Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be lower prices on the Cubecraft store?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
I personally have a rank. It is Gold. It isn't to useful, but I got it on sale for $30, so I'm happy. However, Gold doesn't give you the voting options that a lot of people want. So I went on the store to check. Alright, not bad, a rank upgrade for $15. But then I got curious. I wanted to know what the Obsidian Rank was from buying it from Stone. Here is what it looks like.
Iron Rank- $19.52 The Iron Rank is pretty much useless, especially for 20 dollars. You don't get any voting options what so ever, and you can barely see your name on the TAB list. All for 20 dollars. I'm sure you could think of more, but I will move on.
Lapis Rank- $32.55 Again, Lapis doesn't have much to offer. If there is anything good about Lapis, it is being able to vote health types on Eggwars, but that isn't enough for 32 dollars. I would suggest fixing up the Lapis and Iron ranks a little bit before another sale goes up.
Gold Rank- $45.57 Gold actually isn't that bad, and that is coming from someone who has that rank. Even more to brag, I got mine on sale for $30. All to be happy, right? Not exactly. Gold does offer a few voting options, but that isn't enough for those people constantly playing Skywars and realize that they can't vote for chest types, and chest types are a huge deal. Gold isn't bad at all, it is a pretty nice rank, but is way overpriced for what it has to offer.
Diamond Rank- $71.62 It would be nice if Cubecraft had a sale soon, it would save me like $70. But really? Yes you get all voting options ( except for arcade ) and it is the most popular rank bought on Cubecraft, but you just got tricked into spending 71 massive dollars that probably wasn't worth it. If you want to talk competitively, I can go on Hypixel and get all the voting options for 5 bucks. And I did. But I also spent 45 dollars that I am kind of regretting. Don't get me wrong, I love Cubecraft, but I am figuring out why so many people haven't bought ranks yet. Diamond is just to much. But it is doing very well. Maybe you could leave it just the way it is.
Emerald Rank- $117.21 Oh boy! A /fly command for only $120?! Sign me up for daylight robbery. Emerald is also a pretty successful rank. However, I asked most of my friends online and they said they got their's on sale. Yeah, Emerald has a pretty color and all, but that doesn't change the fact that it is pretty much useless compared to the Diamond and Obsidian Ranks.
Obsidian Rank- $182.34 Oh my lanta. This is what we Americans would call, "Maxing out your credit card." Cubecraft, I don't think anyone in the right mind would spend 200 dollars for a minecraft cosmetic rank. Wait for a sale or something. That'll knock the price down $10. I personally think the only reason Cubecraft has Obsidian is to emphasize how important giveaways are on the store. That being said, Cubecraft may have a tough time getting money from the higher ranks.

So this is what I found and my ideas about the ranks. If the server were American, the prices would be a lot lower. Cubecraft isn't the biggest server, but it definitely gets it's own share of people and support. With out a doubt it has the best staff team, and one of the strongest anti-cheat systems out there. Now to make things even better, here is what the rank prices should be, USD.

Iron Rank- $9.99
Lapis Rank- $14.99
Gold Rank- $24.99
Diamond Rank- $39.99
Emerald Rank- $59.99
Obsidian Rank- $74.99
These are just what I would think would be the right price, USD. So, to Joe Henry, the sales dude, how would these increase profit? First off, how many people are looking to get a rank from Cubecraft right not? How many people can't afford it? Lowering the prices by a little bit permanently would increase sales like crazy. Do you know how big a sale is on Cubecraft? It is pretty big and extremely rare. And the sales are OK, 25% is good. I think if there were an announcement in the chat section every time you logged in saying Massive Sale. All Ranks 25% off!, it would be good business. Most people would want to buy one, or atleast check the store out, which raises the chance of making additional money compared to the regular prices right now.

This is just something that I've thought of for a long time, having a little fairer prices on the store. I would really like to upgrade my rank, but it is just too much money out of my pockets. Hopefully this reaches a staff member or two, and if it does, please comment down below. Most of the people on Cubecraft are from Europe, and these prices don't even matter to them. However, across the ocean is a completely different story and it is very expensive. Feel free to vote at the top of the page, it would really help.

God bless- CamBam30

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I understand what you say, but I didnt only buy my rank for the extras like voting etc. I also bought it to help CubeCraft improve so they can make this awesome server even better! For almost 2 years 71 dollars isnt that much bro. Not even 3 dollars per month! Im having much fun with my rank so its definitely worth it!

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Ever heard of sales?
Also they aren't actually as expensive based around the proper area you are changing the situation to fit your narrative
It isn't an American server it is a U.K. Server they use GPB

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
I think this suggestion might get closed because it talks about discounts in prices.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I think this suggestion might get closed because it talks about discounts in prices.
It's gonna get closed because this has been discussed before and the prices aren't going to be lowered in the foreseeable future, barring temporary sales.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I don't think they should lower the prices, I think what they do need to do is add more cosmetic perks for the ranks that are on the server now and then add a [Coal] rank which basically gives you a coal block hat(and a couple more random hats), a back coal tag and access to chat colours &1, &2, &3 and &a, &b and &c. Maybe a black glass cage too and 500 vanity points every 2 weeks. Put it on the store for £7 or £8 and it almost be a taster rank. I think then people would be more likely to upgrade to iron afterwards because they don't see the first price being £15, they see it as the second prices only being another £7/8 which does look cheaper and more appealing than £15 straight off the bat.

It has its down sides too I guess but I think it would be a better option than lowering the prices.

Edit: The colour code I chose are examples, different ones could be given but for speed I just wrote those.

Last edited:

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Ever heard of sales?
Also they aren't actually as expensive based around the proper area you are changing the situation to fit your narrative
It isn't an American server it is a U.K. Server they use GPB

Okay. so first off. He mentions sales, in fact he says he bought his during a sale so your first point is right off the bat invalid, maybe read a little bit not just the title. Secondly, with how money and you know.. economy works it doesn't matter that UK use GPB because they prices are converted over to USD meaning that they cost the same no matter what you use GPB is worth a bit more to the world than USD dollars, that's why in the store to upgrade let's say from iron to lapiz it costs 10 GOB , but 13.02 in USD.... because otherwise the whole worlds economy and trading would kinda explode.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 100818

If things are expensive that shouldn't be a reason to make it less expensive. Remember that this is one of the biggest minecraft servers and people are buying ranks every day. Although this server had better days there is no reason to change the prices into this. If you wanna buy a rank so badly you should wait foor a sale (black feiday is the best sale, 50%) So I know, it's expensive and for some ranks you can't really do that much but you still have many abilities with the rank. As you said, diamond is the most populair one, that has a reason: It's the first rank where you can vote the chest type at skywars, eggwars and almost all games. So I understand, the prices are crazy but it's still a free choice on buying it or not.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Sale is a perfect time to upgrade your rank, especially when it's 50%, I suggest you wait until the next sale. I think it's good as it is now, they also have to keep the server up which, of course, costs money.

Reactions: The NightGhost02
A

A pigeon

I will buy lapiz if they lower the price. Its not that we cant afford it , its just not worth it rn.

Also im pretty happy with stone

Reduce the prices

The NightGhost02

Feb 26, 2017
For a graveyard in Sweden
www.cubecraft.net
I think the prices is good as the are right now. :)But we need more things for the all ranks just to make the higher ranks some special and maybe add more to the lower ranks to because right now u don't get to much If u have iron. o_O

And if u sould buy rank do it when the is a sale.its the cheapest way to get rank. ;)( the sales is often at Christmas, summer Halloween for what I know. (they are maybe more times it's sale but I don't know for sure when they are.)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay. so first off. He mentions sales, in fact he says he bought his during a sale so your first point is right off the bat invalid,
nope because adding this basically removes sales and if they keep them than makes them even more pointless
economy works it doesn't matter that UK use GPB because they prices are converted over to USD meaning that they cost the same no matter what you use GPB is worth a bit more to the world than USD dollars, that's why in the store to upgrade let's say from iron to lapiz it costs 10 GOB , but 13.02 in USD.... because otherwise the whole worlds economy and trading would kinda explode.
I realise that they convert fully but they are basing their suggestion around the idea that, this is supposed to be expensive, when it isn't to expensive in the actual country the server is in, also they are still changing the price lower in USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom