Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you see that is Freebuild is Useless and didn't receive that support from people?

• Yes

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I see that is free build is a fail game that we wait so much for it, low amount of people joins it.
It would be better if you could go into more detail about this,
(Screenshots, explanation, etc.)

And how is it a fail?
Yes, not a ton of people join it, but a decent amount do.
Also, you have to think about how hard the Developers worked on this game, and your just calling it a fail?
Not very nice in my opinion...

Maybe say how they can make it better.

Reactions: Iggleboz

HobbitJack

Jan 7, 2017
I agree that not a lot of people join it, but like Deeds76 said, it took the Devs. a long time to make, so don't go destroy their work.

Reactions: Deeds

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
OK, so a LOT of people skip past freebuild, but atleast let the people who enjoy it... enjoy it. It's like money walls or control point; sure not a lot of people played it, but you can't you just let people enjoy it, no matter how many people play it? Also, if you're suggesting they remove this, it's not like money walls or control point, in the sense that tons of creations will be removed. And like the other guy said, it took the Devs a while for this one, so atleast appreciate it :/

Reactions: MooTa

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I could definitely see how freebuild failed. It just gets boring after time. Just like block band. I feel like of cube would add new things to freebuild and blockband, cube can save those games..

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
This is related to how bad freebuild actually is.
You see, there's no real advantage on playing creative on Cube.
There are just so many problems.

-Plots are WAY too expensive.
-Expanding plots is super expensive too
-Plot numbers are rank-based
-Keeps crashing
-Menu is not user friendly and can be hard to manage
-Relatively bugged
-People competing too much on getting diamonds, tons of spam in chat
-Lack of World Edit

If people want to go build, they do it on singleplayer. If they wanna build with friends, they do it on another server.
Seriously, there are so many creative servers where you get 5 1024x1024 plots for free or even 2 plots 2048x2048 and they ALWAYS have world edit or sometimes even voxel sniper!
And most of these servers also have survival communities like, by making creative so pricey and unconvenient, you're making people go onto other servers to build! Lol! How even!?

Creative is one of those simple vanilla Minecraft gamemodes, but no, Cube has to ALWAYS complicate stuff with
-Floating islands
-Lobby systems
-Points an upgrades

Like Geez, it's such a simple gamemode, keep it simple!

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I totaly agree with you Freebuild was active in the beggining of it and now it is just like a dead bush only 3or 4 people are still building things on their

Reactions: Ping Ether

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I Have Said It Before & I Will Say It Again
64iy5-c5qys-if1r1-3qq2j.png

42-25440677.jpg

tumbleweed3.jpg

i think the main reasoning is because most players have built their plots & the leave

but the funny part is i called it
the first time i joined freebuild i said "I Bet You In 1 Week Nobody Is Going To Be Online
I Was Right

Vorkenkoning

Nov 23, 2016
I wouldn't say it was a fail, but it doesn't convince people to build things on cubecraft enough.

Cubecraft:
-Small plots -
-Lack of world edit -

-New plots are expensive -
-You can show your plot to other people LIVE +

Creative (Single player):
-Pretty much infinite world +
-World is customizable (before you create it, you can change settings) +
-No need to buy new plots +
-You can download worldedit, or other tools to help you build +
-You can download other maps to build on +
-You can let people download and play your map +

-You can't show your world to other people LIVE -

Now tell me which one you would choose.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I wouldn't say it was a fail, but it doesn't convince people to build things on cubecraft enough.

Cubecraft:
-Small plots -
-Lack of world edit -
-New plots are expensive -

-You can show your plot to other people LIVE +

Creative (Single player):
-Pretty much infinite world +
-World is customizable (before you create it, you can change settings) +
-No need to buy new plots +
-You can download worldedit, or other tools to help you build +
-You can download other maps to build on +
-You can let people download and play your map +

-You can't show your world to other people LIVE -

Now tell me which one you would choose.
Creative. Easy choice.

More benefits of singleplayer Creative:
-Can't get banned on singleplayer Creative +
-Don't need internet to play singleplayer Creative +
-You can still livestream singleplayer Creative builds +

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
I have to agree that creative was failed. There are a few reasons, but there is one specific that destroyed it for me...

• The lack of worldedit - What can I say? Building gets way more fun with world-edit.
  • Small/Expsnsive plots. - Not much more to say about this.
  • The rank system. - In the beginning, when freebuild was still quite popular, you could not read the chat due to all the spam. I think this got some players to stop playing.
  • Bugs. - This one is the worst one for me. I have lost a 122x122 plot. Twice. The first time, it had around 40 hours of work put into it, and the 2nd time was probably around 20h...
  • Plots are not connected. - Having your plots connected, like a normal creative server, will let you fly around to get insperation or just look at the other plots around you.
  • Singleplayer is just as good. - Not much more to say here...

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Because there;s many interesting game like Eggwars, Skywars which gain a lot of population and free build has nothing,, you can create a new world and build anything...

Reactions: JustSkiils

skps2010

Mar 12, 2016
Taiwan
Maybe free build should be changed to something like housing in hypixel, and allow players to make parkours, role plays, mini games etc. It will attract more players.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Other than reasons above, there's one use I found in freebuild: damage testing.

There's some PvP mechanics that differ from those in singleplayer. Here's another con that freebuild has that SMP/LAN worlds don't have:

-Cannot test PvP in freebuild. You can test PvE (damage calculation against mobs) to an extent, but you cannot create OP enchants and test them. For example, you cannot use commands to make a protection 20 elytra but you can in singleplayer.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
-Cannot test PvP in freebuild. You can test PvE (damage calculation against mobs) to an extent, but you cannot create OP enchants and test them. For example, you cannot use commands to make a protection 20 elytra but you can in singleplayer.
Why would you want to do this? You arn't support to keep PvP fights in freebuild after all.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
For demonstration purposes. Creative isn't used just for building only. It's very easy to get all the materials you need, switch to survival mode for PvP or PvE, and test/learn how game mechanics work. This is how I learned how mechanics such as punch bow + elytra combo and that this server uses 1.8 damage calculation.

As for the example, that's to test if damage reduction from enchants is consistent since 20 EPF (80% damage reduction) makes damage calculation very easy to do. In 1.8, enchant damage reduction isn't consistent.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Freebuild was a big flop in my opinion. There was so much rage about it (me included I'll admit) in the first few weeks it was released. Then people started coming to their senses I think xD

Others have already mentioned the reasons why it failed (Expensive, too small etc.) but I could live with all that if it wasn't for how ridicolously buggy it is.

Not even lying here - I have made at least 4 big projects using Freebuild, 2 of which were wiped completely after the server reset or crashed. This happens every 10 - 15 minutes, which is not only distracting and annoying but also puts all your work at risk. I'd say every time it crashes and you have to load your plot up again, there's a 10% chance Freebuild will decide to be the world's biggest troll and delete everything and anything -_- Even if you get lucky, it usually at least reverts some of the progress you have already made...

So to summarise, I'm never using Freebuild again as it is a delicate form of excrutiating torture. Sorry Devs...

Last edited:

7bashko

Jun 1, 2016
OK, so a LOT of people skip past freebuild, but atleast let the people who enjoy it... enjoy it. It's like money walls or control point; sure not a lot of people played it, but you can't you just let people enjoy it, no matter how many people play it? Also, if you're suggesting they remove this, it's not like money walls or control point, in the sense that tons of creations will be removed. And like the other guy said, it took the Devs a while for this one, so atleast appreciate it :/
The players who enjoy it 3 or 4 between 20K player ignores it, there's nothing special on this game, its not even a game you can just play this on singleplayer.
Also i am suggesting to remove it, i am suggesting to improve it or add ideas on it, its like your server has 1k player and 2 games survival and kitpvp, kit pvp has 980 player and survival has only 20 what are you gonna do? you will improve survival and make it better, you will not remove it. there are many servers has the same exact game (creative), i don't think Devs worked hard for it because its easy to do its just 2 or 3 plugins u guys think it took so much because developers was ignoring it all the time.
Sorry for my shitty grammar..

Members Online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom