Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
Hello. I recently made a thread about how broken freebuild was, and what needed changes. It turned out to be posted right before an update, which really improved the game. However, there is still one big problem left. The diamond system.

Don't get me wrong, something like this is needed. Exploring other plots is part of the fun. However, this is not the best solution. Why? Let me show you.
2017-04-09_00.04.45.png

This is the first page of the hottest plots. As you can see, almost all of these are parkours or mini-games. Don't get me wrong, parkours can be amazing, but that requires a really good build surrounding it. I did not find a single map that impressed me. The only good builds are the ones I have marked with the green background. Neither of them are "WOW", but I don't mind them on the front page. Or well, I don't mind one of them. The other one lies about being featured. There are also two parkours that are ok-ish, but they are still parkours. The one I marked yellow (takes no skill to do) is a small plot with 4 pieces of pixel art. One of them is the classic mario, which is most likely copied from the internet. Two other are replicas of minecraft items. The third one is a minion, and those are not advanced. Here are some screenshot of first page plots:
2017-04-09_00.25.53.png

This is the most popular plot. THIS!
2017-04-09_00.31.40.png
2017-04-09_00.29.14.png
2017-04-09_00.33.42.png
2017-04-09_00.35.53.png
2017-04-09_00.34.52.png

I think most of us can agree that this is not what the first page should look like. But, how did it happen? There is a short answer to that: spamming. Remember how I mentioned in my other thread that it is a problem? It still is. But don't worry! I have a few suggestions on how to stop it.

First of all: fix the chat filter. This is a really easy, and probably efficient way to stop spam. Simply adding words like "skin" would improve a lot. Even better, if creative got its own filter, more words could be filtered out.

Second, we need to make sure the first page isn't filled with horrible plots. There are always ways to bypass filters. My idea on how to do this is by simply resetting this page once every 24 or 28 hours. But, for that to work something else is needed.

For this, I will suggest maybe the most powerful item on the list: better featured plots. With this, players should be able to do /review on their plots. A special player (staff or in a special review team) can here teleport to this plot at any given time to review it. If they like it, it should be forwarded to another reviewer, to make sure no bad plots from friends pass through. These plots should be featured in the creative menu, in a tab of its own. These plots should not be affected by the daily resets, but may be replaced after a month or so in the list. The way these plots are sorted should be by newest reviewed first, so there are as many new plots as possible. The standard for these plots might not even need to be that extreme. Instead, it should be a goal almost everyone can reach.

A fourth thing to do is add stricter rules in creative. I remember an old rule being "Please do not advertise skin comps in the global chat". However, after months in maintenance, this got removed. I feel like this needs to be added back again, along with a message every ten minutes or so telling everyone to not advertise their plot in the chat.

Along with this, I think adding a place for real plot advertisements should be added. Maybe this could be another list in the creative menu? What I'm thinking about is using the lore of the items to display a short description of the plot. These advertisements can be placed using /advertise, and stay for 5 minutes. There should also be a 30 minute cooldown on this command.

I really hope you take this into consideration. Sorry about the long post. Again, creative is much better now than it was before the update. <3

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I agree :/ its really annoying when all you see is parkour. Its also really annoying the amount of "Say '123' for skin battle", 5 seconds later, "say 123 for skin battle!" 5 seconds later "say 123 for skin battle!!" and so on...

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
"So I do completely agree with your points, that the system has its faults and definitely needs to be reworked. I really like the idea of categories: Parkour/Puzzle, Builds, Roleplay etc. As for those 'basic' plots that have tnt just spammed on the floor or don't have anything, i'll go on myself and try and do some moderation and remove some from public, until I can find a delegate this to another staff member.

If there's a good replacement then it should be removed otherwise I don't see any reason why it should be removed as at least it is a system for advertising plots which is really needed in a creative server where you can't see neighboring plots.
Pretty much why it won't be removed ^

The system won't be reworked anytime soon unfortunately.

Just in general about the update, I have been paying attention to any posts that arrise, and we've added 3 more commands to W.E pro.
//naturalize //up and //mask

We have also been reworking the plot report system so our staff team have the better tools to moderate reported plots, which again should help us reduce troll plots/inappropriate builds. This change should come soon."

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/f...id-thing-ever-to-be-added.186633/#post-802167

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom