• Don't do #6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE REPLYING!!!

1. Instead of saying "You are not allowed to say this!", say "You are not allowed to say x because y!".

Just to make life easier.

2. URL's with "cubecraft.net" as their domain name should not be blocked.
If someone needs help on a CubeCraft topic in-game, you can easily link them to a location on the website (which usually covers everything).

What are the rules?
Where do I report people?
Can I please have a Tower Defense guide?

3. Slashes "x/y/z" should not be blocked.
I know it's part of the link filter, but these slashes really don't need to be blocked for obvious reasons. Just block the line if it has a non-CubeCraft domain name in it.

4. Blocked words separated by spaces should not be blocked.
This can create some weird interactions, like "put a chest over here".

5. Unblock unicode characters.
It really doesn't help. If it blocks people from spamming unicode, it's not going to help because they'll just spam keyboard characters instead. If it blocks people from swearing, again it will not help. People will always find ways to bypass the filter, and the only way to prevent that is to downright mute everyone, so unless you're going to do that, don't even try. Just block the original word, and that's it. If people are going to swear in other languages, don't worry. Either hire staff that speak those languages (maybe post a "hey, we are looking for <language> speaking staff! Apply here <link>" on Twitter?), or use Google Translate. As a last resort, make it so that reports have to include a screenshot of Google Translate in their reports involving foreign languages.

How that would look like:
Name: RuleBreaker
Offense: disrespect
Evidence: <insert evidence of someone being impolite in Chinese>
Translation:
iKqdP6N.png
A huge percentage of Internet users don't speak English, so you're chasing away a huge playerbase, which coming to think of it, is bad for the CubeCraft economy.

6. Unblock words that don't need to be blocked.
These words include: OptiFine, Mojang, FNAF, Freddy, creeper, cape, and others
Sure, maybe those words can be used inappropriately (all words can), but it doesn't matter. Those words are perfectly legitimate and G-rated, and just because a small handful of people are misusing them doesn't mean you should block them! If someone is using these words, I can guarantee that it's most likely they're using it in an appropriate way. Oh yeah, some people are unable to put their own usernames in chat, despite their usernames not being inappropriate in any way.

What's your name?

My name is Freddy.
You are not allowed to say this!
How do I beat 20-20-20-20 in fnaf?
Can OptiFine be used with Forge?
My alt account got stolen! What do I do?

Have you contacted Mojang?

The way it currently is, it almost gives staff an impression that they're lazy because they don't want to deal with an extra small handful of reports in case these restraints (see above) weren't there. So, they'd rather essentially apply large punishments to the innocent and rule-abiding majority.

Are you afraid that my suggestion will cause more rulebreakers? Fear not! We have reports for a reason! We have staff for a reason! We have staff application for a reason! Don't make these features become obsolete :(! It's not like CubeCraft would be suddenly flooded with rulebreaking if my suggestion gets added.

Please do not use the excuse "it'll result in more rulebreakers" to downvote this suggestion, unless you think it will cause a lot of extra rule breakers (and I mean a lot, as in the amount of hackers we have now)- and you must be able to explain why you think it'll result in the tons of extra rulebreakers.
Also, please give a valid reason before downvoting a suggestion, or your vote won't count.

Last edited:

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I know it's part of the link filter, but these slashes really don't need to be blocked for obvious reasons. Just block the line if it has a non-CubeCraft domain name in it.
This ruins the privledge given by staff to advertise your youtube or twitch channel
the filter is abit glitchy so it seems to have blocked some words for no reason on its own
1. Instead of saying "You are not allowed to say this!", say "You are not allowed to say x because y!".
please do

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I like it but the one with spaces (sorry I'm on the phone, hard to reply), if I wrote f*** you but with f *** you (spaces) then it should block it.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

Do I even need to explain this?

It really doesn't help. If it blocks people from spamming unicode, it's not going to help because they'll just spam keyboard characters instead. If it blocks people from swearing, again it will not help. People will always find ways to bypass the filter, and the only way to prevent that is to downright mute everyone, so unless you're going to do that, don't even try. Just block the original word, and that's it. If people are going to swear in other languages, don't worry. Either hire staff that speak those languages (maybe post a "hey, we are looking for <language> speaking staff! Apply here <link>" on Twitter?), or use Google Translate. As a last resort, make it so that reports have to include a screenshot of Google Translate in their reports involving foreign languages.

Evidence:
cvmzABU.jpg
Note: this image is fake. Nobody actually broke any rules (duh).
Translation:
iKqdP6N.png
A huge percentage of Internet users don't speak English, so you're chasing away a huge playerbase, which coming to think of it, is bad for the CubeCraft economy.

Sure, maybe those words can be used inappropriately (all words can), but it doesn't matter. Those words are perfectly legitimate and G-rated, and just because a small handful of people are misusing them doesn't mean you should block them! If someone is using these words, I can guarantee that it's most likely they're using it in an appropriate way. Oh yeah, some people are unable to put their own usernames in chat, despite their usernames not being inappropriate in any way.

The way it currently is, it almost gives staff an impression that they're lazy because they don't want to deal with an extra small handful of reports in case these restraints (see above) weren't there.

Are you afraid that my suggestion will cause more rulebreakers? Fear not! We have reports for a reason! We have staff for a reason! We have staff application for a reason! Don't make these features become obsolete :(! It's not like CubeCraft would be suddenly flooded with rulebreaking if my suggestion gets added.

Please do not use the excuse "it'll result in more rulebreakers" to downvote this suggestion, unless you think it will cause a lot of extra rule breakers (and I mean a lot, as in the amount of hackers we have now)- and you must be able to explain why you think it'll result in the tons of extra rulebreakers.
I think that they should remove the no linking cubecraft sites. I also think they should remove those random words that are filtered.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

Do I even need to explain this?

Evidence:
cvmzABU.jpg
Note: this image is fake. Nobody actually broke any rules (duh).
Translation:
iKqdP6N.png

The way it currently is, it almost gives staff an impression that they're lazy because they don't want to deal with an extra small handful of reports in case these restraints (see above) weren't there.

Yes you do need to explain this

Certain things don't come out on top

P

Pogg

#6 is the most important one, but I checked all but #1. I don't get why you can't say wtf... you're not swearing or anything. It's basically a gentle form of ... wtf spelled out.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Dat guy who downvoted #1... why? Oh well, it doesn't matter cuz it doesn't count if they don't provide an explanation.

It doesn't matter.
yes it kinda does
if somebody coins a slur in a thread NOBODY noticed then told them to go to it that may have been REALLY offensive to the person
besides it tells you this already when you enter a lobby

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom