seemed like a good idea if Cubecraft would do something around George Floyd to show respect and also to make it clear that in this place people are also against this kind of violence. Now there will certainly be comments from people that these kind of threads don't belong on this kind of platform but i still thought it was a good idea to let people give their opinions themselves. I was thinking about the idea of creating a separate channel in cubecraft's discord server where there is a clear message about what happened so that everyone sees it. I think this was it, let me know what you think about this idea.

Edit by CubeCraft team:
[CubeCraft response here]

Last edited by a moderator:

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Maybe best we don't talk about that here since it might cause some unwanted drama across the forums.
Unwanted drama? Ban them. I don’t want to play along racists.
Disagree with this, this is not really our conversation to start or continue, we're a gaming platform and having channels to talk about something completely irrelevant to our network is just strange.
Perhaps not a channel, but the #blacklivesmatter hashtag somewhere on the forums.

D

Deleted member 347571

Disagree with this, this is not really our conversation to start or continue, we're a gaming platform and having channels to talk about something completely irrelevant to our network is just strange.
Well the channel doesn't have to be opened it could also be a channel where you can't type.

Reactions: KClights

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com
In my opinion, exposing young children to these events is not appropriate and it should be the duty and decision of their parents to inform their children about the ongoing situation. Those events are horrifying, of course, which is why it is not suitable for minors nor CubeCraft's responsibility. I am confident that everybody, including the CubeCraft staff, has a great deal of reverence and sympathy for George Floyd's relatives, just as much as we have.

D

Deleted member 347571

It is very sad what happened but this has nothing to do with Cubecraft. There are also a lot of young children playing on the server who do not want to be thrown into all this drama. I respect your idea, but I don't think it's a good idea.
i think there shouldn't be drama about this and yea it was supposed to be a thread to show respect for George.

Reactions: DeathMotion

KClights

Aug 25, 2017
USA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello everyone

Maybe most people think this is a stupid question / suggestion but in my view it seemed like a good idea if Cubecraft would do something around George Floyd to show respect and also to make it clear that in this place people are also against this kind of violence. Now there will certainly be comments from people that these kind of threads don't belong on this kind of platform but i still thought it was a good idea to let people give their opinions themselves. I was thinking about the idea of creating a separate channel in cubecraft's discord server where there is a clear message about what happened so that everyone sees it. I think this was it, let me know what you think about this idea.
I completely agree with you. Shows how much you care about black lives (:

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
In my opinion, exposing young children to these events is not appropriate and it should be the duty and decision of their parents to inform their children about the ongoing situation. Those events are horrifying, of course, which is why it is not suitable for minors nor CubeCraft's responsibility. Certainly as an entertainment platform, it is not a responsibility that CubeCraft should take on. I am confident that everybody, including the CubeCraft staff, has a great deal of reverence and sympathy for George Floyd 's relatives, just as much as we have.
Most email (which you need to sign up here) providers require you to be 13 to create an account. Discord requires you to be 13 (higher in some countries iirc) to sign up. Even to create a Mojang account, you need to be 13. While still minors, we aren’t talking about 6 years old, and should have enough maturity to handle a hashtag or George Floyd‘s picture.

Plus, let’s assume they are going against the law (CIA, FBI, NSA and even the KGB are looking for you, if you break this very important, highly-respected law), I don’t think having a small hashtag would do much harm. Many companies are doing it, showing respect for the black community, I don’t see why CubeCraft shouldn’t do it.
It is very sad what happened but this has nothing to do with Cubecraft. There are also a lot of young children playing on the server who do not want to be thrown into all this drama. I respect your idea, but I don't think it's a good idea.
71A4AB29-E822-4B35-9230-2E9647598B93.jpeg

:)

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Most email (which you need to sign up here) providers require you to be 13 to create an account. Discord requires you to be 13 (higher in some countries iirc) to sign up. Even to create a Mojang account, you need to be 13. While still minors, we aren’t talking about 6 years old, and should have enough maturity to handle a hashtag or George Floyd‘s picture.

Plus, let’s assume they are going against the law (CIA, FBI, NSA and even the KGB are looking for you, if you break this very important, highly-respected law), I don’t think having a small hashtag would do much harm. Many companies are doing it, showing respect for the black community, I don’t see why CubeCraft shouldn’t do it.

View attachment 166435
I don't understand why you should react that way.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net

View attachment 166435
I agree with this, although i guarantee that some people here changed their bdays to be over 13 on their account i feel like by doing that they signed up for stuff that could be shown to a 13 year old. I believe that something small could be a nice way to support a suffering community.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I agree with this, although i guarantee that some people here changed their bdays to be over 13 on their account i feel like by doing that they signed up for stuff that could be shown to a 13 year old. I feel like something small could be a nice way to support a suffering community.
let’s assume they are going against the law (CIA, FBI, NSA and even the KGB are looking for you, if you break this very important, highly-respected law), I don’t think having a small hashtag would do much harm. Many companies are doing it, showing respect for the black community, I don’t see why CubeCraft shouldn’t do it.

I don't understand why you should react that way.
In what way? The "If you're neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the opressor"? That's true, unlike Covid-19, we, CubeCraft, you and I, can make a difference

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com

Agreed, although CubeCraft is intended as an entertainment platform and in my opinion unsuitable for discussing topics like this. Of course, it is essential to show appreciation and respect and it is essential for such activities to be addressed - but it can also arrive badly for some and thereby generate unwanted discussions.

I don’t think having a small hashtag would do much harm. Many companies are doing it, showing respect for the black community, I don’t see why CubeCraft shouldn’t do it.

The creator of the thread suggested creating a new channel on discord for this topic, but a symbol/signal intended as a sign of respect would indeed not be misplaced at all.

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
In what way? The "If you're neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the opressor"? That's true, unlike Covid-19, we, CubeCraft, you and I, can make a difference

Like you, I totally agree that this problem needs to be addressed, but to push it through a game community in this way. I think everyone is terribly sad, but when you are gaming you just don't want to be confronted with such problems.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
The creator of the thread suggested creating a new channel on discord for this topic, but a symbol/signal intended as a sign of respect would indeed not be misplaced at all.
Yes, thats what I mean.

ou are gaming you just don't want to be confronted with such problems.
A sign of respect wouldn't hurt.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
In my opinion, exposing young children to these events is not appropriate and it should be the duty and decision of their parents to inform their children about the ongoing situation. Those events are horrifying, of course, which is why it is not suitable for minors nor CubeCraft's responsibility. I am confident that everybody, including the CubeCraft staff, has a great deal of reverence and sympathy for George Floyd's relatives, just as much as we have.

An age-appropriate form of respect is better than complete silence and avoiding talking about this subject. Also goes for all the parents and guardians.
I believe no one on this planet is too young to be taught about what is right and what is wrong, and especially, how to treat others with respect and love. As far as the network as a whole, it is clear that they support safety and equality. Although it is not CubeCrafts responsibility and accountability to teach children about it, a form of respect will always be relevant and fitting.

I've been on this server for ages, and have always experienced a direct way of support from the entire management team to the community. With this said, FOR NOW, you posting a suitable post about this topic won't go unnoticed, and I am certain the entire network will endorse your statement/sign of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom