• No (please comment why!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 294498

Futuristic Week

Hello everyone!
I have (in my opinion) a good suggestion about a ‘’futuristic week’’

We already have nostalgia week. But why not something like futuristic week.
So, futuristic week means that there will be maps and special things, like elytra’s will be tested in the network. (java version)
Futuristic week should have a duration of one week and it’s to test new maps that the community suggested. There also will be ‘’extra’’ features to the week, I’ll list that below here.

Which maps will be added?

So, I was thinking about the map submission page and it’s long time to wait until it’s added.
The maps that are submitted will be featured in the ‘’futuristic week.’’
That means that people who made maps for CubeCraft will be added that week for people to play on. At this moment there are some submitted maps: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/accepted-community-maps.91/

Not all maps have to be in there if that’s too much. Around 5 maps is good enough.
So, spread the maps so not 5 maps of one person (@_The13thDoctor_ ) will be added but just only 1 of them.
If I’m correct, there will be added 5 maps due the fact that there are people that have more than 1 accepted submitted map.
(Why not all the submitted maps?: Because it would be too messy to add all those maps and it would be too much.

Which ‘’extra’’ things will be in the week?

What about elytra’s and other types of animals.
Cubecraft has never used them but it would be REALLY COOL if we could play with elytra’s right?
It's possible in 1.9+ because the update with elytra's got added in 1.9!
There should be a voting system like the daytime etc. For ‘’futuristic mode.’’
In the week there also will be something like people suggested before or just really nice additions. Such as….

- Voting option for Futuristic mode so ‘’special’’ features can be used by players.

- Horses (already tamed, in a kit)

- Elytra’s (almost broken, so they can use it at their own risk ONLY POSSIBLE IF VOTED FUTURISTIC MODE)

- Wolves (kit, add 16 bones and 2 untamed wolves, ONLY POSSIBLE IF VOTED FUTURISTIC MODE)

- Every island will get around 1 ender pearl (team & solo skywars, OP)

- At basic there wont be elytra’s and ender pearls. Horses and wolves should be there

On the end of the week...

After the special week, there will be a vote for the best map of that week and that map will stay on the network. (So that means the map will get added as first that is on the submission page) Also make a thread where people can explain why they liked or disliked the week.

Why you MUST like this idea?

Because it’s just a way for Cubecraft to experiment with new gamemodes, kits and more.
You shouldn’t disagree with this suggestion because it’s just once a year and only for a week.
People can vote for it and without rankers you can’t get the gamemode and it will stay normal/day time.
If the ‘’futuristic mode’’ is enabled people can play with the new experimental kits. The new "submitted'' maps will stay without the futuristic mode.

Don’t think about the time of the developers and if this is possible, but think about how cool this would be!
So, I just made this about skywars but it would be cool if you help to think about this too!
Things like...

- Special things for eggwars?
- Maybe some miniatures/cages you can unlock while the week is going on.
- And more!

Thanks for reading my suggestion! ^^
Leave your opinion below this thread :p

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
Hi Lions, I love the layout and the explanation of this thread! Well done, I'll give my opinions now.

So, I was thinking about the map submission page and it’s long time to wait until it’s added.
That means that people who made maps for CubeCraft will be added that week for people to play on. At this moment there are some submitted maps: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/accepted-community-maps.91/

Not all maps have to be in there if that’s too much. Around 5 maps is good enough.
So, spread the maps so not 5 maps of one person (@_The13thDoctor_ ) will be added but just only 1 of them.
If I’m correct, there will be added 5 maps due the fact that there are people that have more than 1 accepted submitted map.
(Why not all the submitted maps?: Because it would be too messy to add all those maps and it would be too much
I think that this would be a good idea, especially because we can have more variety in maps which is great if you play a lot.

Cubecraft has never used them but it would be REALLY COOL if we could play with elytra’s right?
In the week there also will be something like people suggested before or just really nice additions. Such as….

- Voting option for Futuristic mode so ‘’special’’ features can be used by players.

- Elytra’s (almost broken, so they can use it at their own risk ONLY POSSIBLE IF VOTED FUTURISTIC MODE)

- Wolves (kit, add 16 bones and 2 untamed wolves, ONLY POSSIBLE IF VOTED FUTURISTIC MODE)

- At basic there wont be elytra’s and ender pearls. Horses and wolves should be there

The voting option for Futuristic mode is a great idea, but can all players use this or do you need a certain rank for this?

I think that adding horses would be fun, and isn't a thing where I can say no to.

I honestly love using Elytra's because it's so fun to fly with and to make adventures. I always see myself looking for an FFA Map with Elytra's (Wings), so I think this definitely should be a thing.

After the special week, there will be a vote for the best map of that week and that map will stay on the network. (So that means the map will get added as first that is on the submission page) Also make a thread where people can explain why they liked or disliked the week.

I like this a lot, this way there can be added maps that the community likes. It's only one new map a year, but that's completely fine!

Because it’s just a way for Cubecraft to experiment with new gamemodes, kits and more.
You shouldn’t disagree with this suggestion because it’s just once a year and only for a week.
People can vote for it and without rankers you can’t get the gamemode and it will stay normal/day time.
If the ‘’futuristic mode’’ is enabled people can play with the new experimental kits. The new "submitted'' maps will stay without the futuristic mode.

Don’t think about the time of the developers and if this is possible, but think about how cool this would be!
So, I just made this about skywars but it would be cool if you help to think about this too!
Things like...

- And more!

It's only once in a year, so I think that's fine. Some 'futuristic' loot would also be nice, maybe you can get some futuristic cubelets in that week instead of just normal ones?

D

Deleted member 294498

Yes!
(they should view every map submission before it though)
Yeah, indeed! But there might be too much maps at one time...

Hi Lions, I love the layout and the explanation of this thread! Well done, I'll give my opinions now.
(Full list of opinions, thanks)
Thanks for your opinion!

Aha OOF! Looks like I misclicked o-o
Haha :P

I love this idea, It would be a ton of fun to have these sort of weeks once a year. Maybe they could also add a week that is like Wild west, Olden Days. Stuff like that
+1
Yeaa, I really it if this will get implemented. I actually like ''testing'' new things such as something like this!

This would be sick! I could see this being a huge hit! +1
Aye (professional) Mapsubmittor! Yeah, I think this will attract people too ^^

ItzNoLIama

Jan 25, 2020
Belgium
Futuristic Week

Hello everyone!
I have (in my opinion) a good suggestion about a ‘’futuristic week’’

We already have nostalgia week. But why not something like futuristic week.
So, futuristic week means that there will be maps and special things, like elytra’s will be tested in the network. (java version)
Futuristic week should have a duration of one week and it’s to test new maps that the community suggested. There also will be ‘’extra’’ features to the week, I’ll list that below here.

(Why not all the submitted maps?: Because it would be too messy to add all those maps and it would be too much.

Things like...

- And more!

Thanks for reading my suggestion! ^^
Leave your opinion below this thread :p
I am a big fan of your idea! It would be a great way for Cubecraft Games to connect even more with the community. I would love to see your suggestion In-game, and voting maps ect. Best idea of the day :D

D

Deleted member 294498

I think that this is a very good idea! I would love to see some new maps etc being added to the server and this is a good way for community maps and similar to be recognised!
Yesss! It's also a good way to introduce new maps, and for cubecraft to test and experiment with new gamemodes! :)

I am a big fan of your idea! It would be a great way for Cubecraft Games to connect even more with the community. I would love to see your suggestion In-game, and voting maps ect. Best idea of the day :D
I didn't said voting maps but, I mean... The submitted maps: that those maps will get added that week. It will be a great way to introduce new maps, and might will let older players come back again!

Reactions: ElectricSweden
D

Deleted member 294498

I love your idea mate! It's really creative, out of the box and I think that it's manageable. But I have only one question: Will the server not lag too much for Elytra's?
Well, I actually said; Don’t think about the time of the developers and if this is possible
So, we don't have to discuss about that! Let the developers do that ;)

Reactions: Ivanblokhuis!
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
Top Bottom