Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
Problem: Sometimes when you get shot by the frozen bow it'll glitch and you will start suffocating in the ice walls, this does about 3-4 hearts of damage.

Can the ice just be replaced by blue glass (to look like ice)?

Reactions: GladiusYugen

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
What would happen with the name of the bow? Frozen shot bow kinda fits a bow that freezes you
It still "freezes" you if you can't move...
Yes the ice would fit the "theme" better, but I think (if this happens to people, I've never experienced it) light blue glass could be a good change, and still give an icy vibe.
Also, should've post this in suggestions or make a bug report :)

Reactions: Ding Junhui

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not sure making it glass would fix a thing... As far as I'm aware, the glitch happens when you get hit and you're jumping/falling and are at a given (but unknown) distance from the ground. This will cause the ice wall to be created at the wrong place since the "bow" thinks you're a block higher/lower. So changed it to glass won't resolve the problem.
I could be completely wrong but I think this is the cause...

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I'm not sure making it glass would fix a thing... As far as I'm aware, the glitch happens when you get hit and you're jumping/falling and are at a given (but unknown) distance from the ground. This will cause the ice wall to be created at the wrong place since the "bow" thinks you're a block higher/lower. So changed it to glass won't resolve the problem.
I could be completely wrong but I think this is the cause...
Glass blocks are transparant, ice blocks aren't.
If you were to be stuck in glass blocks you will take no suffocation damage (The bow is not meant to kill you by freezing you), ice does. I don't think the bow should be used to suffocate people.
However, I have a slight concern that if you get caught in the glass, you'll be able to escape since they're transparant blocks.. Maybe they could add an extra layer around the glass in barriers to prevent this from happening?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Glass blocks are transparent, ice blocks aren't.
If you were to be stuck in glass blocks you will take no suffocation damage
Oh yeah, forgot about that :p
However, I have a slight concern that if you get caught in the glass, you'll be able to escape since they're transparent blocks… Maybe they could add an extra layer around the glass in barriers to prevent this from happening?
I don't think barriers would be a good solution, it will block the way of other players.
Why not just slowness that will prevent you from walking... It wouldn't impact the gameplay since you already can't walk.
The ice also fits perfectly! So I'd like to keep that. :)

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
If you change the name of the bow you should also change the functions of the bow. It calls a 'frozen bow' so why would you change it into glass?

Semmetje11lolly

Mar 15, 2017
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland
youtube.com
Or they could simpely give the shot player extreme slowness so they can't move for a few seconds. Problem then is that you can attack the person while frozen (as to now you can't because of course the ice is in the way)

What I think is that it could give shot players a slowness effect (jump boost also maybe, so they can't jump. From a specific number the effect glitches) and resistance. This would fix it I guess...

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
Like mentioned above, replacing the ice to glass is the simplest solution. It still freezes the player so the name of the bow still fits. Adding slowness to the player instead of a ‘cage’ around them will actually ruin the bow because the caged person will be able to get killed very easily, with an automatic bow for an example.

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
I don't think anything else needs to change apart from changing ice to blue glass, it can still be called "Frozen Bow" as it will still "freeze" you in place. This glitch happens most days for me, even with decent ping (20-30ms), and it deals 3-4 hearts of damage, regardless or armour, so if someone pushes you, you're pretty much dead.

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
Glass blocks are transparant, ice blocks aren't.
If you were to be stuck in glass blocks you will take no suffocation damage (The bow is not meant to kill you by freezing you), ice does. I don't think the bow should be used to suffocate people.
However, I have a slight concern that if you get caught in the glass, you'll be able to escape since they're transparant blocks.. Maybe they could add an extra layer around the glass in barriers to prevent this from happening?
I don't think changing it to a transparent block will allow you to phase through if the glitch happens, the same mechanics should still apply. Also, a staff member could probably confirm, but i think you get stuck to where you're standing, rather than just physically trapped in a 1x1, when you get shot. That's why the glitch happens, the game tries to push you out of the block but the frozen bow pulls you back to where you were shot (inside the block). Also, I've thown a pearl just before getting shot and you tp back to where you got shot.

Reactions: Rawrbin

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Problem: Sometimes when you get shot by the frozen bow it'll glitch and you will start suffocating in the ice walls, this does about 3-4 hearts of damage.

I have that sometimes too, it's just when you ran into the block. And we as players cannot do anything about it. Actually, you should just try to build blocks or use a shield. ;)

Can the ice just be replaced by blue glass (to look like ice)?

I mean no, if you change it to blue glass or a other block it's just the same problem. If you use Diamond Blocks or Dirt or something else.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Top Bottom