Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think (read the whole thread first)

• Total voters

BlueQuakeAdmin_

Apr 17, 2016
Earth
First off, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before.

So, my suggestion is to add a Welcome message like 'Welcome to CCG <user>!' for people who joins CC for their 1st time.

This message will be shown in the Cubecraft main lobby as that is where you are brought to every time you log onto CC. The message will only be said once as it is that player's first time in CC. This message will be shown publicly to the Cubecraft main lobby only.

Pros:
Staff/members can welcome that user (as the message is only shown in that 1lobby, not too many people will welcome that new player :|)

The new member should get a pretty nice welcome to the server

Cons:
Message can get annoying to players who don't want or like seeing the welcome message (toggle on/off option..?)

Attack of spam bots could flood the chat with these messages, adding to the spam

Vreeself

Feb 22, 2017
Belgium
www.youtube.com
Why should you spam it in the whole lobby?
you can also just tell it to the player himself
We can also add a "read the rules" option to make people know the rules.

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
A lot of new players join Cube each day, as you said there are a lot of just spam accounts and alts.
Staff/members can welcome that user (as the message is only shown in that 1lobby, not too many people will welcome that new player :|)
Most the time I don't see much staff hanging around in lobbies and usually it's just afk people who take up most the space. If players feel like they want to stay in the lobby to welcome anyone who's new joins, that's up to them. But while it's friendly it's not necessarily a top priority.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
There already is a system that detects if players have ever logged on yes or no. (Meaning that it'll write a bit of data the moment a new user joins for the first time). You can see this if you try to add someone to your friend list or report someone that has yet to ever log onto the server. "This user has never logged on to the server" will pop up when you try to do so.

When adding this feature or enabling it, they must've thought of adding the welcome message as its quite common on other servers.
At the time they probably decided to scrap the idea, however I have no idea why...

How I think about your suggestion? It'll probably create lots of Sammy messages with "welcome" and "yo press the compass to get into games" which is all fine but I do not think id wanna get spammed by people who've been playing on a server longer than me telling me what to do. There already are info boards all over the place, no need for people to spam others with what to do.

If all the players would say was just kind welcome messages and all I'd totally be fine with it, but there are always people who will help people even if they didn't ask for it.
It might just be me looking at this suggestion in this way :) sorry if that's the case...

I guess It'd be cool to have a welcome message displayed on the new users screen only, although I think most players won't really care :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueQuakeAdmin_

JasperEdits

Aug 26, 2016
First off, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before.

So, my suggestion is to add a Welcome message like 'Welcome to CCG <user>!' for people who joins CC for their 1st time.

This message will be shown in the Cubecraft main lobby as that is where you are brought to every time you log onto CC. The message will only be said once as it is that player's first time in CC. This message will be shown publicly to the Cubecraft main lobby only.

Pros:

The new member should get a pretty nice welcome to the server

Cons:
Message can get annoying to players who don't want or like seeing the welcome message (toggle on/off option..?)

Attack of spam bots could flood the chat with these messages, adding to the spam
Yea nice idea! Like a Welcome, not bad

Well it sounds like a pretty nice idea but I would rather see this combined with an idea @Lexu1 suggested not that long ago:
Please, do not respond to this thread since it would be considered necro-posting.
This way players get a warm welcome and a chance to read the officiall rules.

Maybe it's better if the ''welcome'' is visible to the player which it is directed to only.
This would solve this problem.

Reactions: Exull

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I think it would be better if that sentence is displayed on the user's screen and not in the chat where everyone can see it. And indeed, a sentence with /rules in it wouldn't be that bad too. So I agree, but don't let the sentence come in the chat, just only on the user's screen.

Reactions: FluffyRoses
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday, Skate! 🛼 🎈
As I am pretty close to fact #60, I would like to ask something. Do you all like Minecraft facts or irl facts? I have been posting Minecraft facts for five days for a change. If you want mc facts, I am pretty sure I have a few more. If you all want irl facts, I have no problem in doing that! Although I would have to check the availability of the facts, this would help me post more interesting and fun facts!
Reesle wrote on MCotoulas's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Top Bottom