Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
This may sound like a stupid suggestion but I don't think it should be required for you to have video evidence of users cheating. Sometimes it'll be too late to get the video but when you screenshot it, you'll have the picture done and ready. But yeah, I don't think you should be required video evidence for cheating.

D

Deleted member 421664

No, I disagree with you because people can't prove to staff if someone cheating or no, you need to get video evidence, if you don't like that you can do/report ''name'' ''reason'' Thanks for understanding!

Djatu

Novice Member
Jun 29, 2020
I have mixed feelings about this. Personally, I think that if screenshots are allowed as evidence, people will start to create fake reports. You can't really take a picture of someone using reach or kill aura and screenshots of these can easily be faked. Fly hack screenshots can also be faked (e.g taking a screenshot when someone is jumping from a high point). While fly hacks may seem like they'd be obvious in a screenshot, I think it's safe to say that video evidence is much better due to it being safer than a screenshot which may not be legitimate.

Reactions: East and Calichin
D

Deleted member 421664

I have mixed feelings about this. Personally, I think that if screenshots are allowed as evidence, people will start to create fake reports. You can't really take a picture of someone using reach or kill aura and screenshots of these can easily be faked. Fly hack screenshots can also be faked (e.g taking a screenshot when someone is jumping from a high point). While fly hacks may seem like they'd be obvious in a screenshot, I think it's safe to say that video evidence is much better due to it being safer than a screenshot which may not be legitimate.
True, people can make easy fake easy evidence via photos.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The reason photo evidence isn't accepted is because as @Djatu said, fake reports would be created and this would lead to a much more complicated situation for staff to handle reports. I see where you are coming from with it being hard sometimes to capture video evidence. But I disagree with this suggestion.

Reactions: Djatu

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
It’s not completely ridiculous as some screenshots can prove hackers guilty but this only works for particular hacks like fly, and even then proving someone guilty of hacking with screenshots is rather difficult and is more likely to be altered to make it seem like an innocent person suffering of lag is flying for example. All you can do is just... be more prepared for hackers, “expect the unexpected.” Have a fast way to catch a hacker in the action like having your phone right next to you or running Bandicam in the background so you are ready to record at the push of a button.

Reactions: Maaarijn

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
One of the only reasons I think it's necessary is because screenshots provide a faster way to deal with problems, whilst opening you video recorder and starting the video in which the cheater could then stop flying when you have your video ready.

So that's why I think Screenshots provided a better way to catch cheaters, cause not everyone is trying to ban someone they dislike.

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
I use a record past option on my Xbox, you might be able to use something similar on Java. I can record the last 30 seconds. So if you egg is destroyed and you get knocked off the edge, take a video, and screenshot an overhead of your base, saying that there is no bridge.
I'm using Bedrock on Mobile. I rarely use Java.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
The reason is because photos can be edited really easily. Using photoshop would make it look like any annoying player is hacking. Also what do you play on? I’d be happy to point you in the right direction for any screen recorders that easily work!

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
The reason is because photos can be edited really easily. Using photoshop would make it look like any annoying player is hacking. Also what do you play on? I’d be happy to point you in the right direction for any screen recorders that easily work!
How would you edit a Minecraft user moving that's uh.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
How would you edit a Minecraft user moving that's uh.
I meant in a screenshot. You could easily take them and put them in the sky and call them a fly hacker. Photoshop can be used very negatively. Like I said before, what do you play on so I can try to help you find a screen recorder to properly report cheater.

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
I meant in a screenshot. You could easily take them and put them in the sky and call them a fly hacker. Photoshop can be used very negatively. Like I said before, what do you play on so I can try to help you find a screen recorder to properly report cheater.
I don't want to waste space. I use Mobile. And I have no idea how to use Photoshop yet.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't want to waste space. I use Mobile. And I have no idea how to use Photoshop yet.
It doesn't matter if you don't know how to use photoshop. What matters is everyone else that could do harm with having screenshots be allowed as proof for hackers. They can't just make a special report system for you, sadly video evidence is the only trustworthy way to have hackers banned.

SoyokoAnis

Jun 27, 2020
North Carolina
It doesn't matter if you don't know how to use photoshop. What matters is everyone else that could do harm with having screenshots be allowed as proof for hackers. They can't just make a special report system for you, sadly video evidence is the only trustworthy way to have hackers banned.
I do understand. I just think otherwise.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Top Bottom