Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Hello everyone!

Today I will be suggesting ingame online/offline statuses. But why?
Obviously, friends can see if you're online, what game you're playing, and also when you're offline. I have to be honest, sometimes I don't want everyone to see if I'm online or not. There are times when I just don't feel like playing, or I just simply want to report rule-breakers for CubeCraft. Therefore, it would be very useful to have an offline status. Another possibility would be to remove everyone from my friend list, but then I'm not able to see if my friends are online or not.

So yes, why not have a command to set your status to online or offline?

DETAILS:
/f status <online/offline>
Successfully set your status to Online.
Successfully set your status to Offline.

What happens when you set your status to offline?

Your friends will not be able to see you in /f list - well they are able to see you, but just as offline.

What happens when you set your status to online?
Nothing changes, your friends will be able to see when you're online and what game/map you're playing on.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello everyone!

Today I will be suggesting ingame online/offline statuses. But why?
Obviously, friends can see if you're online, what game you're playing, and also when you're offline. I have to be honest, sometimes I don't want everyone to see if I'm online or not. There are times when I just don't feel like playing, or I just simply want to report rule-breakers for CubeCraft. Therefore, it would be very useful to have an offline status. Another possibility would be to remove everyone from my friend list, but then I'm not able to see if my friends are online or not.

So yes, why not have a command to set your status to online or offline?

DETAILS:
/f status <online/offline>
Successfully set your status to Online.
Successfully set your status to Offline.
What happens when you set your status to offline?
Your friends will not be able to see you in /f list - well they are able to see you, but just as offline.

What happens when you set your status to online?
Nothing changes, your friends will be able to see when you're online and what game/map you're playing on.

I never felt like you did before, but it would still be very helpful. Especially for staff when they're dealing with , for example, the /reports we've made but it also gives us more privacy.
It would prevent that our chats are getting flooded with join and leave messages, which is a very positive effect in my opinion since that could be very annoying C:

I voted yes!

Reactions: Axyy

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Honestly, I think it can be a very good idea, because there are times when you don't feel like playing and you're AFK, and sometimes your own friends get in the way.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Really nice idea, is it a good idea to how long the player is online too?

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Quite honestly, this is a great idea! I understand that people sometimes want a moment for themselves or that staff members can do their work. I understand it's annoying when you are asked all the time to come to a party or to do something. I personally find it quite annoying to be asked a lot of things in a row when you don't want to. I understand it especially for staff.

Just a question. Imagine, you are "offline", a friend of yours sees you in the lobby, should you automatically be in vanish or your friend can see you? Also, is this for every player, for Obsidian+ or for only Plus Subscribers?

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Just a question. Imagine, you are "offline", a friend of yours sees you in the lobby, should you automatically be in vanish or your friend can see you? Also, is this for every player, for Obsidian+ or for only Plus Subscribers?
You will be visible for everyone but they will not be able to see you as online in their friend list. :P
Also, I wouldn't mind having this a premium-only feature although I think it's better if everyone would be able to use this since you don't need a rank to add friends.

I really like this idea, but if you were to still be invited to a party what would happen?
You can still join parties when your status is set as offline.

Really nice idea, is it a good idea to how long the player is online too?
Could be a possibility to add that as well, although It's not needed in my opinion.

Lucaatjee

Jul 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I have to be honest, sometimes I don't want everyone to see if I'm online or not. There are times when I just don't feel like playing, or I just simply want to report rule-breakers for CubeCraft.

Sometimes I have exactly the same 'problem' (and I think enough other people too), so it will be great if this gets added

• Love

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I’m actually not a fan of this idea, sorry. I understand that you sometimes want to report people or have some time for yourself, but I doubt that your chat is flooded with friends who are constantly messaging you to team up. I personally find it quite simple to just say: “No sorry, I’m busy right now/not in the mood to play.” My friends would be okay with that because I will play with them later.
Besides, friends are people to talk to, to hang out with in the lobby and to play with. By adding this, a lot of people could set themselves to offline. I personally would find it a pity that when I’m looking for someone to play with, half of my friends who are actually online, are now set to offline without me knowing. Also, just imagine you’re joining a game and you see a friend in that game as well, who set themselves to offline. Wouldn’t that be a little confusing?

Mea_08

May 27, 2020
Scotland
I’m actually not a fan of this idea, sorry. I understand that you sometimes want to report people or have some time for yourself, but I doubt that your chat is flooded with friends who are constantly messaging you to team up. I personally find it quite simple to just say: “No sorry, I’m busy right now/not in the mood to play.” My friends would be okay with that because I will play with them later.
Besides, friends are people to talk to, to hang out with in the lobby and to play with. By adding this, a lot of people could set themselves to offline. I personally would find it a pity that when I’m looking for someone to play with, half of my friends who are actually online, are now set to offline without me knowing. Also, just imagine you’re joining a game and you see a friend in that game as well, who set themselves to offline. Wouldn’t that be a little confusing?
damn i hadnt thought about it like that yea

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Why do all big platforms support this then? Think about steam, discord, even on Xbox and Playstation. It's okay to hang out with your friends, but some people just don't feel like the idea of their friends being able to see what they are playing and when they are online. Why would your friends have to see what game you're playing, and when you're online? - In my opinion, there should be an option to set your status to offline - just for those who want to have friends but are uncomfortable with them being able to see whenever they are online. I really can't see a reason why it should not be added since it won't hurt anyone. - Also, constantly messaging people that you don't want to play can become annoying, whenever you feel like playing you can just set your status to online and done.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Yes I agree, sometimes I just wanna play a few rounds of Skywars and not have to deal with my friends sending me an invite, because then it makes me feel guilty for not playing with them. +1 this would nice to have!

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Why do all big platforms support this then? Think about steam, discord, even on Xbox and Playstation. It's okay to hang out with your friends, but some people just don't feel like the idea of their friends being able to see what they are playing and when they are online. Why would your friends have to see what game you're playing, and when you're online? - In my opinion, there should be an option to set your status to offline - just for those who want to have friends but are uncomfortable with them being able to see whenever they are online. I really can't see a reason why it should not be added since it won't hurt anyone. - Also, constantly messaging people that you don't want to play can become annoying, whenever you feel like playing you can just set your status to online and done.
Thing is, Discord's used for chatting, there's no way for someone to know whether you're online or not if you're just having a conversation with someone whilst being in invisible mode for example, but if this were an option on a Minecraft server on the other hand, everything would just get really complicated since your friends can actually see you in game.

You also mentioned Steam/Playstation/Xbox- I feel like it's also harder for people to know what game you're playing if your status is set to offline on Steam/Playstation/Xbox as well since they wouldn't even know what you'd be playing, but when you're on a Minecraft server there's a high chance you'll come across your friend at some point if they're already online on the same server as you, right? Being able to set your status to offline on a Minecraft server will really just confuse people and I personally think that this isn't really necessary to have, like @Limoen mentioned before, you can just communicate with your friends and tell them you don't want to play, it isn't that hard.

As creative as this suggestion is, sadly I'm going to vote no.

Reactions: Maaarijn and Lime
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom