Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
This will just be very annoying to not be able to see who is online and who is not online. I wouldn't want to see this be added. BTW to your problem with the messages to tell people your busy you could use an auto text with blc to tell people you can't play your busy.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Thing is, Discord's used for chatting, there's no way for someone to know whether you're online or not if you're just having a conversation with someone whilst being in invisible mode for example
You're using the wrong example. If I set my Discord status to offline and people see me chatting on the CubeCraft Discord server, wouldn't that be exactly the same?

but if this were an option on a Minecraft server on the other hand, everything would just get really complicated since your friends can actually see you in game.
I'm sorry but I don't know how this would make things really complicated? You just set your status to offline and friends will not be able to see what game you're playing. If you just want to privately play a game, what's wrong with that? If you come across someone in-game it's also easy to say that you currently don't want to play hence why you set your status to offline. They will understand + the chances of seeing them ingame is much lower than just being in online mode and getting a party/friend message from them.

You also mentioned Steam/Playstation/Xbox- I feel like it's also harder for people to know what game you're playing if your status is set to offline on Steam/Playstation/Xbox as well since they wouldn't even know what you'd be playing, but when you're on a Minecraft server there's a high chance you'll come across your friend at some point if they're already online on the same server as you, right? Being able to set your status to offline on a Minecraft server will really just confuse people and I personally think that this isn't really necessary to have, like @Limoen mentioned before, you can just communicate with your friends and tell them you don't want to play, it isn't that hard.
Yes, it's indeed harder, but not impossible. - It's the same, you can also come across your friend in GTA, FIFA, or even Fortnite for example. I know that the chances of that are really low and maybe it's a bit easier on Cube to get across a friend but again it's the same. + CubeCraft supports a lot of games and lobbies so the chances aren't as high as you think unless you have a 1000 friends. I also do not think it would confuse people since I doubt they will be checking their /f list every 5 minutes to see if you're online in the friend list. Again, if you happen to get across them in a game of SkyWars, for example, you can easily say - Sorry I'm in offline mode, I don't feel like playing right now. This is exactly the same message which wasn't a big deal to say according to you but the chances of getting to say it are way lower when in offline mode.

As creative as this suggestion is, sadly I'm going to vote no.
Well thanks for the creativity part, and it's completely up to you whether you vote yes or no. Personally, I won't see any problems with it getting added and it would definitely not confuse people since it would become a feature everyone knows about since they can see all commands when doing /friends. When people see the command and come across an "offline" friend they would instantly know that they're in offline mode.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
I like it, as I sometimes get spammed even if I'm playing. And I just don't want to /ignore add a friend of me. But with this, if this got implemented it would be cool, and I could just set my status as offline. Really like idea, U got a yes from me,
-Critly

Reactions: Axyy

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Im sorry but I just don't like this idea. If you don't feel like playing with people and they ask you to play with them it's not hard to tell them that you don't want to or that you're reporting people for instance. This command will make you hide from your friends as if you find them annoying.

I do understand that for staff it could be nice, as they're more looked up to so more people would want to play with them. Tho they already got /nick as well, but I understand that they dont want to be /nick all the time so they can help people ingame when needed.

So in my opinion the command could be added for staff but not for everyone. I simply don't like it that people could hide from their friends when they also could just tell them they're doing something else at the moment. And it's not like friends ping you all the time (not for me at least :p)

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I voted no, because of the same reasons as Limoen said. Another argument is, because there is a limited of friends, I remove all the inactive players. If others set themself as offline, I will remove them out of my friend list with the reason they are “inactive”. While they are it not at all.

Despite I understand you don’t want to say every time you don’t want to play together. Since I dislike the offline feature, I thought maybe there can be a command to turn your name into ‘do not disturb’. If you turned your name to ‘do not disturb’, your friends will know they don’t have to ask you for playing together.

Reactions: Anneum

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I liked this idea & I find it really useful since you need sometimes to take a rest & you can't feel that if your chat is flooded with tons of messages.

I’m actually not a fan of this idea, sorry. I understand that you sometimes want to report people or have some time for yourself, but I doubt that your chat is flooded with friends who are constantly messaging you to team up. I personally find it quite simple to just say: “No sorry, I’m busy right now/not in the mood to play.” My friends would be okay with that because I will play with them later.
Besides, friends are people to talk to, to hang out with in the lobby, and to play with. By adding this, a lot of people could set themselves to offline. I personally would find it a pity that when I’m looking for someone to play with, half of my friends who are actually online, are now set to offline without me knowing. Also, just imagine you’re joining a game and you see a friend in that game as well, who set themselves to offline. Wouldn’t that be a little confusing?
It's almost impossible to reply to everyone that you are busy or can't play now. Life won't stop if your friends saw you playing in a game. In the end, if it is not possible for everyone, it has to be available for staff members because they have a lot of work to do.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
It's almost impossible to reply to everyone that you are busy or can't play now. Life won't stop if your friends saw you playing in a game. In the end, if it is not possible for everyone, it has to be available for staff members because they have a lot of work to do.
Correct, life won’t stop, but that’s not the point. Life will never stop if a suggestion gets implemented. It’s about the pros and cons of a suggestion. In this case, it’s about confusion.
Let’s say I haven’t seen a friend in weeks and I’m looking forward to playing with them, but they seem constantly offline. I would personally find it very confusing to seem them in a game.

@StralendePijl has, imo, come up a better idea though, which would be a great balance for everyone who have agreed and disagreed with this suggestion thread; a ‘do not disturb’ mode. This way, your friends can still see you’re online, but know that you want some time for yourself and that you wouldn’t like to be disturbed. I fully support this idea actually, so I would rather see this implemented.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I voted no, because of the same reasons as Limoen said. Another argument is, because there is a limited of friends, I remove all the inactive players. If others set themself as offline, I will remove them out of my friend list with the reason they are “inactive”. While they are it not at all.

Despite I understand you don’t want to say every time you don’t want to play together. Since I dislike the offline feature, I thought maybe there can be a command to turn your name into ‘do not disturb’. If you turned your name to ‘do not disturb’, your friends will know they don’t have to ask you for playing together.
Sorry, but you removing your friends for inactivity is kinda your problem, if a friend doesn't want to play with you and therefore turns this feature on, there is no meaning in keeping that friend anyway so I don't see a problem in removing friends if they don't wanna play with you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Just met my number 1 fan irl
1714596148741259329038294634727.jpg
Top Bottom