Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

QuietOnions

Sep 13, 2017
since a lot of people make fun of people and their disabilities and call people autistic and cancerous and etc. you guys should make a filter on disabilities and diseases

Last edited:
Reactions: Demosiz

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Cancer itself isnt a disability so that wouldnt even affect this situation, im not sure if theyed mute these scenarios though, simply on the fact they are trying not to ruin normal conversation i have autism (aspergers specifically) myself and if i cant explain that because autism is blotted out then i sound cocky if i have to say " i have a sharper mind than you" while your logic is sound and i do agree its an issue that needs adressing, its something that is a "proceed with caution" situation

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 they could just be discussing it or when they say something bad about it its satire (its not srs) so I don't see a reason.

D

Deleted member 169486

Even if they don't filter it, remove the need for warnings. Yesterday someone said they would report me because I have anger issues and autism and all they got was a warning.

Reactions: Lilleh__

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
since a lot of people make fun of people and their disabilities and call people autistic and cancerous and etc. you guys should make a filter on disabilities and diseases
I have never seen anyone say that in-game, but yes would be a good idea to remove them, but then the players always find a different to make it more toxic

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I do understand that some people may be against this, since people may be talking about it normally and maturely.

However, everyone has to admit that Minecraft is not the place to talk about this. I do not want to discriminate people who are affected by those diseases / disabilities, but I do think that it's best to remove it from the filter. For one, 80% of the times it is used, it'll be in a negative way to insult and harm someone else. This is what we are trying to keep from happening, so the other possible uses could be to say that you are affected by it, or a debate about it. I think we can all agree that, as I previously mentioned, a debate about diseases / disabilities does not belong to a Minecraft server, and should rather be carried out in private, so nobody can bring any harmful comments into the conversation. Lastly, no matter how severe, I think it is never the time to declare that one is affected by said disability on a server such as CubeCraftGames. I have all the respect for people who'd like to tell their friends something so personal and painful, however a public chat just bring too many ways in which negativity could be brought upon said person.

That said, I feel like it is a good idea to be adding those words to the filter, not to discriminate the affected, but to simply keep the chat safe, and protect anyone from harm in that direction.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yea... I have been called retarded and mentally disabled :/
It sucks, but I have thick skin so its all good

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I have never seen anyone say that in-game, but yes would be a good idea to remove them, but then the players always find a different to make it more toxic
Sounds like Donald Trump undercover. @Tacosbefriends since when was having anger issues and autism against the rules?
Jk obvs

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I agree with you but not fully agree with you. I know a person who has cancer and she said to me that she doesn't mind if you say Cancer because it isn't a swear word. Cancer itself is a word to swear against it, that's what she said to me. But I agree , you need to filter those words because they are getting used to swear with.

@KoiYT it isn't smart to tag Tacos , he is very busy.

Reactions: Lilleh__
A

A pigeon

-1. . These are diseases. There is no need for them to be muted. Autism , retardation etc shouldnt be treated as "bad words".

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
-1. . These are diseases. There is no need for them to be muted. Autism , retardation etc shouldnt be treated as "bad words".
If you've had your fair share with more toxic members of this - or other - communities, especially on Minecraft, then you should know that people often reside to using "You autistic ---" as a common insult. I'd like you to read my previous reply just to clarify why it is a good idea. Of course, I'm not trying to argue with you, I'd just like to see if you do happen to agree in the end.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Tommy Boi wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you so much for everything, you'll be missed.
Top Bottom