Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this added?

• Total voters

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

TD Decks Game Mode

I would like to see a decks game mode to be added. Each team would get 1-2 minutes to discuss and decide which towers/mobs/potions they are going to choose. If the time runs out, random towers/mobs/potions will be added to your deck. If all players have their deck ready, the game will skip the remaining picking time and start.
Each separate player will have to pick 4 towers, 2 defence potions and 4 troops. These are locked for the entire game, you'll also not be able to upgrade towers which aren't in your deck so choose carefully!
This will open up more strategies and add depth. It will also encourage communication in a team.

Example:

1619092149922.png

Would you like to see this added? Vote on the poll above!
Please contact me if you are interested in working on new content for Tower Defence.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him

TD Decks Game Mode

I would like to see a decks game mode to be added. Each team would get 1-2 minutes to discuss and decide which towers/mobs/potions they are going to choose. If the time runs out, random towers/mobs/potions will be added to your deck. If all players have their deck ready, the game will skip the remaining picking time and start.
Each separate player will have to pick 4 towers, 2 defence potions and 4 troops. These are locked for the entire game, you'll also not be able to upgrade towers which aren't in your deck so choose carefully!
This will open up more strategies and add depth. It will also encourage communication in a team.

Example:

View attachment 191773
Would you like to see this added? Vote on the poll above!
Please contact me if you are interested in working on new content for Tower Defence.
I think a randomized deck for both teams would be a good idea meaning let's say a team can only send like 3-5 troops or place 3-5 towers which would make new strats easier and repetitiveness rare

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I think a randomized deck for both teams would be a good idea meaning let's say a team can only send like 3-5 troops or place 3-5 towers which would make new strats easier and repetitiveness rare
I agree with Matriox. I wanted to add both teams should get the same deck so there isn't a troop which the team can't defend because they have no towers for it in their deck.

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
They can pick their own towers so if they don't have the right towers then that's their problem and their mistake regarding strategy. An earned loss imo.

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
They can pick their own towers so if they don't have the right towers then that's their problem and their mistake regarding strategy. An earned loss imo.
It will result in the more experienced players always picking the same and the best towers and the new players picking random towers and losing because they picked the wrong towers. If both teams have the same deck at least they won't lose with having a disadvantage by picking random towers or picking troops which are way too expensive at the start.

Reactions: Shotgun and Matriox

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
Cool gamemode idea! (have you been playing TCGs lately?)

I see issues with both of the suggestions above:
1. If the deck is selected by players, then how will teams communicate well to have a good 'deck' within the 2 min time slot? I feel most randoms don't like to communicate, and they also may have language barriers.
2. If the deck is preset at random, then there will be lack of skill in developing better strategies if the gamemode is repeated. Essentially, there will be lack of consistency.

Overall, I see this encouraging communication, which would be great, but it may lead to disagreements, and the deck selection process would have to try to mitigate that. I think that a middle way would be to randomize the sizes of decks / AOEs / Towers (within reason) and let the players choose their decks from that randomized size.

Another idea would be to have 10 total cards, and some players can choose, say, 8 towers, 1 AOE and 1 mob (for EXP). This is mainly because I'm not sure that 4 Towers is enough, it seems like to stop most attacks, one would need at least Ice, Quake, Archer, and depending on the map, 5x5s.

I am really most concerned about the whole randoms selecting bad decks thing though... even if the team allowed many towers, would they be the good ones? Would you be left with only sending zombies for EXP? RNG of bad teams would be even more destructive here.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Cool gamemode idea! (have you been playing TCGs lately?)

I see issues with both of the suggestions above:
1. If the deck is selected by players, then how will teams communicate well to have a good 'deck' within the 2 min time slot? I feel most randoms don't like to communicate, and they also may have language barriers.
2. If the deck is preset at random, then there will be lack of skill in developing better strategies if the gamemode is repeated. Essentially, there will be lack of consistency.

Overall, I see this encouraging communication, which would be great, but it may lead to disagreements, and the deck selection process would have to try to mitigate that. I think that a middle way would be to randomize the sizes of decks / AOEs / Towers (within reason) and let the players choose their decks from that randomized size.

Another idea would be to have 10 total cards, and some players can choose, say, 8 towers, 1 AOE and 1 mob (for EXP). This is mainly because I'm not sure that 4 Towers is enough, it seems like to stop most attacks, one would need at least Ice, Quake, Archer, and depending on the map, 5x5s.

I am really most concerned about the whole randoms selecting bad decks thing though... even if the team allowed many towers, would they be the good ones? Would you be left with only sending zombies for EXP? RNG of bad teams would be even more destructive here.
Dunno what TCG's is xD

1. I think the best way is to create a kind of room in which players can click on buttons representing a tower / troop / potion. This would mean everyone is able to see the other player's choices and theirs can be adjusted accordingly.

Disagreements about the decks is likely to exist but can't that same disagreement be found in regular strategies?

I don't really see the problem in having only 4 towers in your deck because it would result in a versatility of 4*6 = 24 different towers (which don't even exist).

Zombie would be unlocked by default. It's smart to have something like Spider/Silverfish in your deck to which would result in 3 other troops which you can choose. From my viewpoint that's enough to build a decent strategy focused deck.

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
Dunno what TCG's is xD

1. I think the best way is to create a kind of room in which players can click on buttons representing a tower / troop / potion. This would mean everyone is able to see the other player's choices and theirs can be adjusted accordingly.

Disagreements about the decks is likely to exist but can't that same disagreement be found in regular strategies?

I don't really see the problem in having only 4 towers in your deck because it would result in a versatility of 4*6 = 24 different towers (which don't even exist).

Zombie would be unlocked by default. It's smart to have something like Spider/Silverfish in your deck to which would result in 3 other troops which you can choose. From my viewpoint that's enough to build a decent strategy focused deck.
I guess the formal term is CCG, Collectible Card Game, which also happens to be the same acronym for CubeCraft Gaming... Hmm ... Coincidence?

Also, I misread it, EACH PLAYER gets to choose their deck. I thought the entire team would only have one deck! That's obviously less likely to be imbalanced. Under that system It could also be possible to include limitations on the number of players who select a certain mob / tower / AOE (though that might pose it's own issues of claiming the best mobs for EXP for example).

Overall then, I feel that something like this would be more educational to players than anything. It doesn't seem like it would drastically change the game, and is essentially just a limitation on the current normal gamemode (since players can only use some of the items). Don't take this as a criticism though. I think we need more gamemodes that encourage communication, strategizing, and efficiency. If players have to choose only those towers / aoes / mobs that are vital to working with the team, I think they will eventually get better at normal gamemode games as a result. This is contrary to adding an entirely new gamemode that encourages gimmicks or quick strats for easy wins.

TD needs these kinds of gamemodes, but I guess it's up to people to decide what they want: exciting and entirely new gamemodes, or interesting variations on current gamemodes that are informative and help teach the player base.

• Love
Reactions: Shotgun
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.