Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone,

Today I want to suggest something for the External Community Organisers.

Suggestion
Right now, the ECO's have nothing to recognize them. This isn't really a problem, but a few of the External Communities are organising things like tournaments or other events. It would be nice to have that recognition when you make a forum announcement or a forum post in general.

1621937777426.png

How would this benefit us?
It would basically make our announcements more official. I think more people would want to participate in an event or tournament. Maybe it would make other things more official like the posts made by @The CubeCraft Times.

The suggestion: Forum Rank system (@MrTommy)
I've also thought about this. This thread was made to have trophy point more value and to make the forums more fun for members.

I think ECO's aren't really member, but somewhere in between a member and Content Creators. Therefore we won't need the member roles.

Closing
Thanks for reading my suggestion. Please let me know what you think.
Let me know if something should change or if there need to be something extra.

Last edited:

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
This sounds like an interesting and great way to promote external community servers so I agree! It would be cool if external community organizers also had their own section in their profile page dedicated to their server or something too.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Imo putting it in your signature, like you have, should be enough. Moderators and other staff members need to have the rank so you know for sure that they know what they're talking about, and that they really are confirmed staff members. ECO's dont need this, as they're not in any staff position. You shouldn't get a certain rank just to advertise your server and make it feel a bit more official.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't see any need for an 'external community organiser' role on the forums. Many external community organisers do not post their events/tournaments or anything else on the forums, except for instance CCG records and The CubeCraft Times. Since both of them have their own forums account, it's in my opinion clearly that they are an external community organisation. Even if an external community organisation will post their tournaments/events on the forums, they can get a lot of attention and can look professional. (Take for example the tournaments hosted by CCGN Community Events: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unofficial-⚔️-solo-eggwars-tournament-🛡️.269968/ & https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unofficial-🏹-lucky-islands-squads-tournament-❓.273037/).

The eco role has a purpose in CubeCrafts discord server (their own eco channel as far as I know). I feel like the eco role will not have any purpose on the forums beside the Shiny role/rank. Members with the eco role will just have something to show others, without any purpose imo.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I don't see any need for an 'external community organiser' role on the forums. Many external community organisers do not post their events/tournaments or anything else on the forums, except for instance CCG records and The CubeCraft Times. Since both of them have their own forums account, it's in my opinion clearly that they are an external community organisation. Even if an external community organisation will post their tournaments/events on the forums, they can get a lot of attention and can look professional. (Take for example the tournaments hosted by CCGN Community Events: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unofficial-⚔️-solo-eggwars-tournament-🛡️.269968/ & https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unofficial-🏹-lucky-islands-squads-tournament-❓.273037/).

The eco role has a purpose in CubeCrafts discord server (their own eco channel as far as I know). I feel like the eco role will not have any purpose on the forums beside the Shiny role/rank. Members with the eco role will just have something to show others, without any purpose imo.
First of all, not only CubeCraft Games Records and The CubeCraft Times post activities on the forums but Tower Defence CC and CCGN Community Events too. 4 communities seems enough reason to add some kind of role to me. Also, if this role were to be implemented, it could encourage other ECOs to start making more threads about their activities.

Of course some communities may have accounts to post official messages but those accounts are not used for communication with members on the forums. How do you know who is behind those accounts? If a role was there, it would get everyone a clear view of people owning an External Community.

True, threads can be made more professionally with good looks. But it doesn't serve the purpose of knowing who is behind the project.

Showing the role to others is exactly the purpose, we want to be recognised and we want to answer questions about where to find certain communities or groups in which you can have more fun.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
4 communities seems enough reason to add some kind of role to me. Also, if this role were to be implemented, it could encourage other ECOs to start making more threads about their activities.
Personally I think that if you really care about your communtiy you'd make threads about your activities and such, and wouldn't need a role to boost this. For some communities, forum posts aren't even fitting.
Of course some communities may have accounts to post official messages but those accounts are not used for communication with members on the forums. How do you know who is behind those accounts? If a role was there, it would get everyone a clear view of people owning an External Community.
Why would you even need to know who is behind those accounts? If you really want to know, incredibly organized communities like the TCCT community have links to their disc server everywhere, you can join it and see who runs it if you really are that interested. I don't see how 'knowing who leads a community' is important.
True, threads can be made more professionally with good looks. But it doesn't serve the purpose of knowing who is behind the project.
see above
Showing the role to others is exactly the purpose, we want to be recognised and we want to answer questions about where to find certain communities or groups in which you can have more fun.
Not necessary, you can put the discord link, and other links in your signature and in your about page. If people are interested in your community they will join it. Having an official rank that displays 'this guy owns a community' is not going to boost the amount of members that join.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
First of all, not only CubeCraft Games Records and The CubeCraft Times post activities on the forums but Tower Defence CC and CCGN Community Events too. 4 communities seems enough reason to add some kind of role to me. Also, if this role were to be implemented, it could encourage other ECOs to start making more threads about their activities.
TCCT, CCG Records and CCGN were 3 examples of an eco. Ofcourse there are other eco servers, but I took this 3 eco servers as an example.
As texbirds said they can put their Discord link and all other information in their signature, their about page and on in their posts itself. If you want to see who runs the external community, you can join the discord server or look at the information which can be put in the signature / about page / in the thread.
Putting your external community organisation in your signature or another place makes it possible for others to find your server.

My main point is that I feel like many members will receive the eco role, while there is no need for. Since there are around 3 to 5 members with the eco role per external community organisation, there will be too many roles without any purpose imo. Since you can easily get the attention for your server, by creating an account for it or how for example CCGN used to post announce their tournaments.

Imo an external community organisation role on the forums is unnecessary. Many servers don't even announce their tournamens on the forums and if they do, it is possible to gain attention and make it look professional. I feel like the eco role will just be a role which will be a 'flex' towards other members, without any purpose like the role has in the Discord server.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I’m not sure about this… I think external community organizers are already easy to recognise by looking in the thread for example. Also, if someone advertises on their discord server on the forums you should know that they are ECO because they are the only people allowed to advertise their discord server.

• Haha
Reactions: beanz and Texbirds

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m not sure about this… I think external community organizers are already easy to recognise by looking in the thread for example. Also, if someone advertises on their discord server on the forums you should know that they are ECO because they are the only people allowed to advertise their discord server.
the thread is wayyy outdated

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi, thanks for your suggestion!

I personally do not like the suggestion of creating a whole rank, or even allowing external community organisers to change their titles. Not only is this a fair amount of maintenance, but also it doesn't serve its purpose of advertising your external community. As mentioned above, advertising it in your signature is allowed.

An idea that I had when revamping the external community organisers program is to create a subforum in "The Lobby" called External Communities, where each community can have their own thread talking about what their Discord is like, and essentially advertising themselves. This isn't a final idea, however it is likely the direction I'll take it in as maintaining it, in the long run, is manageable.

I'll be denying the suggestion for now. Thanks again! ~ Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom